Addison Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Addison

Schlotzsky's: My Favorite Sandwich

by msbrandysue Written Mar 14, 2012

Schlotzsky’s is one of my very favorite places to eat. It’s a sandwich shop that you can take out or eat in the shop with plenty of tables always available. It’s a bit pricier ($6-7 for a sandwich) than most other sandwich shops but definitely worth it.

It's a place where you order at the counter, then wait for your food and pick it up when they call your number. It's very casual and I'm sure you'll love the food!

Favorite Dish: The highlight is the sandwiches. They make it with thick sourdough bread and very thinly sliced meat. Then they sprinkle cheese (the best is a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella) on one piece of bread and run it through an oven conveyor belt. Therefore the sandwich is warm and very tasty. The Original is their signature sandwich and comes with: “Home of The Original® Sandwich. Lean smoked ham, Genoa and cotto salamis, and melted cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses layered with black olives, red onion, lettuce, tomato, mustard and our signature dressing on toasted Sourdough bread.” (From the website.)

Their sandwiches are quite large. I’ve never ordered a large, the mediums are quite enough when you’re at your hungriest.

Their original chips are delicious! Their pizzas are as well. The cheese and pizza is definitely worth trying, also cooked on a sourdough. The bbq chicken looks just as good but it’s hard not to get my favorite sandwich, the turkey and cheese.

Dunn Bros Coffee: Coffee for a Cause

by msbrandysue Written May 21, 2011

Dunn Bros is another small coffeehouse chain that I've seen in Houston and Dallas. They have good coffee and an even better atmosphere. It's very similar to Starbucks in that you'll see people studying, reading, and on their laptops when you enter. But the servers are as equally as friendly and the community awareness is inspiring. When I went to this particular store in Addison I found local community happenings on the windows, local papers giving local events, and papers available to read for free laying on the tables.

My favorite thing about Dunn Bros is their community give-back program. Volunteer organizations can sign themselves up and when customers use their give-back card Dunn Bros will give the organizations a few cents from their coffee purchase. My mother signed her organization Operation Lone Star up and they have received some donations through it. You better believe Starbucks surely doesn't do that. The website below also shows how involved Dunn Bros is with the community. Love that kind of a company when supporting with my purchases!

They also have live music every now and then. No one famous, just little coffeeshop players.

Monday-Sunday they close at 10pm
    Monday-Friday open at 6am, Saturday 7am, Sunday 8am

Benedict's: Great Breakfast

by msbrandysue Written May 1, 2011

My favorite place to go to breakfast is on Restaurant Row in Addison, North of Dallas. It's got a little nicer feel (you could show up in shorts and a nice shirt but I wouldn't wear your jersey and cut offs). The food has a range of breakfast items and some brunch items.

It gets busy after church on Sundays and most weekend mornings from 8am-after 12pm. But it's definitely worth the wait, if you can spare the time. It's not a huge place. There are three small eating rooms but the service is good.

The only downfall are the hours...Wish it was opened later into the afternoon but only because I like it so much.

Hours:
    Monday-Friday
    6:00 am-2:00 pm
    Saturday-Sunday
    6:30 am-3:00 pm

Favorite Dish: The food is definitely the best part of coming to Benedict's. Their gigantic breakfast burrito was HEAVEN! Eggs are great, meats are cooked well...pancakes are just as yummy as ever! They have almost everything you could want for breakfast, no matter what your traditions/customs are!

Some others praise their brunch/lunch items like soups and salads but I can never pass up the breakfast here.

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Queen of Sheba: Ethiopian Food

by kyoub Updated Nov 8, 2009

Samples

We had been craving some Ethiopian food so our next stop was the Queen of Sheba.
    Hubby had the Spicy slow-cooked chunks of lamb ($5). I had the saute of cabbage, potatoes. and carrots($4). Both entrees were served on a bed of injere and 2 extra pieces on the side.

Favorite Dish: We go to their restaurant usually on special occasions because it is about an hours drive from our house. I always have the veggie platter and hubby has something very spicy, with lamb.
    Baskets of injere are served with the meal plus they will bring eating utensils if you ask.
    We always have a bottle of the honey wine also.

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Shine's Mediterranean Market: Turkey experience

by kyoub Updated Nov 8, 2009

Waiting

Our first stop for food was at the Turkish market. There was a long line so I took that to
    mean it must be good. Hubby had a Kabab($5) and I had hummus($3). In another tent was their bakery so we had to stop there. I had a Baklava($3), hubby skipped the dessert and went on to the Turkish wine tasting. He enjoyed the glass of red wine and inquired where we might be able to buy a bottle.

Favorite Dish: What we had was more or less samples of what they have in their main restaurant.
    I am sure the food is much better there.
    They also have a grocery market next door to the restaurant.

• Festivals

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Cristina's Fine Mexican Restaurant: BEST Enchiladas in Dallas!

by msbrandysue Updated Nov 7, 2009

This is one of those restaurants where you really can't go wrong. It has anything you would ever want from drinks to food. From enchiladas to tacos, mariscos to fajitas, it's all fantastic. It's particularly hopping on Friday afternoons for happy hour and dinner.

I have eaten at the ones in Addison and Lewisville and find them equal in service and taste.

The ambience is very open, cocktail hour, sometimes loud, usually a group or two is having a good time.

I just don't have the skills to tell you how good the food is. Chips and hot sauce are free! So, try it and enjoy!

Favorite Dish: I always get the enchiladas!! I usually get two chicken enchiladas in sour cream sauce and one cheese enchilada (no onions) with queso sauce. It also comes with beans and rice.

When I'm feeling good I get a nice house margarita :D

• Cafe Brazil: Late Night Must - Awesome Anytime

by JT1044 Written Jun 7, 2009

This place is best known for both their Breakfast and their "Deep Night". If you're tired of Denny's and IHOP after a night out in Addison (or their other 24 hour locations) then you have to give them a try. Everything in the place is handmade in their kitchen and I've never left disapointed by what I ordered. If you're looking for a nice weekend breakfast or a place to cool down after a wild night partying then they've got it. They were voted 2009's "Best Breakfast" and "Best Place to avoid a DWI" by the Dallas Observer and they don't disappoint.

It's easy to just say they have a mexicanish type feel, but that'd be doing their menu a disservice. Aside from their Omeletes, sandwhiches, and amazing french toast they also have a selection of crepe dishes, whether filled with veggies and meats or topped off with fruit and creme anglaise.

And of course, you cant forget their bottomless coffee bar. Why settle for a pot of IHOP coffee, when you can choose from 7 different flavors that rotate each day, and are roasted right here in Dallas.

Favorite Dish: MIGAS! How can you say no to homemade Chorizo sausage, jalepenos, bell perppers, onions and scrambled eggs with their own Rosemary Roasted Potatoes. Yum!

Addison Point: Good Burgers and Quiet Sports Bar

by msbrandysue Written Feb 1, 2009

The Addison Point is a favorite for many family members, even though they are very different people. Not matter your tastes these burgers are worth it. It's a small sports bar with a small crowd. It's been around since before I was born even though there are no flashy signs to get you here.

Inside it's dark and it's one of the only places you can still smoke inside. It's got a few games for the kids. Good selection of TVs but don't expect the latest HD on all of them.

Favorite Dish: My family says the burgers. I like the club sandwich and grilled cheese. (There's always that odd duck in the family!)

Saltgrass Steakhouse: Great Steaks

by msbrandysue Written Feb 1, 2009

When Saltgrass first started expanding their franchises I hated steak. Yea, yea, I wasn't even a teenager though. So I started with the kids menu and have worked myself up to the best steak in the place.

The restaurant is authentic country Texas. The decor ranges from televisions with the game on, deer heads, bear heads, license plates and other country decor. They have a full bar and eating area. The tables are covered in white linens and the waitors wear tuxedo shirts and long white aprons.

I recently went here for my birthday lunch and was surprised to have been given a black napkin and silverware. I think the waitress saw the confusion on my face and said that I was given the black one because my dress pants were black and it was to protect them. Isn't that wonderful? I thought it was very thoughtful of them.

There are many restaurants around the city. So, please, use the website and find the one nearest you. I've never been disappointed by one and I've been to quite a few around the state.

Favorite Dish: The food is delicious!! I would highly recommend the Maudene's Filet. 7oz. is more than enough for me but I believe there is a 10oz. cut as well. It comes with your choice of side (potatoes a few different ways or veggies) along with onion rings on the side. It's soooooo good!!!! When you order a steak you also get a choice of soup or salad. Both are delicious.

You get complimentary bread with fantastic tasting butter. So great.

When you order tea they bring out your own jar of tea so that you can refill your own glasses. My dad likes that.

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Romano's Macaroni Grill: Best Italian!

by msbrandysue Written Oct 5, 2008

The food here is incredible. They have the traditional italian food such as lasagna, pasta, etc. It's all amazing. You get bread and oil when you sit down. They have a more expensive meal called Mama's Trio which I get when I'm STARVING and not watching my calorie intake. It includes lasagna, chicken parmasgan and chicken cannallonni. (Sorry about the spelling!) They also have a really neat menu item called "Create Your Own Pasta" which I usually always get. You pick your sauce, noodles, meat, and veggies. Their caesar salad is also wonderful. The drinks are fantastic. I usually get the bellini which is awesome!

The ambience is family-oriented. The lights are dimmed a bit. The tables are covered with a white linen, then on top of that, there is white paper in which the kids can color on or adults too :p I have played many a tic tac toe on the tables!

Favorite Dish: My favorite is the Create Your Own pasta which you have to get the paper from the waitor. Or, if I'm really hungry I get the Mama's Trio.

Dukes Original Roadhouse: Roadhouse

by Kevross85 Updated Jun 20, 2008
    Welcome to Dukes

Dukes is a great place to hang out if it's for food or for a few beers. The atmosphere is quite chilled and laid back with music normally playing or sports on one of the many tvs scaterred around the bar.

The service is always good and we found the waitress' really nice and even ended up going out a few times with a couple of them. On a monday night you can get beers for two dollars and a lot of shots and liquor for the same price which is always fun.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish from dukes is the chicken fried steak. It is really big and is cooked just right, it comes with your choice of potatoes eg mashed, boiled, jacket or french fries. I found it really good and would reccomend it. also if your feeling like getting a few drinks down your neck i would reccomend getting the royal f*ck shot it's pretty good and only two dollars on a monday.

• Work Abroad
    • Study Abroad

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Snuffer's: Best Burgers and Cheese Fries!!

by msbrandysue Written Jun 13, 2008

The food is typical american...burgers, fries, chicken fingers, etc. I have never had to wait on a table, and I've been there plenty of times. It has many tvs if you wanna watch a game but it doesn't get too loud. It's great for guys, girls, or families. The lettuce they use is so awesome. I know that sounds silly but just try it and see why. Overall, you HAVE to try their burgers if you go with some cheese fries!! You will not be disappointed! And, if you are, feel free to let me know.

Favorite Dish: Can you tell?? Cheese fries and a cheeseburger!!

Fried mushrooms with ranch are a great appetizer, too!

Kids chicken fingers if you have kids with ya!

Taco Bueno: My Favorite Fast Food

by msbrandysue Written Jun 12, 2008

Yes, America is all about fast food. It's cheap, fast, and easy! While in Addison I always make sure to stop at Taco Bueno!! It is great tex-mex food with a lower price. Although loaded in calories I always save one meal to splurge and this is definitely the one!

*No alcohol is available like some places around here though.

Favorite Dish: My favorite meal is the Mucho Nachos (without the chili sauce or refried beans) with a soft beef taco. It is enough for two people, unless you're really hungry!! They put plenty of queso and tomatos on top which I always enjoy. However, because of all the the toppings some of the chips lose their crunch. I love it!! My mom hates nachos like that so be advised!

The tacos both hard and crispy are fantastic. I've heard the tortilla soup is great, although it's usually only available in the colder months. The mexi-dip is also great. You get beans, guacamole, and a cheese puff to dip your chips in.

Ghengis grill: Mongolian Grill

by Kevross85 Written May 28, 2008

This place is classed as a mongolian grill but i've never ate mongolian before so I cannot comment on that aspect of it, but the food is still really good. It is a unique experience as youa re given an empty bowl and you then proceed to fill it up with a selection of meats and veg, before choosing your sauces then handing it over to be served. With your meat and veg you choose what side you want with it eg rice, noodles, pasta or tortillas. You can make endless combinations here and I thouroughly enjoyed it everytime I went.

It is 10dollars for one bowl or 13dollars for an all you can eat thing but in my experience I only ever needed one bowl as you can pack it pretty full.

Favorite Dish: If you like spicy food make sure to put some of the dragon powder in but be careful it packs a punch. Also add the dried chillies and they may make you regret it but lovers of the spicy food will relish in this

Best Thai: Good thai food

by Kevross85 Written May 1, 2008
    best thai menu

This little place is tucked away off of the main road but is definitely worth a visit. it's a quaint family run business with a good atmosphere inside. The food is all prepared fresh and is very good. A plus point is the will make ur dishes to whatever spice level you like so if you want it hot they'll make it extra hot for you.

• Work Abroad

Instant Answers: Addison

Comments

Addison Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Addison restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Addison sightseeing.