Addison Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Addison

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Fogo de Chao: Great Brazilian Barbeque

by VeronicaG Updated Feb 27, 2007

Gaucho chef presenting a selection of meat

After all I had heard about this restaurant, I couldn't wait to get there! Fogo de Chao offers a buffet and barbeque in the "Churrasco"style or Brazilian tradition.

The restaurant features continuous tableside service featuring fifteen different cuts of beef, pork, lamb and chicken. These cuts are brought to the table by Gaucho chefs; the amount controlled by small green and red "chips" given to the customer. Green side up means "continue with the meats"; red side up means "stop or stop for now".

The various meats are paraded around one's table while you make your selection. This style of dining was unique to us, but we loved it! The salad buffet contained a wide variety of fresh vegetables, gourmet salads and lots of side dishes. We were also able to order one of my favorite dessert: tres leches cake.

Favorite Dish: The Brazilian barbeque was fantastic--meats cooked to perfection; a vast array of salads and delicious desserts!

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Shine's Mediterranean Market: Turkey experience

by kyoub Updated Nov 8, 2009

Waiting

Our first stop for food was at the Turkish market. There was a long line so I took that to
    mean it must be good. Hubby had a Kabab($5) and I had hummus($3). In another tent was their bakery so we had to stop there. I had a Baklava($3), hubby skipped the dessert and went on to the Turkish wine tasting. He enjoyed the glass of red wine and inquired where we might be able to buy a bottle.

Favorite Dish: What we had was more or less samples of what they have in their main restaurant.
    I am sure the food is much better there.
    They also have a grocery market next door to the restaurant.

• Festivals

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Queen of Sheba: Ethiopian Food

by kyoub Updated Nov 8, 2009

Samples

We had been craving some Ethiopian food so our next stop was the Queen of Sheba.
    Hubby had the Spicy slow-cooked chunks of lamb ($5). I had the saute of cabbage, potatoes. and carrots($4). Both entrees were served on a bed of injere and 2 extra pieces on the side.

Favorite Dish: We go to their restaurant usually on special occasions because it is about an hours drive from our house. I always have the veggie platter and hubby has something very spicy, with lamb.
    Baskets of injere are served with the meal plus they will bring eating utensils if you ask.
    We always have a bottle of the honey wine also.

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Cristina's Fine Mexican Restaurant: BEST Enchiladas in Dallas!

by msbrandysue Updated Nov 7, 2009

This is one of those restaurants where you really can't go wrong. It has anything you would ever want from drinks to food. From enchiladas to tacos, mariscos to fajitas, it's all fantastic. It's particularly hopping on Friday afternoons for happy hour and dinner.

I have eaten at the ones in Addison and Lewisville and find them equal in service and taste.

The ambience is very open, cocktail hour, sometimes loud, usually a group or two is having a good time.

I just don't have the skills to tell you how good the food is. Chips and hot sauce are free! So, try it and enjoy!

Favorite Dish: I always get the enchiladas!! I usually get two chicken enchiladas in sour cream sauce and one cheese enchilada (no onions) with queso sauce. It also comes with beans and rice.

When I'm feeling good I get a nice house margarita :D

Saltgrass Steakhouse: Great Steaks

by msbrandysue Written Feb 1, 2009

When Saltgrass first started expanding their franchises I hated steak. Yea, yea, I wasn't even a teenager though. So I started with the kids menu and have worked myself up to the best steak in the place.

The restaurant is authentic country Texas. The decor ranges from televisions with the game on, deer heads, bear heads, license plates and other country decor. They have a full bar and eating area. The tables are covered in white linens and the waitors wear tuxedo shirts and long white aprons.

I recently went here for my birthday lunch and was surprised to have been given a black napkin and silverware. I think the waitress saw the confusion on my face and said that I was given the black one because my dress pants were black and it was to protect them. Isn't that wonderful? I thought it was very thoughtful of them.

There are many restaurants around the city. So, please, use the website and find the one nearest you. I've never been disappointed by one and I've been to quite a few around the state.

Favorite Dish: The food is delicious!! I would highly recommend the Maudene's Filet. 7oz. is more than enough for me but I believe there is a 10oz. cut as well. It comes with your choice of side (potatoes a few different ways or veggies) along with onion rings on the side. It's soooooo good!!!! When you order a steak you also get a choice of soup or salad. Both are delicious.

You get complimentary bread with fantastic tasting butter. So great.

When you order tea they bring out your own jar of tea so that you can refill your own glasses. My dad likes that.

Addison Point: Good Burgers and Quiet Sports Bar

by msbrandysue Written Feb 1, 2009

The Addison Point is a favorite for many family members, even though they are very different people. Not matter your tastes these burgers are worth it. It's a small sports bar with a small crowd. It's been around since before I was born even though there are no flashy signs to get you here.

Inside it's dark and it's one of the only places you can still smoke inside. It's got a few games for the kids. Good selection of TVs but don't expect the latest HD on all of them.

Favorite Dish: My family says the burgers. I like the club sandwich and grilled cheese. (There's always that odd duck in the family!)

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Romano's Macaroni Grill: Best Italian!

by msbrandysue Written Oct 5, 2008

The food here is incredible. They have the traditional italian food such as lasagna, pasta, etc. It's all amazing. You get bread and oil when you sit down. They have a more expensive meal called Mama's Trio which I get when I'm STARVING and not watching my calorie intake. It includes lasagna, chicken parmasgan and chicken cannallonni. (Sorry about the spelling!) They also have a really neat menu item called "Create Your Own Pasta" which I usually always get. You pick your sauce, noodles, meat, and veggies. Their caesar salad is also wonderful. The drinks are fantastic. I usually get the bellini which is awesome!

The ambience is family-oriented. The lights are dimmed a bit. The tables are covered with a white linen, then on top of that, there is white paper in which the kids can color on or adults too :p I have played many a tic tac toe on the tables!

Favorite Dish: My favorite is the Create Your Own pasta which you have to get the paper from the waitor. Or, if I'm really hungry I get the Mama's Trio.

Taco Bueno: My Favorite Fast Food

by msbrandysue Written Jun 12, 2008

Yes, America is all about fast food. It's cheap, fast, and easy! While in Addison I always make sure to stop at Taco Bueno!! It is great tex-mex food with a lower price. Although loaded in calories I always save one meal to splurge and this is definitely the one!

*No alcohol is available like some places around here though.

Favorite Dish: My favorite meal is the Mucho Nachos (without the chili sauce or refried beans) with a soft beef taco. It is enough for two people, unless you're really hungry!! They put plenty of queso and tomatos on top which I always enjoy. However, because of all the the toppings some of the chips lose their crunch. I love it!! My mom hates nachos like that so be advised!

The tacos both hard and crispy are fantastic. I've heard the tortilla soup is great, although it's usually only available in the colder months. The mexi-dip is also great. You get beans, guacamole, and a cheese puff to dip your chips in.

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Snuffer's: Best Burgers and Cheese Fries!!

by msbrandysue Written Jun 13, 2008

The food is typical american...burgers, fries, chicken fingers, etc. I have never had to wait on a table, and I've been there plenty of times. It has many tvs if you wanna watch a game but it doesn't get too loud. It's great for guys, girls, or families. The lettuce they use is so awesome. I know that sounds silly but just try it and see why. Overall, you HAVE to try their burgers if you go with some cheese fries!! You will not be disappointed! And, if you are, feel free to let me know.

Favorite Dish: Can you tell?? Cheese fries and a cheeseburger!!

Fried mushrooms with ranch are a great appetizer, too!

Kids chicken fingers if you have kids with ya!

Schlotzsky's: My Favorite Sandwich

by msbrandysue Written Mar 14, 2012

Schlotzsky’s is one of my very favorite places to eat. It’s a sandwich shop that you can take out or eat in the shop with plenty of tables always available. It’s a bit pricier ($6-7 for a sandwich) than most other sandwich shops but definitely worth it.

It's a place where you order at the counter, then wait for your food and pick it up when they call your number. It's very casual and I'm sure you'll love the food!

Favorite Dish: The highlight is the sandwiches. They make it with thick sourdough bread and very thinly sliced meat. Then they sprinkle cheese (the best is a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella) on one piece of bread and run it through an oven conveyor belt. Therefore the sandwich is warm and very tasty. The Original is their signature sandwich and comes with: “Home of The Original® Sandwich. Lean smoked ham, Genoa and cotto salamis, and melted cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses layered with black olives, red onion, lettuce, tomato, mustard and our signature dressing on toasted Sourdough bread.” (From the website.)

Their sandwiches are quite large. I’ve never ordered a large, the mediums are quite enough when you’re at your hungriest.

Their original chips are delicious! Their pizzas are as well. The cheese and pizza is definitely worth trying, also cooked on a sourdough. The bbq chicken looks just as good but it’s hard not to get my favorite sandwich, the turkey and cheese.

Soho Food & Jazz Restaurant

by keeweechic Updated Jan 8, 2004

Soho Food & Jazz - a great restaurant with indoor and outdoor dining and great live jazz entertainment. There is a happy hour there at night as well. We went here for my birthday and it turned out to be a great choice.

Service was good, house wine was good, ambiance was great. The menu we were told is being improved (even more so) and will be quite different still. An original and amazing blend of flavours in the menu.

Favorite Dish: Ahi Tuna - sesame seared ahi tuna, wasabi potato silos, stir fry & ponzu reduction. The Tuna was amazing and you could have it drizzled with wasabi or play it safe and have it on the side. The potatoes were unbelievable. Imagine mashed potatoes, with a hint of wasabi, piped into a deep fried spring roll shell!.

The Pupu platter (as an appetiser). You can either have it for one or for 2. for one, a satay stick, battered shrimp, the most mouthwatering calamari with a light batter, sushi of raw julienne vegetables with raw fish wrapped in rice paper and served with an extraordinary soy based sauce.

The Tiramisu - if you get as far as dessert (we shared one), you will think you have died and gone to heaven. So light that it could have levitated off the plate and the pool of rich coffee sauce underneath was delicious.

The Londoner

by keeweechic Updated Oct 7, 2002

The Londoner is a real traditional English pub in North Dallas. Great atmosphere, good service, plenty of parking.

Favorite Dish: Fish and chips. Fish done in a beer and flour batter which makes it nice and crispy and not greasy - fabulous. The steak and Mushroom pie - huge with large chunks of melt in your mouth steak and sliced mushrooms served with beans and mashed tatties. There is also an appetitiser of chips (fries) and curry sauce. Now this was a little strange and I think was more catering to the TexMex tastebuds as it was like a salsa with a curry flavour.

Houston's

by keeweechic Updated May 25, 2004

This restaurant is found in a few states across the country but they don't exactly consider themselves as a Chain restaurant and it doesn't really give you that feel either. Immensely popular and you cannot book so you have to just avoid the busy nights and times or be prepared to wait. Our wait time was only 5 mins on a Sunday night. There is a bar there you can fill your time in while waiting.

Favorite Dish: The service was very good although it gets a little noisy and it is a bit hard to hear the waiters menu suggestions. The spinach dip appetisers is definitely worth trying - its delicious but save room for the great choices in Main courses. I had the fish of the day which was Halibut topped with stuffed crab and I choose the couscous as an accompaniment which was wonderful. The Hawaiian sirloin was also perfect and came with an unusual corn dish of white beans, corn done in a very light curry sauce. If can manage it, their desserts are also well recommended.

• BJs Brewery Addison, TX: Horrible Service!!!!!

by coreyDudley Written Feb 9, 2007

I ate at this resturant tonight with my family. When the food came out, it was cold and when I asked the waitress about it she seemed irritated and replaced it but with an attitude. The place seemed to be understaffed. Not sure how because several employees (wait staff) were gathered around talking and laughing instead of doing work!! I asked our waitress if I could talk to a manager and she came back 15 min. later with our bill and said that all of the managers were busy but that she had one of them remove the dish that was brought out cold from our bill. I have never experienced the kind of lousy service tonight at ANY resturant before!! I WILL NEVER EAT THERE AGAIN!!!!!

Favorite Dish: ?

• engineer_traveller's Profile Photo

Nate's Seafood: Seafood and Live Band

by engineer_traveller Written Aug 16, 2006

The restraurant is decorated with a "New-Orleans, cajun" ambience. On some days, they have a live jazz band at the bar. Of the 3 times I visited, I enjoyed eating at the bar counter.

Favorite Dish: When its in season, order the "turbo" crawfish by the pound, as an appetizer. You may want to wash that down with a tall glass of beer; the "turbo" seasoning may be too salty by itself.
    For the main entree, the ribeye steak is juicy and succulent and its very good size. It comes with hush-puppies (fried potato balls?) and garlic bread.
    Finish it off with the new york cheesecake with strawberry toppings.

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Addison

Comments

Addison Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Addison restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Addison sightseeing.