Amarillo Shopping

by atufft

Most Recent Shopping in Amarillo

• Top Notch Treasures: Funky Christian Shop in Amarillo

by rspence1270 Updated Apr 4, 2011

If you are looking for a unique shooping experience, go to Top Notch Treasures. They offer custom painted furniture/art, Christian gifts & seasonal home decor. It is attached to Top Notch Transmissions. The staff is very nice & helpful.

What to buy: *Custom painted furniture
    *Floral arrangements
    *Vintage decor
    *Notepads with sass!
    *Chrsitian gifts & decor

What to pay: TNT offers their merchandise at competitive prices.

Business Card Merchandise
    • Women's Travel

• atufft's Profile Photo

Cavender's Boot City #34: Cowboy Fashions in Amarillo

by atufft Updated Mar 19, 2007

We had missed the opportunity to shop for Texas boots where they are made--El Paso--so we took the opportunity to see what we could find in the cowboy outpost of Amarillo. Cavender's #34 off I-40. I bought a pair of brown ostrich skin boots with all leather soles and no man-made materials for $160-, which I believe is a good deal. My wife has a size 5 foot, so finding her size is always next to impossible, but she did manage to find a couple of nice fringe leather jackets. I bought for my sister, whose foot size is relatively common, a couple of pairs of cowgirl fashion boots. This store is a good place for boots, jackets, denim pants, and belts. I found the belt buckles to be rather expensive compared to what we found at the Navajo owned stores in Gallup, NM. (See my post on Gallup). However, Cavender's is very good about returns. My sister decided she didn't like one pair that we had bought for her, so I was able to mail them back to Cavender's and get my credit card promptly credited for the full amount.

What to buy: Cowboy Boots, and other leather shoes and work boots. Ostrich, snakeskin, alligator, or standard leather, it's all here. Great selection of western wear--shirts and pants--but the best deals are on the boots.

What to pay: All leather Boot prices can be high here too, but if you shop for the discounted items, assuming it's in your size, good deals can be found. If money's not a problem, then they have a wide selection at all price levels.

Cavender's Boot City
    • Archeology

Instant Answers: Amarillo

Comments

Amarillo Shopping

Reviews and photos of Amarillo shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Amarillo sightseeing.