Six Flags, Arlington

by e7forever
    View of Arlington from Six Flags
    by zeeshanrahat
  • Seen from the Ballpark in Arlington, nearby
    Seen from the Ballpark in Arlington,...
    by Jim35
  • e7forever's Profile Photo

Six Flags Over Texas

by e7forever Written Oct 18, 2005

I'm sure you have all heard of Six Flags. Well Six Flags over Texas certainly lives up to all the hype that comes along with a Six Flags thrill park. It is the only Six flags in the Dallas area.

To Six Flags Over Texas

FROM WEST TEXAS:
    Travel east on Interstate 20 toward Dallas-Fort Worth until you reach the exit for DFW Airport (State Highway 360 north). Travel north on 360 for approximately six miles and take the Interstate 30 (Six Flags) exit, on your right. Follow signs to the park.

FROM EAST TEXAS AND SHREVEPORT, LA AREA:

FROM HUNTSVILLE/HOUSTON AREA:
    Travel north on Interstate 45 until you reach Interstate 20. Travel west on Interstate 20 toward Dallas-Fort Worth until you reach the exit for DFW Airport (State Highway 360 north). Travel north on 360 for approximately six miles and take the Interstate 30 (Six Flags) exit, on your right. Follow signs to the park.

FROM WACO/AUSTIN/SAN ANTONIO AREA:
    Travel north on Interstate 35. When you get to the city of Hillsboro, I-35 will split. Take I-35W north until you reach Interstate 20. Travel east on Interstate 20 toward Dallas-Fort Worth until you reach the exit for D/FW Airport (State Highway 360 north). Travel north on 360 for approximately six miles and take the Interstate 30 (Six Flags) exit, on your right. Follow signs to the park.

FROM OKLAHOMA CITY AREA:
    Travel south on Interstate 35. When you get to the city of Denton, I-35 will split -- take I-35W south. Travel south on I-35W until you get to Interstate 30. Take I-30 east toward Dallas until you get to exit #28 (Six Flags). Follow signs to the park.

The Texas Giant

by keeweechic Updated Apr 5, 2004

The Texas Giant is a legend and was named #1 wooden rollercoaster in the world (I'm not sure it is still #1). This is just an amazing mass of criss-crossing timbers which twists and soars and plunges. It reaches a top speed of 62pmp and rises to a height of 143ft but the length of this giant is 4,920ft in all.

By the end of the day I was exhausted and gave this one a miss until next time, but I believe it shakes you around and is not one of the most smoothest rides - still it is a legend and shouldn't be missed.

I forgot to get a photo inside the park and the only angle to get even part of it was from a service road - not a great foreground (travelogue) so again this is with credit to Joe Schwarz at joyride.com..

Six Flags over Texas

by keeweechic Updated Jul 24, 2003

The park was celebrating its 40th anniversary (May 2001). It is set on over 200 acres. Aside from the rides there are stunt shows and musical reviews and a puppet theatre. After all the wonderful weather we had had, the day we went to Six Flags was grey and bleak, windy and amazingly cold after previously experiencing 32C temps. It certainly put a damper on the day and because of the winds, some of the rides were closed and of course the photos didn't turn out that spectacular.

Wildcatter

by keeweechic Updated Sep 5, 2003

This ride shoots you 10 storeys straight up in the air then pushes you over the edge, plummeting you straightdown in kind of a freefall.

Some of our group did this ride but I had just had a large cup of hot chocolate to warm up and didn’t wish to see it surface again.

The Oil Derrick

by keeweechic Updated Mar 7, 2004

This is the landmark at Six Flags and probably for Arlington as well. You can ride to the top and get an overall view of not only the park but skylines of Dallas and Ft Worth. It was closed due to the windy conditions when we were there - pity, as I really wanted to go up it. Next time.

Batman The Ride

by keeweechic Updated Jul 24, 2003

Batman The Ride is an innovative supercoaster which reaches heights of just over 109ft and speeds of 50mph. First you are taken through Gotham City with ornate scuptures and nature sounds then into Gotham City Park with all the noise of street sounds and chaos and finally into the Batman cave and into your seat.

Then its off, suspended in a weightless sensation, you are taken through six inversions and corkscrew spirals with a ‘zero gravity heartline spin’.

Mr Freeze

by keeweechic Updated Mar 7, 2004

Mr Freeze was a ride and a half. This is the tallest and fastest coaster in the southwest. You are launched from 0 to 70mph in less than 4 seconds. It shoots you vertically up 242 ft and drops you down backwards, shooting you back through to where you started. You are left wondering what the hell struck you. I came off looking like I had been through a hedge backwards. The ride is supposedly Mr Freeze's revenge on Gotham City.

Runaway Mountain

by keeweechic Updated Jul 24, 2003

Runaway Mountain is pretty cool as its all in the dark. Not quite the standard of Space Mountain at Disneyland but pretty wild and intense anyway.

There is a 65ft mountain which you are unprepared for as you shoot around at 40mph.

Dive Bomber Alley

by keeweechic Updated Jul 24, 2003

We stood and watched wondering what was going to happen. Two guys got strapped into harnesses, and hoisted backwards up in the air. All of a sudden, they were released to soar into a 150ft drop at high speeds.

We were standing across from this attraction and suddenly they came catapulting over our heads before being shot backwards again to do it all again. This attraction had an additional cost.

The Titan

by keeweechic Updated Mar 7, 2004

The Titan is the parks latest ride to open in 2001. It features one of the world's biggest drops from 255 ft up at hyper speeds of 85 miles an hour. It was the last one we did as it had been closed most of the day due to wind but it was certainly one of the smoothest rides of the day. The ride takes 3 minutes of plunges, a 120ft tunnel of total darkness, a series of camel back hills, huge spiral curves and high speed helixes.

Shock Wave

by keeweechic Updated Mar 7, 2004

Shock Wave was the first ride we did. It was the world's first rollercoaster with back to back vertical loops.

I didn't take a photo for this ride and so credit goes to Joe Schwarz at joyrides.com..

• Eco-Tourism

• six flags/ three nags!!

by adana05 Written Jan 24, 2006

I say three nags because I have three children. My 7 yr. old girl("mom,look! im tall enough to ride!Im not a baby!!)My 5 yr. old boy("mom,im ALMOST tall enough! I AM NOT riding that little ride!!)And then of course theyre is my 25 yr. old boy(my husband)!!who swears every time we go back will be w/out the kids because he never gets to ride what he wants to ride!Me,well lets just say this..i am in no way a thrill seeker.Being on the interstate in Dallas is plenty enough excitement for me!!So what I recommend to people like us is this..LOTS of quarters.My kids love playin. games so next month when we go back,im takin them to the arcade while dear old dad rides ALL the big rides(by his self,of course)maybe ill let my(grown)little girl go ona few,and hopefully my boys grown just another inch since the last time.And maybe just maybe I can have a nag free day!!!!! tip..take a back pack in w/you &include bttld. water. this helps carry prizes,drinks,etc.. another tip..i make my kids wear their team shirts that have their names on the back. easy spotting just in case!!

Superman Tower of Power

by keeweechic Written Mar 7, 2004

The latest ride added in 2003 was the Superman Tower of Power which stands at 325ft and takes riders straight up, dangling them to take in the view before a free fall shunt back to the ground. Top speed is 45mph. The ride is based on the legendary DC Comic Super Hero Superman.

• Kodi01's Profile Photo

6 Flags over Texas Amusement park

by Kodi01 Updated Dec 7, 2003
    Sylvestor and me

This is Six Flags over Texas Amusement Park. It has something for everyone of any age. Roller coasters, water rides, trains, bumper cars and the TALLEST ride in the world is Superman ride.

Ok, I am not shy at all. But it looks like this putty cat has got me covered. ;o)

• Kodi01's Profile Photo

The Simulator ride - much like VT

by Kodi01 Written Dec 7, 2003
    Simulator ride

Have you ever drove an Air force plane like this one?

I haven't, but this simulator ride takes you over mountains, valleys and the Grand Canyon and Hawaii. It is soooooooo real, you would think that you were the pilot.

I LOVE THIS RIDE!!!!!!!!!

It changes every year also, which makes it fun to experience different things, this year it was the Childrens toy world, riding a roller coaster, bumping into doors, dinosaurs, etc.

Instant Answers: Arlington

Comments

Hotels Near Six Flags
4.0 out of 5 stars