Music, Austin

Know about this? Rate It!

Stevie Ray Vaughn (by Ralph Roehming)
    by GUYON
    Toni Price
    by asgottl
    Bob Schneider
    by Sunshine64
  • GUYON's Profile Photo

Stevie Ray Vaughn (1954-1990)

by GUYON Written Apr 24, 2005

Stevie Ray Vaughn (by Ralph Roehming)

Favorite thing: He is considered as the best world guitar player. In France, at the same date, the world best guitar player was Sacha Distel.
    He contributed to make Austin the World capital of the livemusic.
    He died young in an aircrash.
    We bought some records of his music because he is not known in France.

Fondest memory: His statue is in the South Side of Town Lake, adjacent to Auditorium Shores.

• bottleofdoom's Profile Photo

Go to the SXSW Music...

by bottleofdoom Updated Sep 7, 2002

Favorite thing: Go to the SXSW Music Conference. I had the best time of my life & it actually changed
    my life forever. I saw so many great bands & right up close...making the experience
    much more personal & intimate.

Fondest memory: Seeing Patti Smith for the first time at the free concert in Waterloo Park. It was
    a transcendental experience!! Also, my favorite rock club, The Red Eyed Fly. I saw
    the best rock bands here & of course, Emo's.

• austin is a wonderfull place...

by talamasca Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: austin is a wonderfull place for me, because I love the live music and there we can listen all the blues.
    In this place is the Stevie Ray Vaughan memorial and I'm SRV's fan. We can met fantastic pleople in our trip.

Fondest memory: the picture that we take in the SRVĀ“s memorial. Austin city limits studios and the shows in momo's and babe's.

• AHSIMON's Profile Photo

Jerry Jeff

by AHSIMON Written May 13, 2005

Favorite thing: Jerry Jeff Walker moved to Austin in the 70's and is now a long time resident. If you do nothing else while in texas, make sure you catch a JJW show - you'll remember it forever.

• asgottl's Profile Photo

Live Music Capital

by asgottl Updated Apr 28, 2003

Toni Price

Favorite thing: Regardless of your taste in music, I guarantee Austin has a band that you'll love. Any day of the week, you can see live music ranging from Hip-Hop, Reggae, Acoustic, Rock, etc....

• Sunshine64's Profile Photo

Go See Bob

by Sunshine64 Written Aug 25, 2002

Bob Schneider

Fondest memory: Antone's, New Year's Eve 2001: Seeing Bob Schneider perform. He just may be the most amazing and talented musician I have seen in my life!

Instant Answers: Austin

Comments

Other Favorites in Austin