Stubb, Austin

by KarenNClark
  • apbeaches's Profile Photo

Stubbs: BBQ

by apbeaches Written Apr 26, 2014

Fast friendly & attentive service. Delicious bbq, meat fell off the bone. Pecan pie was very impressive too. Bought lots of rubs and sauces to bring home.
    People all around us were eating the $20 all you can eat BBQ. The endless piles of meat that came out were incredible.

Favorite Dish: Ribs, brisket, pecan pie

• hope6481's Profile Photo

Stubbs: Good Barbque

by hope6481 Written Mar 21, 2008

Texas Barbque. That all I can say. And there's no better barbque than what you find in Texas. Everything is how I would expect it. Not one complain about it. If you want true Texas Barbque this is the place to go. If your lucky you can even catch a show too. Live music plays here most night. On Sunday there's a gospel brunch.

Favorite Dish: Hard to say, its all good.

• Struck67's Profile Photo

Stubb: So much fun!!!!

by Struck67 Written Jun 18, 2007

I loved this place, We met up with family who live in Austin and went for Sunday Brunch~ before you know it I was up on the stage singing with the band. We had so much fun!! The food was Awesome, YUM!! And the staff was great .. If you are looking for a great place to go eat . I recommened this one.

Favorite Dish: The BBQ!!! It was awesome.. It was STUBBS

• Religious Travel

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

Stubb's: An Austin Barbecue Tradition

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Feb 12, 2007

Love + Music + BBQ = Stubbs

Mark (ATXtraveler) and I took a break from our day of touring Austin to have lunch at Stubbs - an Austin tradition. The place is very laid back and is locally famous for its outstanding Texas barbecue. It was crowded on the day we were there, as I imagine it is most of the time.

Stubbs isn't too impressive from the outside, but it does have a lot of character. Inside the place was bustling and the food very robust and tasty, which keeps folks coming back for more.

I'd like to return to Stubbs sometime in the evening when they have live music - every night. On Sunday they feature a Gospel Brunch with Holy Rock-n-Rollin'.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the Bar-B-Q sandwich - some of the best to be found in all of Texas.

• yoyosh's Profile Photo

Stubb's: A Great BBQ Spot in Downtown Austin

by yoyosh Written Jan 3, 2007

The first restaurant we hit in Austin was Stubbs (you'll recognize Stubb's face as his BBQ sauce, etc is sold in every grocery store in America). Its a great spot thats very walkable from most downtown Austin hotels. It's a little dark, and definately gives the vibe of a "down home" southern establishment. The portions are quite large, we had a lot of leftovers. The sides are awesome, definately check out the spinach-cheese thing.

The brisket I tried was a little dry for my liking, but the BBQ chicken was some of the best I've ever had. The wait staff was friendly even though they were super busy.

In my opinion Salt Lick has better BBQ, but Stubb's has them beat on a few things. Stubb's is an easy to get to location, has amazing sides, and HAS A LIQUOR LISCENCE!!

Favorite Dish: BBQ Chicken. You can tell it's slow cooked. Very smokey tasting and just plain fantastic.

All of the sides we ordered were great as well.

• Business Travel

• SinKitty's Profile Photo

STUBB'S BBQ. This is THE best...

by SinKitty Written Aug 25, 2002

STUBB'S BBQ. This is THE best BBQ in Texas. I miss Stubbs the most.
    Stubbs is a restaurant, a bar, and a live music venue all put together. The atmosphere there is very laid back and casual. They have a huge outdoor area where the bigger touring acts play, and you can occasionally see Mrs. Stubblefield selling sausage wraps. Mrs. Stubblefield is the widow of the late Mr. Stubblefield (Stubb's).

Favorite Dish: Chopped Beef sandwich, fries, and the yams which are heavily sweetened with brown sugar.

• Stubb's Bar-B-Q: Stubb's Bar-B-Q

by KarenNClark Written Aug 24, 2002

Stubb's offers great live music outside as well as quieter tables inside. The most impressive part of our evening was receiving the bill at the end of dinner. Our huge meals, plus an obscene amount of alcohol, ended up being less than $20 a head. Even with our group of 30, the restaurant could not have been more helpful.

Favorite Dish: Everything is great; the fried okra is a must for those of you not familiar with this Texas side dish.

Instant Answers: Austin

Comments

Hotels Near Stubb
4.0 out of 5 stars