The first Bedford area school met in a log building during the early 1860's. After the Civil War, classes were held in a frame structure at Spring Garden, north of the present location. After burning down in the early 1880's, Milton Moore (1828-1914) deeded land here for construction of "Bedford College", an elementary and high school academy. In 1893 it was destroyed be fire and local citizens raised funds for the "new" elementary school. It was replaced by this 2-story brick schoolhouse in 1908 and dedicated on 24 July 1915. The school joined with the Hurst-Euless school district in 1958. The building was used until 1969. It is now a museum.
The public library has been through alot. Across the street from the city hall offices, it has seen better days. Because Bedford city government thinks landscaping streets is more important than public services, the library is not open all the time. If you decide to go, better call ahead to make sure it is open.
This city park has a recreation facility, a pool, a park with even a lake that is stocked every year with trout. People actually fish and take home their catch. Nice park for a walk, picnic, sports.