Combined Suggestions, Dallas

Know about this? Rate It!

• Combined Suggestions
    by keeweechic
  • Mighty's Profile Photo

Dallas is home

by Mighty Updated Aug 19, 2007

Favorite thing: What is my favorite thing about Dallas? Dallas is home. The place that is for me the crossroads of the world and I am never lost and never far from the ones that I love. Dallas has more mirror glass buildings than any other city on earth, and (I'm told) more restaurants per capita than any other city on earth. In other words, my friends, we party. Most of us will say hello and strike up a conversation with you for no other reason than just that you're there. We open doors for each other, we LOVE to feed people and make people happy... and be happy.

Don't get me wrong, Dallas has it's social issues, so continuing racial problems, and a silly amount of regard for the wild behavior of the new money... but what the hell, they CAN be a lot of fun.

Fondest memory: When I was small, my family and I took the train, I want to say to Waco where my grandparents lived, but I'm really not sure. Anyway, I was small, maybe 5, and I wandered off. I wandered up the train and down the train, and spent hours talking to all the people, saying hello and introducing myself getting them to introduce themselves to me and asking questions about the scenes going by outside of the windows. Hundreds of strangers, everyone of them kind to a stranger's child. My mother used to say that when we got off the train, every window of every car had someone come to wave and say goodbye. Wave to the little girl... (probably with a healthy amount of "thank god! she's leaving")

Texas, means friendly people. I've met a lot of friendly people in the world, and from other places in the world here. But in Texas, friendly is something you can feel free to expect.

P.S. - I hate cameras, you'll probably never get pictures

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Dallas - A Business City

by keeweechic Updated Aug 30, 2004

Favorite thing: Dallas is very much a business city, not really a tourist destination and I wouldn't make a special trip there for sightseeing. If you do find yourself there, go to the Visitors Information Centre in the Old Red Courthouse and get yourself a map. Close by there are a few attractions like where JFK was assassinated, his memorial and Pioneer Plaza. Reunion Tower is also close by.

There are a lot of wonderful Museums and Galleries, but the downtown area is all about architecture and design. If you have the time, head out of Dallas to East Texas where there are more trees and a slightly cooler climate in Summer, its much prettier, or further south into the Hill Country. Fort Worth is also a great side trip for not only the cultural attractions but the feel of the West.

• Eco-Tourism

• carolinarose's Profile Photo

When you visit Dallas, you...

by carolinarose Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: When you visit Dallas, you must try the best bar-b-que in all of Dallas at Red Bryan's. Also, the best italian restaurant I've ever eaten at called Two Guys from Italy. Reunion Arena is an excellent concert hall. There's so many different restaurants to mention (The Pelican is excellent). Grapevine Lake is a nice place to take your family swimmin. Ft.Worth and a lot of surrounding cities are cool too.

Fondest memory: Meeting new people in the pubs. Had a lot of fun mingling and dancing. There's so many places to go check out that you really can't get bored. I miss the beautiful city at sunset. The buildings in downtown Dallas are beautiful. They look like sparkling gold during the sunset.

• PorscheGirl's Profile Photo

Buy a Mapsco. It is a detailed...

by PorscheGirl Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Buy a Mapsco. It is a detailed map of all the streets in the area. Dallas is famous for confusing streets and exits.

Also take time to visit downtown. It is full of little surprises. There is an underground mall, water art, trollys from the West End Market Place to McKenny Ave., and so much more.

Fondest memory: I miss the excitement of the big city and the variety of activities available all in one town.

• judyaf's Profile Photo

See the city at night with...

by judyaf Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: See the city at night with it's outlined skyscrappers and visit the 'The West End' for the best food and entertainment in town. Then if you want to get a taste of the old west, drive on over to Ft. Worth to the 'Stockyards', lots of fun.

Fondest memory: just moved here two years ago and love the people who live here. Just so darned friendly! Drive on out into the countryside and watch for longhorns and buffalo grazing along with the herds of cattle and amongst the horse ranches.

Instant Answers: Dallas