Dallas VT Meeting, Dallas

Know about this? Rate It!

• "Hey...who's that GORGEOUS...
    by Geisha_Girl
    Scoping out the GETAWAY car!
    by Geisha_Girl
  • I left my HEART and a COFFEE MUG in San Francisco!
    I left my HEART and a COFFEE MUG in San...

How to make the SHORTEST VT MEETING EVER a success

by Geisha_Girl Written May 30, 2003

Scoping out the GETAWAY car!

Favorite thing: You've got 2 hours at the airport and a group of *virtual friends* to meet in the REAL world.

How do you make sure not a minute is wasted during this 2 hour layover?

First, it helps to have your plane arrive on time.

Then you must make sure you strategically plan out your area of pick-up with your WELCOME WAGON. Note that if your flight is delayed, it's best to know the make and model of the vehicle that is picking you up.....then RUN don't WALK ! If the vehicle is still moving upon your arrival.......make use of those Airboxing classes and LEAP into the backseat!!!

(Be sure to steer clear of any oncoming traffic though..........you wouldn't want to re-enact what happened to me at Washington Dulles!)

The Accomplices!

Erica and Jim: The Designated DRIVER and DRINKER

Favorite thing: Next tip: Make sure your GETAWAY car is driven and navigated by 2 intelligent people who can "Get you to the bar on time!"

Before my arrival into DFW, Jim35 made sure he scoped out the closest location to the airport where we can meet. He also went "above and beyond" the call of duty by calling the bar to ensure they served LEMON-DROPS. All bases were covered thanks to Jim's strategic planning!

Having a friend like Erica as "Designated Driver" ensured we made it to our destination in a timely fashion...............it also helped Jim35 squeeze in a few extra glasses of JD and coke since he didn't have to drive his drunken self home!

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo

You must come BEARING GIFTS!

*Newbie* Gina says:

Favorite thing: To add more *spice* to any VT Meeting, it's always great to bring GIFTS to your friends at their destination.

The SHORTEST VT MEETING EVER was no exception.

As I was dashing though the corridors of the Oakland International airport, I realized that I had only 15 min. before I had to board my plane. It was so early in the morning and most of the shops were not open yet.

Oh what's a GEISHA to do in this case? I MUST bring something to these friendly Texans who were coming out to meet!

Luckily, there was a Go-Go Gift Cart right next to my gate. Without giving it a second thought, and with quick "hand and eye coordination" I grabbed the first items I could reach. These are the results of my "cheesy" gifts to the friendly Texans:

Fondest memory: Gina (geanster) LOVED her San Francisco Cable Car key chain! I realized after I gave it to her that it actually had a pull-string that gave the key chain the actual "effects" of a moving cable car.

It was such an "ingenius gift" and I didn't even know it !!

Kathy (Kodi01) also had the same idea of "bearing gifts" and gave the ladies a lovely compact mirror from her Mary Kay supply.

Perfect gift for all of us "VAIN VTers!" ;-)

Remnants of Yesteryear

by Geisha_Girl Written May 30, 2003

I left my HEART and a COFFEE MUG in San Francisco!

Favorite thing: Kathy (Kodi01) used to live in the San Francisco area, so I wasn't sure what I could possibly give her. Then in a flash I thought, "Hmmm.....a mug might be good to go with that coffee!"

If ya'll ever met Kathy, you'd know she's a BALL of ENERGY! Surely, caffeine might be involved with that! (or is all that ENERGY au natural my dear?)

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo

Gift have been given, postcards have been signed..

by Geisha_Girl Written May 30, 2003

CHEERS to a very successful SHORTEST VT MEETING!

Favorite thing: What Next??

Time check was 15 minutes prior to when I had to head out the door for my "2 minute" ride back to the airport to catch my outgoing flight to NYC.

Jim quickly ordered our LAST round of Lemon-Drops for the road!

Bottoms up ya'll !!!! *hiccup*

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo

Heyyyy!! What's HE doing here???

Urban Cowboy

Favorite thing: Ooooops, sorry......got the pics mixed up.

Actually...this Manhattan BOOMERANG BOY would fit in pretty well (and sit there and look pretty) behind the bar at the Hyatt Regency DFW, eh ladies????

Add a cowboy hat and some spurs...and VOILA! Instant Bootscootin' Boomerang Boy!

Instant Answers: Dallas