Related Dallas Favorites Tips

Most Viewed Favorites in Dallas

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Admiral's Club Terminal A

by cjg1 Updated Jan 10, 2011

Favorite thing: When I fly I am thankful that I can enjoy the benefits of the Admiral's Club. Status on AA allows me access to the lounges for International Flights but now I have domestic flight acess as well. My wife bought me an Admiral's Club Membership as one of my Christmas gifts.

The Admirals' Club provides snacks such as fruit, cookies, crackers, pretzels and assorted beverages at no charge. There is a charge for premium alcoholic drinks and food items from the menu. They also have showers avaialble if you are in need of a pre or post flight shower after a long international flight.

We recently used the Admirals' Club in Terminal A. Personally I prefer the one in Terminal D; it is larger and brighter in appearance.

Checking my mail

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Admiral's Club Terminal D

by cjg1 Updated Jan 10, 2011

The Admiral's Club in Terminal D at DFW is one of my favorite clubs in the Airport. I like the large windows looking out on the runway; so I can watch takeoffs and landings.

The staff at the Admiral's Club our quite helpful especially Nancy who recently helped us after our flight cancelled due to mechanical issues.

Liz & I enjoying the Admiral's Club (January 2011) Liz relaxing with her Blue Moon My Miller Lite and Liz's Blue Moon Watching the planes take off Ready to fly

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Admirals' Club at Dallas/Ft. Worth International

by Gypsystravels Updated Feb 3, 2009

Favorite thing: American Airlines has a fantastic lounge here in Dallas (they actually have 4), which is their hub city. For those individuals that either hold Platinum or Executive Platinum (like I do) can be guests to the Admiral's Club for free. You can bring along a guest at no additional charge.

If you don't hold status with American Airlines but are flying with them, you can purchase a day pass for $50.

In Dallas AA has Admiral Lounges in Terminals A, B, C and D. I've only visited the Admiral's lounge in terminal D, but the agent at the desk who greeted me this last trip suggested I take a look at the Admiral's Lounge in Terminal B, which she claims is quite nice.

The D Lounge is equipped with Showers, free internet service as well as free Wi-Fi, snacks like assorted trail mixes, cookies, carrot and celebry sticks, coffee, tea, water and upon your entrance to the lounge you are given one free drink ticket. The lounge also sells an assortment of quick meals like sandwiches and wraps and a variety of drinks including mixed drinks and wines.

Fondest memory: I enjoy spending the few hours between my international flights, which is the only time I actually connect through Dallas with a few hours between connections. I like that I can catch up with last minute emails, calls and reading. I also like having a glass of wine and watching the latest news on the large flat screen t'v's.

There are separate areas for smokers, children and quite rooms, you can also enjoy some time in the music room.

Check out the link below for more information about American Airline Admiral's Club

Me and Miriam getting ready for our flight Miriam catching up on her emails

ALL SPORTS CENTER--SMU

by VeronicaG Updated Dec 14, 2007

Favorite thing: The Paul B. Lloyd, Jr. All Sports Center and the Gerald J. Ford Stadium, designed by Ellerbe Becket, were added to the University in 2000, and are in fact, attached to each other.

The All Sports Center houses offices for the football, track and field and soccer teams. A weight room is located on the lower level and the building also contains a learning center where University students can be tutored.

Included within the center is Heritage Hall, consigned to hold important "treasures" such as trophies and artifacts from the various sports.

Ford Stadium is home to the MUSTANGS (picture #2)! It was named for a bank executive who attended SMU in the l960's and who graciously donated millions towards its construction. It has a horseshoe-shaped bowl, whose open end faces Mockingbird lane. The playing field is actually 24 feet below ground level and has 24 rows above ground and 24 rows below. This allows the surrounding walls to be only 35-40 feet tall, which doesn't impose on the campus environment.

The stadium's student section holds 4500 people, but the entire footprint can be expanded to eventually hold 45,000. There are 240 preferred club-level seats and 23 luxury suites which can seat 240 additional spectators. The press box can hold up to 125 media reps. Over 100 monitors televise the action!

For an up-to-date Mustang's schedule see: www. smumustangs.cstv.com.

Paul Lloyd Jr. All Sports Center
    • Seniors
    • Singles
    • Women's Travel

Southern Methodist University--A Tour

by VeronicaG Updated Dec 14, 2007

Favorite thing: On a beautiful Fall afternoon, we drove through Southern Methodist University, located in University Park, a residential neighborhood north of downtown Dallas. The treelined campus certainly made our tour an enjoyable one (picture #4).

The University was founded in 1911 and is affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Southern Methodist U. has an enrollment of nearly 11,000 students coming from all 50 states, including the District of Columbia; International students represent 86 countries.

The University offers the following schools:

Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences (pictured)

Meadows School of the Arts (picture #2)

Cox School of Business

School of Engineering

Dedman School of Law

Perkins School of Theology (picture #3)

School of Education and Human Development

FYI: There are ten libraries at the University, the most prominent being the Fondren Libary, Bridwell Library, Underwood Law Library and DeGolyer Library.

Dallas Hall-Dedman College of Humanities Algur H. Meadows School of Arts Perkins Chapel
    • Seniors
    • Singles
    • Women's Travel

Meadows Museum--SMU

by VeronicaG Updated Dec 14, 2007

Favorite thing: The Meadows Museum is part of Southern Methodist University's School of Art and was established in 1965. The galleries and collection of Spanish Art were a gift to the University by Algur H. Meadows, a Dallas businessman and founder of General American Oil Company of Texas.

This striking structure is designed in the neo-Palladian style. I was impressed to learn that the museum's collection of Spanish art is one of the largest outside of Spain. Some of the masterpieces are painted by Picasso, Valazquez, El Greco, Miro, Goya, Murillo and Ribera.

Renaissance altarpieces, wood sculptures, medieval art, Baroque and Impressionist pieces and sculptures by major twentieth century masters are also housed here.

FYI: Meadows Museum is located at 5900 Bishop Boulevard, three blocks west of Mockingbird Station and off North Central Expressway.

Hours are Tues.-Sat. 10am-5pm; Thurs. until 8pm; Sun. 12 noon-5pm. Closed Mondays, Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Day, New Year's Day. Admission is $8 per person, but kids under 12 are free; there is no charge after 5 pm on Thursdays.

Meadows Museum
    • Museum Visits

• A fun city

by kingbk Written May 11, 2007

Favorite thing: Dallas is a fun city. There really is a lot to do. However, it's probably a better city to live in than visit. It's warm climate, booming business market, low cost of living and arrary of attractions bring newcomers every year.

Fondest memory: My four years living here. I really liked it.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Red Bellied Woodpecker - ATXtraveler's Bird Guide

by ATXtraveler Written Mar 4, 2007

Favorite thing: Recently, I have been enjoying a little "birding", so I am going to start including them in the general section of my travels.

In Dallas, I observed this Red-Bellied Woodpecker, a species that is common to most of America, however seems to be a little more prevalent in the southern states. The woodpecker enjoys the bark around my backyard, however I was lucky enough to catch him enjoying a little free feed off my bird feeder.

Woodpeckers have become rather famous due to a cartoon, Woody Woodpecker. Woody was famous for his laugh, and still to this day I can hear it in my head. This woodpecker was not quite as loud as Woody though!

• Birdwatching

• iris2002's Profile Photo

Easter 2006 for Kids - time for storytelling

by iris2002 Written Apr 14, 2006

Favorite thing: WHEN > EASTER SATURDAY @ 2pm
    WHERE > Barnes & Noble in Arlington

Native Americans make some damn fine storytellers.

Choctaw author and storyteller Tim Tingle has told one such tale with Crossing Bok Chitto, the story of a young Choctaw girl who befriends a family of slaves. Sure, it sounds like heavy subject matter for a kid's book, but it will make your child think, which is more than you can say for Barney. T

im Tingle visits Barnes & Noble, 3909 S. Cooper St. in Arlington, Easter Saturday at 2 p.m. to tell the story in person while accompanying himself on Native American flute and percussion. Call 817-557-1171. Sat., April 15, 2 p.m. Barnes & Noble Parks in Arlington, 3909 S Cooper St., Arlington, 817-557-1171.

dallas native indian story tellers

• twojazztravelers's Profile Photo

Best Radio Station

by twojazztravelers Written Jan 3, 2005

Favorite thing: My favorite thing about Dallas is having access to a great jazz station KNTU 88.1. The station is based out of the University of North Texas - one of the best music schools in the United States. Check it out if you like Lester Young, Mingus Big Band, Marian McPartland, etc. Well worth your listening. At some points during the weekend they play Tejano music. But never fear the jazz returns

Fondest memory: The website is
    www.kntu.unt.edu/

you should be able to listen to online streaming as well.

Happy Listenings!!!

• Music

• Kodi01's Profile Photo

Horse racing at Lone Star Park

by Kodi01 Written Mar 1, 2003

Favorite thing: Lone Star Park has thorobred horse racing and it is located in the city of Grand Prarie not too far from Dallas.

Fondest memory: Watching and feeling the ground shake under my feet as I was at the finishing line for the Quarter horse races.

My fondest memory was losing my money, just like in Las Vegas. But, it is very much fun.

Dallas Hotels

Latest: Jul 19, 2014
The Westin City Center
Latest: Jul 13, 2014

Instant Answers: Dallas

Comments

Dallas Favorites

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Dallas locals.
Map of Dallas