Gloria's, Dallas

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Gloria's: A Taste of El Salvadorean Cuisine

by ATXtraveler Updated Apr 4, 2011

Patio at Gloria's

After the Cotton Bowl Parade, the team went over to Lower Greenville for a little afternoon snack. Gloria's was our choice for a little SalvaTex, a special mixture of El Salvador and Texas cuisine.

They had traditional plantains and also yucca, but I went for the fish tacos.

Delicious and nutritious, with a very nice view.

Even in January, we were able to enjoy the outside patio!!

Favorite Dish: The fish tacos were delicious!

• geanster's Profile Photo

Gloria's: Great peach margarita's on the patio @ Gloria's.

by geanster Written Sep 16, 2003

There are a few different Gloria Locations, but the ones I've eaten at near downtown Dallas are the Greenville Ave. location and then the Lemmon location.

Both have outdoor patio's and the same menu's. Their tortilla chips come with both salsa and a black bean dip. Great food, I usually end up with chicken enchilada's, or chicken soft taco's. I once tried their plantain as a desert and it was delicious.

Favorite Dish: Gloria's Restaurant

Sun to Thurs 11:00am to 10:00pm
    Fri and Sat 11:00am to 11:30pm
    ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED

• Music

• TIAS-- good mexicanDon...

by chickensgone Written Aug 26, 2002

TIAS-- good mexican
    Don Pablo's-- good mexican
    Cozymels-- amazing margaritas and other mexican
    Napolis--- Italian
    Gloria's-- El Salvadorian
    Carribean Grill--- good food from the islands
    Prices are reasonable, dress is casual, at Caribean grill they have a band usually on fridays-saturdays.

Favorite Dish: At TIAS try their 'fried icecream' Cozymel's try their wonderful fajitas, at Napolis try their clazones, and Gloria's must try a pupusa.

• Cherie_J's Profile Photo

GLORIA'S: GLORIA'S

by Cherie_J Written Aug 25, 2002

This is one of my favorite resturants & lucky me it's minutes away from my home...Not only do I find some of my favorite foods here...but also my favorite local salsa band! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE latin dancing...and this is the perfect combination for me..however once the music starts...I can't sit in my seat...Latin's by far are the best to dance with...and it is always great to plug in a little spanish comment when they don't realize you understand what they are saying about you...(I'm fluent in Spanish...)

Favorite Dish: Plantain: A large tropical banana. This fruit is not sweet when picked; however, when cooked the heat brings about a change in the banana that sweetens it.
    9. CARNE DE RES ASADA - Charbroiled flank steak, juicy, marinated and cooked to perfection, served with our famous chile ancho sauce, black beans, Spanish rice and guacamole salad 9.95 AND MY MOST FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE THING TO DRINK IS....HORCHATA's!! DOUBLE YUMMY! In addition, Gloria's has the best salsa & black bean dip ever!!! And I know my salsa!

Instant Answers: Dallas