Landry's Seafood House, Dallas

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Landry's Seafood House: In restored West End

by VeronicaG Updated Feb 8, 2007

Landry's Seafood Restaurant

Landry's is a nationally recognized seafood restaurant that first opened its doors in 1980 in Katy, Texas. There are now over 300 restaurants and properties nationwide.

If you like seafood you'll most likely enjoy Landry's. When my mother and sister came for a visit over Thanksgiving, my husband and I took them for a spin around the West End, then toured the JFK exhibit at the 6th Floor Museum. Landry's was located conveniently near these sites, so we dropped by for a bite to eat.

On the menu you'll find all types of seafood dishes like jumbo stuffed shrimp or shrimp scampi, Alaskan King crab legs, lobster tails or crawfish etouffee, filet mignon, steak and lobster, oysters on the half shell, lemon pepper catfish fillets, fish and chips or more simpler meals like Caesar salad, shrimp or seafood gumbo.

Colorful murals overseeing your table and lush plants overflowing their containers add a touch of atmosphere. We dined in a small area that had a greenhouse feel to it. Not only was the service very good, but the food was, too.

Favorite Dish: Fish and Chips--just the right amount of crispness

• MatthewMetcalfe's Profile Photo

Landry's Seafood House: Good Seafod but the Service could be better

by MatthewMetcalfe Written Feb 25, 2005
    The Bar at Landry's

On a recent trip to Dallas, we ate at Landry's Seafood in the west end. It's a busy restaurant in a renovated building. They have a good sized bar and lots of tables.

Because it's located in the West End, I'm sure it sees a lot of travel. Unfortunately the wait staff did not seem to be able to keep up with demand. It took quite some time for the food to arrive and service was spotty.

Favorite Dish: When the Food did arrive though, it was good. Landry's had an excellent selection of fish.

One coworker opted for a Cajun Catfish which he said was excellent.

Another had the Chilean Sea Bass and thought it was great too. I didn't think they were serving Chilean Sea Bass due to it's declining population but there it was.

I opted for the Alaskan King Crab. 1.5 pounds of Crab and it was fantastic.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Landry's Seafood: Seafood

by Bwana_Brown Updated Jul 15, 2003

Two nights after we went to Sonny's, we decided to enjoy some seafood. We had seen Landry's on our previous excursions to the West End so decided to give it a try. We found it to be more upscale in both decor and price than our earlier BBQ Pork meal, but still well worth a sit-down! Our waiter was a very friendly fellow with whom we had a great conversation - it was not all that busy so he seemed to have time to spare!

Favorite Dish: Both my Red Snapper (with spicy blackened sauce) and my wife's Mahi Mahi meals were excellent. They served a great selection of crunchy vegetables and rice with the fish - resulting in an eating experience that more than met our expectations! Both meals were so good that I would have to declare a draw! The prices quoted for both places include drinks and a tip.

Instant Answers: Dallas

Comments

Hotels Near Landry's Seafood House
3.5 out of 5 stars