Places to eat in Dallas

Most Viewed Restaurants in Dallas

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Bellini's: Italian in Dallas

by VeronicaG Updated Feb 8, 2007

Bellinis Italian Cafe is an unassuming little restaurant where we were invited for dinner on a Sunday evening. Old world decor and capable service made our evening a pleasant one spent in the company of friends and nice atmosphere.

I ordered a delectable Herb Crusted Breast of Chicken with garlic potatoes and carrots accompanying the meal. My husband and I shared a Caesar salad, which was light on the dressing...just perfect. Wine with our meal completed our dinner. We were too full to choose one of their great looking desserts.

Sample entrees from the menu are Shrimp Provencal, Crab Cakes, Veal Marsala and Pizza.

Favorite Dish: Herb crusted chicken breast--so wonderful!

• saraheg77's Profile Photo

Magic Time Machine: Fun Eating Experience!!

by saraheg77 Updated Jul 29, 2004

This restaurant provides a unique dining experience. All the waiters and waitresses are dressed up as some sort of fictional character.

They specialize in birthday celebrations and have the following packages:

#1 - one chocolate cake serving 6-8 people.

#2 - add to #1 a party hat, party blow out, Magic Time Machine souvenir cup and two helium balloons.

Favorite Dish: The menu includes prime rib, steaks, seafood, chicken, pork, & a few other things. Click on the link for the entire menu and prices.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Spaghetti Warehouse: Family Eating in Downtown West End

by ATXtraveler Written Jan 1, 2005

One of the major problems historically with my visits to the West End is the madness called "Eating Dinner". Since there are 7 million people eating there annually, and I always end up there when 2 or 3 million of them are there (ok, its a little exageration)...there always seems to be a huge waiting list.

We had a group of 15, so I did not expect much in the lines of catering to our needs, but I have to admit, the Warehouse handled us nicely. We had a great waiter, and the food was affordable.

Favorite Dish: I had the spaghetti with meat sauce, which was very good.

A few people in my group had dessert, and the brownie sundae and chocolate cake were both huge and delicious. Do not order more than one dessert per 2/3 people!!

• Astrobuck's Profile Photo

Antares: Dining over Dallas

by Astrobuck Written Nov 6, 2004

This restaurant is located in Reunion Tower in downtown Dallas, Texas. When the host / hostess seats you, if you watch closely, you will see that you are in fact...MOVING! It takes one hour to go completely around, and you can enjoy the Dallas skyline while dining.

Favorite Dish: It's been a while since I ate there...the experience is better than the food.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

The Dome in Reunion Tower: Every 55 Minutes

by grandmaR Updated Sep 20, 2004

We intended to eat at lunch at the top of Reunion Tower at Antares which is the full service restaurant, but there was some kind of big luncheon up there and there would be a long wait before we could get seated. So we decided to eat lunch at the Dome instead.

Antares offers lunch, dinner, and a Sunday brunch in an elegant and contemporary atmosphere. The Dome, a cocktail lounge, is located on Reunion's highest level. Beverages, food, and entertainment are offered nightly. Both Antares and The Dome are on a revolving floor and complete a revolution every 55 minutes.

Since it wasn't night time, and the lunch menu was apparently about the same for both places, we decided on the Dome, which was almost empty.

On the way down after lunch, we saw the Mayor briefly going up the elevator as we had just come down.

Favorite Dish: Bob had the Dome Burger ($7.75) which was on a toasted bun and served with potato chips. I had the Maverick Steak Sandwich (pictured) for $9.25 which was prime rib with jack cheese on sourdough bun and potato chips. Other possibilies were Grilled Chicken Caesar ($8.75) or Lone Star Chicken Sandwich ($7.75)

The desserts (all $6.95) were Chocolate Truffel Cheesecake, New York Style Cheesecake, Pecan Pie or Chocolate Chocolate Cake.

• Luxury Travel

• ara225's Profile Photo

Sushi Sake: Got Sushi??

by ara225 Written Apr 9, 2004

This is one of our favorite sushi restaurants - fresh fish and good service! Not overly pricey and good choice of rolls. Give yourself some time on weekends because the sushi bar is always full! Tables boxes are also available with Japanese seating pillows.

Favorite Dish: My favorite is the appetizer agedashi tofu - cubes of fried tofu with a tasty ginger-soy sauce. mmmm....Also excellent is the albacore tuna...

My fellow VT friend who came to visit loved the spicy tuna rolls....

My husband's favorite is the toro sashimi (fatty tuna) - very fresh...

• Rillifane's Profile Photo

Tokyo One: All the sushi you can eat!

by Rillifane Updated Dec 17, 2004

Tokyo One at 4350 Belt Line Road in Addison, a northern suburb of Dallas, serves up an all you can eat sushi buffet along with a huge variety of other Japanes favorites at an all inclusive price.

Western food, including prime rib, a full salad bar and an excellant dessert buffet are also available and included in the single price.

This has got to be one of the most fantastic food bargins around. I drive an hour and half to Dallas from my home in East Texas just to have lunch here.

Favorite Dish: The smoked eel sushi is excellant.

My favorite pizza in Dallas: Scalini's Pizza & Pasta

by geanster Written Sep 16, 2003

Scalini's is located in the Lakewood area of Dallas. It's a very small Italian restaurant that just did a little remodeling the last couple of months to offer room for more patrons. They have a good house salad with a vinegarette kind of dressing and then the most amazing pizza. Everything I've tried there is good, but the pizza is why I'm adding this tip. It's a thinner crust and in a big square shape, they bring it out on a tray, a small is big enough for at least 2 people to share. They also deliver if you're in the vicinity.

Green Papaya Cafe - Vietnamese: Green Papaya - must have chicken spring rolls

by geanster Written Sep 16, 2003

Green Papaya is a very cute and hip Vietnamese restaurant located on Oak Lawn Avenue in Dallas. My introduction was with friends picking up order's of their chicken spring rolls. They serve them with peanut sauce so specifically ask for their soy sauce if you prefer. It's great. Everything else I've tried has been delicious as well, especially a garlic chicken dish they offer.

Favorite Dish: They do accept credit cards and their hours are:
    Daily 5:00pm-10:00pm; Mon-Fri 11:00am- 3:00pm

Patty's Pantry Texas Cheesecake: A Food TV Recommendation

by BLewJay Updated May 3, 2004

I was watching a Food TV presentation in February (2004) about eateries in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area. One of the businesses they highlighted was Patty's Pantry Texas Cheesecake. The article was discussing desserts and specifically talked about the Texas Pecan Cheesecake...so since I was in the area and love cheesecake, I had to stop by.

Favorite Dish: I chose the Texas Pecan Cheesecake (graham cracker crust and pecans spread throughout) and the Chocolate Kahlua Cheesecake (graham cracker crust, dark chocolate and kahlua).

• ara225's Profile Photo

Fogo de Chao: Meat Lovers Unite!

by ara225 Updated May 4, 2004

This is a great restaurant for a special occasion - you can eat all the meat you want! This is a brazilian steakhouse (with locations across the U.S.) and it has a terrific salad bar as well! Be careful not to fill up on salad, as it's forte is definitely the meat - beef, sausage, lamb, pork - heaven for a meat lover! The waiters (called 'Gauchos') carry around skewers of meat and serve it right at your table - each diner gets a disc at his table setting - you just flip it to green if you want more meat, and flip it over if you're taking a break. They also served sides of mashed potatoes, cheese popovers & fried bananas. I wished I had four stomachs to eat more! Ambience is very nice and at the entrance you can see & smell the large cuts of meat cooking over the flames!

Favorite Dish: My favorite cuts of meat were the garlic beef & bacon-wrapped filet mignon....terrific! The cheese popovers were really great too - so light & airy and if you like fried bananas, these were the best! For dessert, our friends liked the papaya cream - the texture was like a very soft serve sorbet and they poured liqueur in it at your table. After dinner they offer you a selection of different liquers or ports. Take note though - what you don't know when all these beautiful bottles are shown to you is that each serving is extremely expensive! The Courvosier was $24!

Gator's Croc n' Roc: Good and healthy

by BLewJay Written Apr 30, 2004

Ribs, chicken, live music & no cover charge!!!

Favorite Dish: Kodi01 selected the Chicken Fajita Wrap (sliced grilled chicken breast wrapped in a flour tortilla with lettuce tomato, onion and cheese with a side of fries) while I had the Buffalo Chicken Strip Po'boy (fried spicy chicken tenders served on a hoagie bun with lettuce & tomatoes with a side of fries).

Thai Food: Chan Thai

by geanster Updated Sep 23, 2003

If you're willing to drive 20 minutes or so to the up and coming Bishop Arts District in Oak Cliff, Chan Thai is located there. It's my favorite Thai restaurant in the area. Lunch is my favorite time to dine and I believe they're not open on Sunday's.

At lunch, you get a bowl of delicious soup, and then your entree, my friend and I always order the #5, Garlic chicken, it has rice, sweet peas, mushrooms, the chicken with your choice of spicyness. It also comes with an eggroll and sauce.

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

Whataburger: Yes I know that it's fast food...but!!!

by BLewJay Updated Apr 30, 2004

It was a long day of flying from San Diego to Dallas and it was late at night...we weren't looking for anything fancy, just something to satisfy our hunger. Luckily for us, there was a Whataburger restaurant across the street from the hotel. Nothing fancy about this place, but it was something different than McDonald's and Burger King.

Favorite Dish: Hot, fresh and made to order...that's what we like from any restaurant location. LJ ordered the Whataburger Bacon & Cheese Combo (with a drink and fries) while I had the Double Meat Whataburger Combo (with drink and fries).

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

McKinney Ave. Tavern (the MAT): Pub and Grub in Downtown

by ATXtraveler Written Feb 29, 2008

During a recent trip to Dallas to enjoy a college basketball game in the American Airlines Center, we chose to grab a burger and a beer before the game. Since we were in the area, I looked up local places and found that there was one owned by an alumni of my University, so I decided to "support our own".

The McKinney Avenue Tavern is a great place to grab a bite to eat with your friends, especially if those friends are into sports. This bar had multiple big screen HDTVs all around with your favorite sport du jour. In particular, we had college football, pro football, hockey, basketball, and women's tennis on while there.

The beer served comes out cold, and there are plenty of choices. We went with a special Shiner Dark, which was not the norm in a Bud Light kind of world. It was cold and delicious, and complimented an excellent bar-b-q burger. In addtion, several of us shared a cheese fries, which was loaded with cheese, jalapenos, and other digestive tract wonders!

One nice edition here also was free wi-fi, so if you are interested in staying a while, you can write tips from your comfortable table in front of the TV.

**As of Feb. 2008, this restaurant participates in Rewards Network, so you can earn 10 miles per dollar spent.

• Beer Tasting

Extended StayAmerica Dallas / Richardson
Latest: Apr 8, 2014
Renaissance Dallas Hotel

Instant Answers: Dallas

Comments

Dallas Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Dallas locals.
Map of Dallas