Saltgrass Steakhouse, Dallas

5 out of 5 stars 5 Stars - 5 Reviews

560 West LBJ Freeway (972) 373-9944

• Saltgrass Steakhouse
    by msbrandysue
  • Fireplace on a cold night and it was xmas time!
    Fireplace on a cold night and it was...
    by msbrandysue
    What an awesome deal
    by BLewJay
  • BLewJay's Profile Photo

Saltgrass Steakhouse: Texas..."To the Bone"

by BLewJay Updated May 4, 2004

What an awesome deal

The Saltgrass Steak House recaptures the flavor of the open campfire (where millions of Longhorn roamed freely throughout Texas & grazed on the rich coastal saltgrass). The steaks, chicken, and seafood are chargrilled to perfection while the breads, soups and desserts are made fresh daily.

Favorite Dish: While LJ attended her conference, I met up with local VT'er Kodi01 for lunch. She had been singing the praises of Saltgrass, so we decided to go there for lunch. Surrounded by a southwest decor and country music, we ordered a "healthy" meal.

We started off with Shiner Bock Beer Bread and honey butter. For the lunch entree, Kodi01 had the Soup & Sandwich (half a Texas Cheesesteak Sandwich, Steak Soup & Garlic Mashed Potatoes) while I also had the Soup & Sandwich (half a Texas Cheesesteak Sandwich, Baked Potato Soup & French Fried Onions.

• Beer Tasting

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Saltgrass Steakhouse: Best Steak Around These Parts

by msbrandysue Updated Feb 1, 2009

When Saltgrass first started expanding their franchises I hated steak. Yea, yea, I wasn't even a teenager though. So I started with the kids menu and have worked myself up to the best steak in the place.

The restaurant is authentic country Texas. The decor ranges from televisions with the game on, deer heads, bear heads, license plates and other country decor. They have a full bar and eating area. The tables are covered in white linens and the waitors wear tuxedo shirts and long white aprons.

I recently went here for my birthday lunch and was surprised to have been given a black napkin and silverware. I think the waitress saw the confusion on my face and said that I was given the black one because my dress pants were black and it was to protect them. Isn't that wonderful? I thought it was very thoughtful of them.

There are many restaurants around the city. So, please, use the website and find the one nearest you. I've never been disappointed by one and I've been to quite a few around the state.

Favorite Dish: The food is delicious!! I would highly recommend the Maudene's Filet. 7oz. is more than enough for me but I believe there is a 10oz. cut as well. It comes with your choice of side (potatoes a few different ways or veggies) along with onion rings on the side. It's soooooo good!!!! When you order a steak you also get a choice of soup or salad. Both are delicious.

You get complimentary bread with fantastic tasting butter. So great.

When you order tea they bring out your own jar of tea so that you can refill your own glasses. My dad likes that.

• Kodi01's Profile Photo

Salt Grass Steak House: Salt Grass Steak house

by Kodi01 Updated May 2, 2004

Salt Grass Steak House

Saltgrass has to be my MOST Favorite restaraunt in Dallas and the surrounding areas. Texas Angus Beef!

It is nicely decorated with western gear.

Favorite Dish: Filet mignon and the two fork cheesecake topped with strawberries and white chocolate sauce is unbelievable!

Steak and shrimp is excellent also.

We tried lunch and had a Texas Cheesesteak sandwich and soup with Shiner Bock Bread. Sides of garlic mashed potatoes are my favorite.

The soups are excelllent, steak soup, tortilla soup or potatoe soup covered with cheese.

If you are looking for a light meal, this will fill you full.

• Beer Tasting

• elmcarra's Profile Photo

Saltgrass Steakhouse: Get it RARE!

by elmcarra Written Jul 26, 2004

This is one of those places you come to and before you leave, you might have to loosen the belt a bit. The steaks are normally awesome and the bread is their signature loaf made with Shiner Bach beer. Probably the best tasting dinner bread I have ever had in a steak house. They dont skip on the details. Example, sweet cream butter and a great Iced Tea. Texans are serious about their iced tea. This IS how texans really eat.

Favorite Dish: Medium rare filet with potatoes.

• oldmonk_92129's Profile Photo

Saltgrass steak house: What else but steaks in Dallas

by oldmonk_92129 Written Sep 9, 2003

They say everything is big in Dallas and this is particularly true of the portions they serve in restaurants.
    Saltgrass is an independently owned steakhouse where all the cuts are 100% certified Angus cuts.
    It has a very muted dark atmosphere inside.
    All dishes come in with a salad and two sides. So do not have any appetizers.
    Shiner is a famous Texas beer and is served in 22 oz mugs.

Favorite Dish: The maudleen Filet. 7 0z med well done.

Instant Answers: Dallas