For Bargin Hunters, Dallas

Know about this? Rate It!

• For Bargin Hunters
    by DEBBBEDB
  • geanster's Profile Photo

Metro Retro: Metro Retro - Great American Kitsch

by geanster Updated Sep 16, 2003

I absolutely love shopping at thrift stores for hip retro decor like clocks, sofa's, glasses, lunchbox's, tables, handbags, record bowls, ashtrays, lamps, etc. and somehow, they've managed to compile all of the most Fabulous finds under one roof. 50's, 60's & 70's baby!

Of course, you'll pay more than if you were to get your hands dirty scavenging through all of the thrift store's yourself, but it's definitely a great place to have a look around. It's located right beside Scalini's which offers my favorite pizza in Dallas so why not have a bite after you look through the shop.

• Singles

• takiepies's Profile Photo

the many wonderful thrift stores in dallas: Thrift Stores!

by takiepies Written Jun 23, 2003

Dallas has a number of large thrift stores. My friends and I typically shop for vintage dishes, glassware, art, furniture and jewelry. I look for old cameras. Most of them have large amounts of clothing and toys for sale as well.

Here are my favorite stores:

Garland Road Thrift - 10030 Garland Road, Dallas 75218, 214-324-1010

Catholic Charities Home Center - 9850 Kingsley Road, Dallas 75228, 214-342-8231

Value World Thrift Shop - 2223 S. Buckner Blvd, Dallas 75227, 214-275-8800

What to pay: The whole point of thrifting is to get a good price. Most of these places are pretty cheap and there is no bargaining.

• Recovery Resale: Great Donor Based Resale Store

by GreaDealsGuy Updated Dec 7, 2009

Recovery Resale is a donor based resale store in Dallas benefitting Planned Living Assistance Network (PLAN) of North Texas. This resale store has great bargains on furniture, clothing, and household items. It is open from 10:00 until 6:00 Monday thru Saturday. You’ll always find great deals, and they accept donations, too. PLAN is a non-profit, and your donations are tax-deductible. Visit the Recovery Resale website at www.RecoveryResale.org.

What to buy: Furniture, Clothing, Household Items

What to pay: Very inexpensive pre-owned clothing and merchandise

• Seniors

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Half Price Books: Cheap Books

by msbrandysue Written Dec 31, 2008

Half Price Books is a chain of used books. Some people buy here and some people sell their books here. I love this place. The books are in good quality or they don't buy them from others.

You know how so many people hunt for diamonds or gold or buried treasure in the ocean? Well, I hunt for books! I can spend hours in here on the floor looking for buried treasures of my own and no one will bug you...other than other customers trying to find those treasures before you.

I like the later hours too....
    Store Hours
    Monday - Thursday 9 a.m.- 10 p.m.
    Friday - Saturday 9 a.m.- 11 p.m.
    Sunday 10 a.m.- 8 p.m

Also, this company does a lot of literacy outreach with adult and children literacy work. They also give out free boxes of books to teachers at the beginning of the school year. I like when I'm contributing to a generous company....

There are a bunch in the area so check the website for one closer to where you are!

What to buy: Books...

Be sure to check the clearance area before purchasing other items as you might find what you're looking for cheaper.

They also have a good selection of VHS, audiobooks, and DVDs.

What to pay: Half the printed cost on the book or lower if on clearance

• For Bargin Hunters: Best Kept Secret in Dallas

by ediheart Written Feb 1, 2008

Storefront

This shop is a consignment store. And unlike most consignment stores, I really get a good feeling everytime I walk into the store. There's always a pleasant aroma of candles (which are also sold in the store), there isn't a lot of clutter or junk everywhere and the staff is very helpful & friendly. I generally try to frequent ReSell It! at least 2-3 times a week because the inventory is constantly changing. I've found so many GREAT pieces of furniture, artwork, jewelry and other household furnishings for a FRACTION of the cost I would have spent at other stores. And their stuff is good quality items! I've bought prints before specifically for the frames because the prices are so low compared to other retail shops. Also, I've found beaded jewelry that I was able to cut and create new designs with using the beads. This store is tucked away in a shopping center, so it isn't visible noticeable from the street. This is why I think its the best kept secret in Dallas and I would implore anyone looking for great values to stop in and check it out!

What to buy: ReSell It sells a variety of gently used (and sometimes new) home furnishings, home decor and jewelry. It is not at all uncommon to find a sofa for less than $200, or a complete dining set for less than $300. The pictures and prints are also a real buy, especially if all you're looking for is a frame. I'm always amazed at what I can walk out with and how little I spent.

What to pay: Expect to spend very little on items that generally would cost a fortune to buy, leaving more room for decorative little odds & ends that are unique and fun!

• Seniors
    • Singles

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Sam Moon Trading

by keeweechic Updated Dec 11, 2003

Sam Moon Trading is a place, if you can get there, should not be missed for great bargains. The company began as a wholesale business in 1984 and was know for its hot and trendy fashions and accessories. As popularity and interest grew they expanded to offer their prices to the retail trade.

What to buy: They carry fashion and upmarket leather handbags and wallets, costume jewellery, sterling silver, watches, hair accessories, scarves and hats in one shop while their shop next door (Sam Moon's Luggage & Gifts), carries brand name luggage, watches and gifts.

There is an extensive range of briefcases and all travel accessories as well as perfume and sunglasses. Their prices are unbelievable and of course this place is always packed especially at the weekend. Parking can be difficult.

Around these two stores are other very reasonably priced stores for trendy clothes, shoes, kids clothing, huge range of printed t'shirts and bedding, decor and further new stores opening.

Store hours : Mon - Sat 9.00a.m. - 6.30p.m. Closed Sundays.

• ajlavergne's Profile Photo

For Bargin Hunters: Church on every corner

by ajlavergne Updated Aug 10, 2007

Calvary Chappel Dallas

You might I was dishonest about this one, but I am serious. Dallas famed for it's shopping has churches on every corner so I guess you could say it's a good place to shop for a church. And eating? Well that is what is called 'fellowship' and what church doesnt have that! Some churches here have cafeteria's with home cooked food. One in particular has a seating area for 1000 people with a secondary cafeteria that sits 800. Dallas has the largest membership church (First Baptist Dallas) and I will wager Dallas has the largest church in the continental USA with Preston Wood Baptist church. Me I go to a little country church called Calvary Chappel Dallas (or Plano).

What to buy: Every thing is donation

What to pay: That is between you and the Lord

• Architecture
    • Religious Travel

• twojazztravelers's Profile Photo

Half Price Books: Bibliophiles R Us

by twojazztravelers Written Jan 3, 2005

Galsworthy and Galway??

Our weekend heavenly haven. Books, cds, vinyl, movies. Pure joy. A place for people who want quality books at a decent price - a true book hunters paradise. When you can pick up a $80 dollar book that someone has discarded and you purchase it for $7.89 - what more could one ask for!! The location off of NW Hwy has a little cafe in it that is pretty decent and they also have a chair massage place. If you're looking for a couple of hours to spend with your "nose in the books" then look for the Red and White Sign - Half Price Books Is Calling YOU!!!

What to buy: You can find some great travel books, cooking books, history, and music. Being the music nerd I am, recent purchases have been the Grove Dictionary of Music, Eliane Elias last cd, and a Sting concert DVD.

What to pay: Anything from US$3.99 to whenever you want to stop!!!

• School Holidays

• Always7696's Profile Photo

For Bargin Hunters: Perfumes Galore

by Always7696 Written Jul 26, 2007

It is in a new shopping center. The store is packed with many displays of various perfumes, colognes and gift sets for men, women and children. I made a specific request so I do not know the extent or quality of their selection. The salesman was efficent and knew the exact location of the cologne I requested. I was in and out in less than 5 minutes.

What to buy: I bought Candies for Men 3.4 oz bottle for $22.00. It retails for $47.50.

What to pay: I would say quite a bit lower than you normally would pay for the scent you are seeking.

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

For Bargin Hunters: Orr-Reed Wrecking Co Inc

by DEBBBEDB Written Aug 9, 2013
    Birdhouse made from Junk

The primary items at this place are architectural salvage items. Doors, windows (photo 5), mantles for fireplaces (photos 3 and 4), bathtubs, wood, flooring, etc. But they also weld together these interesting looking decorative birdhouses and lamps (photo 2). Now that people are rehabbing their houses and want the atmospheric old time touches, this would be a good place to look

What to buy: We didn't end up buying anything here as we did not have the measurments of the item we were looking for.

• Architecture

• Resell by cca the colony tx: AVOID RESELL By CCA

by ShawnG6 Written Apr 9, 2014

CCA Resell The Colony,TX AVOID (the colony,tx)
    CCA RESALE The colony,Tx- The employ C. Anderson -Told my sister that you don't have to take anything off a man and that I had talked nasty to her even though I didn't .I then told her I heard what you said and she said you where meant to she allowed a customer to cuss me out and tell me they would whip my ass Some lady she knew by name who was sticking up for her.The manager then asked us both to leave the trailer park lady who was telling me I had to listen to her ,and myself.Then the cops followed me to the gas station .to question me,and my sister. CCA is North Texas worst resell shop ever .Don't Buy there trash.

What to pay: To much for trash.

Instant Answers: Dallas