Six Flags, Dallas

2201 Road to Six Flags, Arlington 817-530-6000

• Some of the attractions in Six Flags over Texas
    Some of the attractions in Six Flags...
    by mafootje
    by Kodi01
  • mafootje's Profile Photo

by mafootje Updated Jul 12, 2004
    Some of the attractions in Six Flags over Texas

Offcourse we went to Six Flags, it was one of the three parks we visited during our trip. Unfortunality it was the most wet visit to till know. It rained a lot that day so the park didn't look at its best to us. But all in all we had some fun in the rain :-). The park is actually not in Dallas but in Arlington.

But as most parks it act like it is in Dallas, this park is called Six Flags over Texas.

The park is in different sections which has names like:
    - Texas.
    - France.
    - Boomtown.
    - Goodtimes Square.
    - Mexico.

and more.

We liked the Texas Giant which is a wooden coaster. This ride opened in 1990 and is 143 feet high. The total length of the tracks is 4,920 feet and the maximum speed is around 62 mph during a 2 minute ride.

Just try it..

Picture taken June 5, 2003

• Theme Park Trips

• Mighty's Profile Photo

Six Flags Over Texas

by Mighty Updated Jun 16, 2004

This is the first Six Flags amusement park, and when I was a kid, if you spent a whole summer and never went to Six Flags, well, you did something wrong...

There's a great old wood coaster called the Judge Roy Scream, do the extra waiting to get the front car, it will scare the bejeasus right out of you when you look down and realize that you are about to start down a slightly inverted past 90 degree drop straight down in a rackety car, suspended about 10 stories off the ground by a spindly network of very fragile looking wood. I can't get enough of that coaster...

They also do holiday in the park at Christmas time... it's a nice place, everything you'd expect from an international quality theme park, without quite such crazy prices. They also have good concerts there in the summer. I remember going to go see Jesus Jones there (did I just date myself or what?). Another nice thing about them is that they accommodate people who want to bring picnics to the park. (Which if anyone in your crowd has the special diet thing going is an absolute must, because not even the healthiest of men can live by fried bread alone).

My personal preference is to go in the evening after the worst heat of the day. I find that when I'm not exhausted I can generally hit all the fun stuff between about 5 or 6 and close.

• Kodi01's Profile Photo

6 Flags Amusement Park

by Kodi01 Updated Nov 14, 2003

Six Flags

I love roller coasters and this is like Disneyland! Great fun every year as my company has the picnic here.

The newest ride is Superman- the tallest ride of its kind in the world…Superman Tower of Power™! Superman Tower of Power, based on the legendary DC Comic Super Hero Superman Tower of Power, will take the planet by storm, allowing Guests to “fly” like the Man of Steel himself! This 325 foot state-of-the-art wonder will evoke Texas-sized thrills as riders take off skyward for a breathtaking eagle eye’s view of the Dallas-Ft. Worth skyline.

• Theme Park Trips