Denison Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Denison

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Just a Quick Stop

by keeweechic Updated Jul 18, 2003

Favorite thing: Denison was a 'quick peek' stopover on our way to Pottsboro/Lake Texoma to visit friends. I had a few things I wanted to check out including Eisenhower's birth place. That in itself proved a task to try and find. It was sign posted but not necessarily clearly from the freeway. It also started to rain just as we were about to do the tour.

The next task was to find somewhere to eat - avoiding the fast food joints. One restaurant that was recommended (when we stopped to ask for directions) had just closed down and it seemed that everything else we found after that was closed. We finally stumbled across a great little find of a Chinese Restaurant.

Denison had more to offer than we managed to have time to see such as a Frontier Village (Loy Lake Park)and the TV Munson Vineyards & Viticulture Centre (now I know I would have enjoyed this). This is a street mural we saw across one of the buildings.

• Eco-Tourism

• Kodi01's Profile Photo

I lived here when I first...

by Kodi01 Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: I lived here when I first moved to Texas. Small town, but we found the big lake which cools you down in the HOT Texas summers..

Great jet skiing on Lake Texoma in the summer.

Fondest memory: My dogs love to go to the lake!

Instant Answers: Denison

Comments

Denison Favorites

Reviews and photos of Denison favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Denison sightseeing.