Denton Restaurants

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Denton County Independent Hamburger Co.: BIG JUICY BURGERS

by DEBBBEDB Updated Feb 29, 2008

Cheeseburger

We visited Denton with both sets of grandparents, and ate lunch at this place. It is basically open only for lunch 11-3. My father-in-law had been here with another one of our relatives previously, and he just loved the big burgers. He does love his food.

I think you can take it out, but we ate there. The walls are covered with old advertisements.

Favorite Dish: The Old Fashioned Hamburgers or the Broiled Chicken Breasts are $3.75 (dinner $7.50 which includes fries and a salad bar). Cheeseburgers, Chili Burgers and Hickory Burgers are $4.00 ($8.00 dinner. You can also get the salad bar or the fries by themselves.

• Study Abroad

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Loophole Courthouse Bar and Grill: Get out of Jail Free!

by ATXtraveler Written Dec 10, 2008

The square in downtown Denton has a traditional small town feel to it. Local craft shops, a movie theater, county courthouse and several small diner style restaurants mark the territory. One of these smaller restaurants here is called Loophole, named after the term of getting out of a conviction. This is an appropriately named bar, considering it faces the county courthouse.

Loophole Courthouse Bar and Grill appears to have reinvented itself as a college bar for those thirsty students studying at nearby University of North Texas. The menu has many courthouse themed items, and many of the drink specials also carry on some sort of double meaning.

I grabbed a quick bite to eat, choosing the "Conviction" which was a very ordinary chicken burger. The breast of chicken came with the choice of grilling, bbq, blackened or fried. I went with the BBQ sauce, which was tangy but nothing to write home about. You have the option of fries, mashed potatoes, or mixed vegetables, and I opted for some good old fashioned fries. These were fairly large cut potatoes, which were much better than the sandwich. I topped it off with an iced tea.

Overall, I would give this place a pass in favor of the Old Fashioned Hamburger shop next door if you are going for a burger. If your main intent is beer however, this was the place to be.

Double Dave's Pizza: Low Key Pizza Joint

by msbrandysue Written Oct 15, 2007

Entrance

The pizza here is awesome! I especially love the buffet on the weekends when you can taste the variety of pizza they have. One of the best things about this place is they serve beer! That way, if you're with the kids you can let them have fun while also enjoying yourself a bit :) But not too much!!

The ambience is very laid back. They have a few video games for the kids. They have nice, big televisions for the sports. The decor is very fun.

**FYI, I took the pictures really late on a Friday night right before they closed ...

Favorite Dish: You have to try the pepperoni rolls! They are delicious!!!

Taco Bueno: Best Fast Food

by msbrandysue Updated Jun 12, 2008

Yes, America is all about fast food. It's cheap, fast, and easy! While in Denton I always make sure to stop at Taco Bueno!! It is great tex-mex food with a lower price. Although loaded in calories I always save one meal to splurge and this is definitely the one!

*No alcohol is available like some places around here though.

Favorite Dish: My favorite meal is the Mucho Nachos (without the chili sauce or refried beans) with a soft beef taco. It is enough for two people, unless you're really hungry!! They put plenty of queso and tomatos on top which I always enjoy. However, because of all the the toppings some of the chips lose their crunch. I love it!! My mom hates nachos like that so be advised!

The tacos both hard and crispy are fantastic. I've heard the tortilla soup is great, although it's usually only available in the colder months. The mexi-dip is also great. You get beans, guacamole, and a cheese puff to dip your chips in.

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Beth Marie's Old Fashioned Soda Fountain: Lunch and Dessert

by DEBBBEDB Updated Mar 16, 2008

Counter

Beth-Marie has set the store up like an old fashioned soda fountain. There is the marble counter, and there are wire chairs on black and white checked floors. They do have lunch specials advertised outside and some on the menu (photo 5)

Business Hours

Mon-Thurs 11:00am to 10:00pm
    Fri-Sat 11:00am to 11:00pm

Sunday 12:00pm to 10:00pm

Favorite Dish: But we had already had lunch at Independent Hamburger, so most of us had sundaes. They make their own ice cream.

• Seniors

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Denton County Independent Hamburger Company: Old Fashioned Burger and Fries

by grandmaR Written Feb 2, 2008

Sign outside

My daughter's father-in-law was very anxious to take us to eat at this old fashioned hamburger place.

Open Mon-Sat 11am-3pm

Under construction

Apparently there is a second "Independent Hamburger" which is on Sunset

715 Sunset Street
    Denton, TX 76201
    (940) 382-3037

Favorite Dish: The menu says: Old Fashioned Hamburgers and the Broiled Chicken Breasts are $3.75 (dinner $7.50). Cheeseburgers, Chili Burgers and Hickory Burgers are $4.00 ($8.00 dinner). The salad bar is $4.50. Side order of fries is $2.25 and a drink is $1.35.

I had a little bit of the salad bar and a hamburger. Our daughter's father-in-law and Bob also had the fries (photo 2)

Chili's: Easy Going...Good Food

by msbrandysue Written Jul 31, 2007

Appetizer

Chili's is considered by some as "fast food." It is a sit-down restaurant with a very laid back atmosphere. There is food and a full service bar. Children are usually present as well as good times. This is one of those places where you can find anything for anyone so it ends up being somewhere I go A LOT, especially with family and big groups. If you're in a rush this place usually serves your food in around 15-20 minutes. Of course, you can also get it to go as they offer their full menu in a To-Go option.

The hours are not listed on the website but I've always been able to get in before 11pm. They are open even later on weekends.

This is a chain of restaurants so be sure to type in your hotel's address on the website to find the one nearest you. They are all over the area.

Favorite Dish: For an appetizer around $2-3 we get the unending bowl of chips and hot sauce. Their chips are very good. If you want to try something new order a side of ranch and dip them in ranch dressing. Very good! And I used to hate ranch dressing...Since I tried chips with ranch I'm hooked.

For an entree I now get the Quesadilla Explosion. It is a salad with fajita chicken on top, as well as tomatos, corn, beans, etc. They also serve cheese quesadilla squares surrounding the salad. I always get the avacado ranch with it. Yummmmy!

If you don't do salads the grilled chicken sandwich is good. It comes with honey mustard, melted swiss cheese, and bacon on it. The chicken quesadillas are also very good. Chili's is quite famous for their baby back ribs, if you'd like to try those.

Picture to come soon...

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Denton Independent Hamburger Co.

by keeweechic Updated Dec 9, 2003

This long winded-named restaurant does custom built hamburgers with 'juicy generous patties'. They are open Mon-Sat 11-3. Aside from this restaurant on downtown square, there is a 2nd location at 715 Sunset St which also sells beer. Dollars only - no credit accepted.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Beth Marie's Soda Fountain: They Make Their Own Ice Cream

by grandmaR Written Mar 15, 2008

Tables

We went to Beth-Marie's after lunch specifically for the ice cream. They had an old fashioned drug store counter, lots of different kinds of ice cream (which they make) and ice cream concoctions although they also had lunch sandwiches available. They are only open in the middle of the day.

Favorite Dish: I decided to try an egg cream since I'd never had one. It was interesting, but now that I know what it is (and not what I would have imagined, since there is no egg and no cream in it), I probably won't have one again. Not that it was bad. It was basically chocolate milk with fizz added. I had been thinking of frozen custard which is a really yummy kind of ice cream.

Most of us had sundaes (photo 5)

Schlotzsky's: My Favorite Sandwich

by msbrandysue Written Sep 17, 2012

Schlotzsky’s is one of my very favorite places to eat. It’s a sandwich shop that you can take out or eat in the shop with plenty of tables always available. It’s a bit pricier ($6-7 for a sandwich) than most other sandwich shops but definitely worth it.

It's a place where you order at the counter, then wait for your food and pick it up when they call your number. It's very casual and I'm sure you'll love the food! This specific one has a drive through and I used to go here when I attended North Texas. It's kind of expensive for a college student so I would make sure I had plenty of money in my account! LOL But it was definitely a treat.

Mon-Sat: 8:30am-10:00pm; Sun: 9:00am-10:00pm
    Includes Free WIFI and has a Cinnabon Express with it for dessert

Favorite Dish: The highlight is the sandwiches. They make it with thick sourdough bread and very thinly sliced meat. Then they sprinkle cheese (the best is a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella) on one piece of bread and run it through an oven conveyor belt. Therefore the sandwich is warm and very tasty. The Original is their signature sandwich and comes with: “Home of The Original® Sandwich. Lean smoked ham, Genoa and cotto salamis, and melted cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses layered with black olives, red onion, lettuce, tomato, mustard and our signature dressing on toasted Sourdough bread.” (From the website.)

Their sandwiches are quite large. I’ve never ordered a large, the mediums are quite enough when you’re at your hungriest.

Their original chips are delicious! Their pizzas are as well. The cheese and pizza is definitely worth trying, also cooked on a sourdough. The bbq chicken looks just as good but it’s hard not to get my favorite sandwich, the turkey and cheese.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Cantina Del Sol

by keeweechic Written Dec 9, 2003

The look of this place certainly confirms Mexican food. The whole restaurant spans between two streets and is very bright and colourful. It maybe the biggest in Denton but I don't think it's the best Mexican restaurant to try.

Instant Answers: Denton

Comments

Denton Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Denton restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Denton sightseeing.