El Paso Restaurants

• The ceiling of Sorrento Italian Restaurant
    The ceiling of Sorrento Italian...
    The salami pizza
    The 'adventurous' pizza

Most Recent Restaurants in El Paso

• xoxoxenophile's Profile Photo

Sorrento Italian Restaurant: Authentic Italian Cuisine!

by xoxoxenophile Updated Feb 12, 2013

The ceiling of Sorrento Italian Restaurant

This place is excellent! We went there for dinner and it was lit by candlelight. It has red and white checked table cloths, oil bottles hung from the ceiling and used as centerpiece candleholders, an Italian mural on the walls, and a very relaxed (or even romantic if you wanted it to be) atmosphere. The staff, our waitress especially, was very friendly and helpful, the prices were excellent and the food was delicious!

Favorite Dish: I tried their salami pizza (a topping I'd never had on pizza before) and fell in love. It was perfect. Some of the more-adventurous eaters in our group had a pizza with sardines, jalapenos, red peppers, and who knows what else on it, and they all said theirs was delicious too. Their menu gives you authentic Italian options with which to customize your pizza.

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Mamacita's: Nice Bar and Grill in Nearby Clint

by Basaic Written May 5, 2012

Mamacita

This is a bar and grill with a more extensive menu than you might expect. I did not so much want Mexican, steak or burgers, so I ordered a Ham and Cheese Omelet with Jalapenos. It was pretty good. I also enjoyed the big screen TVs set to sports channels. They have an outdoor seating area too.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed my Ham and Cheese Omelet with Jalapenos

• Beer Tasting

• TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

L & J Cafe: Fantastic Cafe and Bar in Old El Paso

by TooTallFinn24 Written Feb 17, 2012

Trying to find a great restaurant in El Paso without knowing much about the town was a challenge. So I first went to the VT El Paso page and noticed this restaurant. Then I went to Trip Advisor and they gushed about it more than a girl getting her first crush.

So we decided to go. It was indeed a challenge to find it at first and our GPS sent us on a twisted path to a dead end street. So we decided to call them and get directions which would have been the smart thing to do at first.

L & J is tucked into an older residential neighborhood with seasoned homes and commercial businesses. Arriving inside on a Friday night the place was absolutely packed. However it was only about 20 minutes before we got a table.

We shared a table with George and Josie two locals from El Paso who made suggestions on what to order. So we took their advice and we weren't sorry. I had the green chicken enchiladas. Three beautifully prepared enchiladas with a mole sauce and white chicken breast meat. It was served with rice and beans. Fantastic! My wife had the chili rellenos. Two very large Anaheim chiles fried crisp and covered with a delicious sauce. Also outstanding. The meals come with some fresh tortilla chips with a great green and red salsa. Our new friends suggested a sopadilla for desert but we passed being full from the great dinner.

There is a very busy bar at the restaurant which allows for folks to eat their meals there as well. The walls are covered with pictures of famous people in the El Paso area who have visited the restaurant.

Prices were under $ 10 a plate for each dinner. This is a place not to be missed!

Wish we had taken pics but were too busy eating!

• Bull Galbee Korean Restaurant and Steakhouse: Don't miss the Finest Korean Experience!

by sorayi Written Dec 28, 2011

It used to be really hard to experience this meat in this area. Now we finally have this restaurant in el paso. Besides, the taste is excellent! Bullgogi and galbee, the most popular menu, are super tender and so tasty. I bet people who know about Korean food, especially people who have ever been to Korea, would know how expensive it is in Korea and at the same time, how lucky they are to enjoy the high-quality meat at this price. The side dishes are so clean, neat and fresh. I've been in el paso for 15 years, but there hasn't been any real Korean restaurants here. This restaurant would be good too when I have to treat my guests. I know that Korean food is famous for how healthy it is. Even though basically this restaurant is a meat-restaurant, other than the main dishes, all the side dishes are vegitable, so it is a perfect combination of meat and vegitable for your healthy eating. Trying Korean wines is another pleasure to enjoy this restaurant fully enough. I am totally satisfied with the quality of the meal of this restaurant!!

Favorite Dish: Unique and fun experience, grilled at your own table, highest-quality meat, butcher rock reserve, elegant and cozy atmosphere, side dishes, soup, lunch specials, all you can eat meats on Sundays

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Jaxson's Restaurant & Brewery

by Ewingjr98 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Jaxon's is a local El Paso microbrewery with three locations in the city. We tried the Remcon Circle restaurant which is the newest of the three. The beer was good and not too expensive at $2.95 for 16 ounces. I had a brown ale and dad had a Mexican-style lager. For dinner dad enjoyed the pecan-soy salmon ($11.50) and cheese cake ($5.25), while I stuck with the local enchiladas with green sauce ($7.50). This is a nice clean restaurant, but their decor was a little distracting--big pallets of barley or something setting out in the restaurant like their warehouse was full. I think it was intentional as part of their theme, but it looked rather odd. This is more of a family restaurant than any other brewery I have ever visited...kids were in abundance.

There are TV throughout the restaurant, making it relatively easy to catch a game here.

• chacha74's Profile Photo

Cattleman's Steakhouse: Hi Ho Cattle, away

by chacha74 Updated May 7, 2008
    Here's a map to find it!

There is a lot that can be said about a good hunk of beef. This restaraunt however, has GREAT steaks! The service is outstanding and the food is unforgettable. I grew up in the small town of Fabens Texas, which is the exit you must take to get to Cattleman's. My mom worked there when she was young and my sister worked there years later when she was still in school. The drinks are out of this world and the steaks are the best. This place is located within a cool oasis in the desert spot, called Indian Cliffs Ranch. There is a huge party room you can rent out; with probably the best margaritas in Texas available. There is the ever popular option of horse back riding before or after dinner. The cliff point over view is amazing at sunset. Not to be missed if you can take the time to visit.

Favorite Dish: My choice as a child was always the road kill steak. Basically a premium ground chuck mixture with perfect seasonings. It was ohh soo tender. As I grew up however, I became partial to the fillet mignon. Ohh ho, man! You talk about an incredible experience. It was finger licking good! Trust me, there's no way you'll find a mood setter like this in the city. It's worth the short drive east of ElPaso on the interstate.

• Horse Riding
    • Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

• last_train's Profile Photo

Fuddruckers: Gourmet Hamburgers made to order!

by last_train Written Sep 17, 2007

Order your food at the counter and then pick it up when your silent-pager flashes. This is a great place if you are wanting a little better food quality than fast-food, but still need to eat in a hurry. The restaurant is decorated with Americana memorabilia and features sporting events on TVs scattered throughout the dining area.

Favorite Dish: Try the 1/2 pound Southwest burger including guacamole, bacon, and pepper jack cheese. I like to add jalapeƱos at the condiment counter!

• Jerusalem cafe and market: nothing special

by doctorhog Written Jul 11, 2007

The ambience of the restaurant is nice with pretty murals on the walls. Unfortunately, this is where my praises end. The Pitas were stale. The babaganoush tasted as though it were sitting on a shelf in 120 degree weather in rural Kuwait for a few years. The meat dishes had a lot of grizzle (tendon, fat, etc.)...I gave them the benefit of the doubt and tried it a few times, but to no avail.

The market next door has a diverse selection of goods. Their herring was very mushy; the result of fish sitting for extended periods of time. The smoked salmon was downright rotten. Worst of all, the owner didn't apologize, and only returned my money after repeated requests.

Favorite Dish: There may be some good dishes, yet I have such a bad taste in my mouth, its hard to recall....if you decide to go here, please avoid the fish, as it is a health hazard.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Cafe Central: Great desserts!

by matcrazy1 Updated Mar 27, 2007

CAFE CENTRAL ON LEFT, EL PASO

I was surprised to find this elegant and old cafe and restaurant (eclectic cuisine) in ugly high rise building in downtown El Paso (see my pictures) next to Plaza Hotel. It is rather fancy place although both business and casual dress is OK there. Its interior design is a mix of both almost 90 years old tradition and art and modern amenities. Prices although not low are not crazy high. Expect to pay some $30-$50 per person per full lunch or dinner with drinks, tax and tip.

Cafe Central was opened in 1918 in Juarez, Mexico, and after prohibition ended, it migrated closer to the border, and finally crossed into downtown El Paso. In 1991, the restaurant was re-opened after re-modelling and restoration.

Favorite Dish: Try their cafe and delicious desserts (each costs $7). We had dessert platter for $14 which included: Creme Brulee, Chocolate Mousse Tower with Caramel Sauce, Classic Baklava & Chocolate Dipped Strawberries. Everything was great. I like especially Chocolate Mousse Tower, yummy...

• Hiking and Walking

• Sakura: Excellent Japanese Food

by prettyweezil Written Aug 1, 2006

"Sakura" on Lee Trevino is some of the best Japanese food I've had since leaving Japan. The atmosphere is quiet and cozy, and the staff is very friendly.

Favorite Dish: Just about everything is really good, but the sushi is excellent (try the Dragon Roll), and they make a really great kitsune udon, which is my personal Japanese favorite... naturally I am very picky about it.

• atufft's Profile Photo

Alberto's Restaurant: Mexican Fast Food El Paso Style

by atufft Updated Jan 11, 2006

Alberto's Cafe

Good authentic tacos are about as good a fast food as one can eat. Alberto's was a needed stop after several hours coming from Tucson, and given the distance required to get to San Antonio. So fast food in El Paso was all we had time for. We took the downtown exit and drove around one-way streets until I spotted this place. It didn't look to be as much of a dive as some other places we had passed. This restaurant is also a sit down place (see photo), and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner food. One could place the order by cell phone and pick up on the way through. Open daily 7:30-4pm. They have free delivery in the downtown area, so if you are staying in an El Paso Hotel downtown, give them a call.

Favorite Dish: The tacos. Handmade corn torilla, shredded beef, and plenty of fresh tomatoes and lettuce. This was not Taco Bell! And, yet the price was about the same, $15- for two people. I had a chance to drink Horchata and practice my Spanish, but the college student behind the cash register taking orders wanted to converse in English. He was interested in where I was coming from. He told me the the distance from Los Angeles to El Paso is about the same as from El Paso to Houston. Texas is a big state!

• Singles

• sheeplike's Profile Photo

Kiki's Mexican Restaurant: Fresh Mexican Food

by sheeplike Updated May 9, 2005

I was so hungry that I didn't pay attention to the ambience. The prices were cheap and the food is great. Be aware that there is limited parking and tight spots.

Favorite Dish: Thursday Special -Two Chicken Tacos $4.25

The first bite was savory, juicy and just plain wonderful.

• Women's Travel

• goingplaces's Profile Photo

Hooters: I go there for the wings, really.

by goingplaces Written Feb 1, 2004

Hooters

Hooters is an American original. Established as a wing house, they've done much to bolster their image. Throw in gorgeous waitresses in short shorts and extra-tight tops, and you have a restaurant that lives up to its motto: 'Delightfully tacky, yet unrefined.' That said, the clientele is a pretty even balance of male and female. And no, nobody can help but stare at the servers. The menu is pretty decent, but just stick to the wings. It is, afterall, what they're *really* known for....; )

Favorite Dish: Buffalo wings! That's what almost everyone gets when going to Hooters. Having recently made the decision to try the Buffalo shrimp, I believe I'll be sticking to the wings on future visits. One warning though...all those sauces you want to dip your wings in are not free. They go for $.55.

• goingplaces's Profile Photo

The Brown Bag Deli, Inc.: The Absolute *Best* Subs in Texas!

by goingplaces Updated Jan 30, 2004

The Brown Bag Deli has two locations in El Paso, and I'm fortunate enough to live two minutes away from one of them. It's in a little strip mall right outside the gates of Ft. Bliss, and man, can it get busy. The place looks like it could use a housekeeper (not in a bad, notify-the-health-department kind of way!), with boxes piled up everywhere and old newspapers on the tables, but I think that adds to the ambience. The menu is absolutely astounding....31 types of cold subs to choose from, 5 hot subs, and in 6 different sizes (mini, regular, large, jumbo, family, and regular sandwich). Add to that their assortment of fresh bagels, old fashioned milkshakes, cake (carrot and cheese), and salads, and this place has my business forever. On top of all that, they deliver and cater too! There is *nothing* not to love about this place!

Favorite Dish: I'm quite fond of the mini subs. They're only $2.99 for a 6 inch sub. I usually get two different kinds, eat half of each, and save the rest for the next day's lunch. My favorites include the #7 (Genoa, Mortadella, Cotto, and Provolone) and the #9 (Turkey, Ham, Cole Slaw, and Swiss). But with this many choices on the menu, I can try a new sub every day and not repeat myself for over a month.

• goingplaces's Profile Photo

The New Clock Family Restaurant: Authentic Mexican, and a little down-home comfort

by goingplaces Written Jan 30, 2004

New Clock Restaurant

The New Clock Family Restaurant looks like an old 1950's-style American diner. I honestly don't think any of the tables or decorations have been updated since then, so that's not surprising! And, true to the name, there are clocks hanging everywhere inside the restaurant...not that they all tell the right--or even the same--time. All of that aside, this is one of those great, homey places where the servers remember you and someone will always leave a newspaper on the table. The food is a little bit Mexican, a little bit American, and all-around outstanding. The coffee is always fresh and tastes great, and chips and homemade salsa are a free appetizer...even for breakfast.

Favorite Dish: Like I mentioned before, the Clock serves Mexican and down-home American food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. My favorite on the breakfast menu is the Salsa Verde Chilaquiles. They come with sides of refried beans and hash browns, with your choice of toast or a tortilla. I recommend the tortilla. Another favorite on the menu is SOS, which my Southern eyes recognized as biscuits and gravy. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with anything you choose from the menu. As for lunch and dinner, well, I haven't made it there that late in the day yet. One of these days I will, but I just cannot stop myself from bellying up there for breakfast.

Instant Answers: El Paso

Comments

El Paso Restaurants

Reviews and photos of El Paso restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for El Paso sightseeing.