Fort Stockton Restaurants

K Bob's Steakhouse
    by Basaic

Most Recent Restaurants in Fort Stockton

• mmata93's Profile Photo

K Bob's Steakhouse: Frozen Steak and Bad Service??

by mmata93 Written Sep 7, 2012

When sitting down here with my family this past Labor Day, I was pleased at the minute changes in the menu and restaurant. Once our waitress had come to greet us, however, things took a turn for the worst.
    First, our waitress was horribly rude to us.
    Second, my food tasted terrible. I had ordered steak and shrimp, the shrimp still tasted like the disgusting water it swam in and despite ordering a "medium well" cooked state, I had received a rare steak instead.
    I did not pay the $14 for the plate, it was not worth a single penny.
    The only thing that changed from my last visit a year ago was that my steak wasn't frozen at the center this time.

Favorite Dish: Anything but the steak!

• Basaic's Profile Photo

K Bob's Steakhouse: Good Food, Poor Service

by Basaic Updated Mar 27, 2010

K Bob's Steakhouse

K Bob's specializes in steaks but also serves, chicken and fish and have their "salad wagon". The salad wagon has a variety of fresk vegetables, fruits salads and soups and a big pot of beans. Decor is slump block with ceramic tile floors and a few western style items on twalls. Food was good but the service was not so great. The hostess asked what I wanted to drink and I said Decaf. It never came. My waitress asked what two side dishes I wanted and I said Rice and Green Beans. All she brought me was rice. When I finally got her attention, she said "oh it only comes with one side". Couldn't she have said something? When I kidded the hostess that my coffee never came. she rudely said "I wasn't your waitress". Well, if you are not going to bring me a drink why ask, and why didn't the waitress ask what I wanted to drink? Food is a 4; service drops it back to 3. They serve beer. Hours are 11 AM to 10 PM Monday through Friday, 6 PM to 10 PM on Saturday and 6 PM to 9 PM on Sunday.

Favorite Dish: The fried catfish was pretty good. I liked the "chuckwagon Rice".

• Beer Tasting

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Commanche Springs: For Truckers

by Basaic Written Mar 15, 2010

I was definitely getting hungry by the time I stopped at this truck stop. The d├ęcor was exactly like you would expect for a truck stop. The usual naugahyde and steel, the usual items in the gift shop. I had a Grilled Chicken Breast with a Cheese and Mushroom Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, and Green Beans. The food was okay but the service was kind of slow for non-truckers.

• WFTR's Profile Photo

Dairy Queen: Dairy Queen

by WFTR Written Oct 4, 2002

For fourteen years, I've been keeping a journal when I travel. In the earlier years, I didn't write as much, but as I get older, I tend to ramble on and on. I often camp when I'm traveling, and writing at the campsite is sometimes awkward. To have a comfortable place to sit and surface to write, I began even back in 1988 writing in little restaurants. Dairy Queens have always been a favorite. I order a blizzard and sit at a booth eating my blizzard and writing in my notebook.

The Dairy Queen in Fort Stockton has been a pretty good place to do this writing on both of my trips to the Big Bend Country. In 2000, I stopped there on my first day of travel after having bought my notebook and pen right there in Fort Stockton. In 2001, I was still using the same notebook and pen but stopped on my journey home. The place has plenty of seating and big windows for watching the world go by. Fort Stockton is a neat little town that is fun to watch.

Favorite Dish: Oreo Blizzard

Instant Answers: Fort Stockton

Comments

Fort Stockton Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Fort Stockton restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fort Stockton sightseeing.

View all Fort Stockton hotels