Fort Worth Favorites

November:
    Festival of Lights
    December:
    Christmas in the Stockyards

More to come as they happen!

• TWAmes's Profile Photo

Fort Worth is really a big...

by TWAmes Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Fort Worth is really a big small-town. There are only a few localized places of interest such as The Stockyards North of the downtown, The Botanical Gardens and Will Rodger's arena West of downtown, and then the downtown itself. The heart of downtown Fort Woth is called Sundance Square and there are several bars, restaurants, and movie theaters within walking distance of each other. Parking in most downtown areas is completely free in the evenings and weekends, so park anywhere and enjoy walking around the square.

Fondest memory: There are several lakes in the vicinity of Fort Worth. Some are better than others, but most people enjoy the convenience of Eagle Mountain lake. It's just northwest of the downtown off of HWY 199. If you know someone with a boat like I do, then go tie up with us and enjoy a few beers with the locals.

• Visit the Fort Worth...

by kmarie Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Visit the Fort Worth Stockyards, this will take you back to the old west, great night life, great steak restaurants, and even a cattle drive. But don't miss the downtown area, the Bass performance hall is a sight to behold! Also you must visit the Sundance Square area.

Fondest memory: Inside the Botanical Gardens, there is the Japanese Garden it is absolutely beautiful and so peaceful.

• The culture

by 1Nomad Updated Jan 7, 2003

Favorite thing: When you come to Fort Worth, don't expect the usual. Fort Worth is anything but that. Yea, I'm kinda partial. After all, I grew up here. You can easily spend two weeks here and never do the same thing twice. I tried to give you a take of the Fort Worth area, but with Dallas so close to here, if your not happy with what we have to offer, I'm sure you'll find plenty to do there as well. In Fort Worth, it's like living in the big , not so big city. We have our areas of concern, but overall, you'll find it a great place to be. People in this area are from all over. While growing up, this used to be a town of nothing but Texan's. Now, people have found out what a great place this can be and come from all over. You'll get a different blend of cultures and emotions from every angle. If anything, it's anything but boring. If your planning a trip to this area, drop me a line and I'll see if I can help out.

• aemaya's Profile Photo

Don't listen to people from Dallas

by aemaya Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: They are so busy telling people that Fort Worth sucks, they never have stopped to reflect that they have never left the ugly, concrete, historyless, plastic city we call Dallas. I can't tell you how many Dallosers I have kidnapped and forced to visit Fort Worth . Once they realize they can see with out squinting through a murky haze, that we have trees, museums, and history, that no one is trying to shoot them on the highway, that we smile, and that it doesn't matter how much money you make here, I can't get them to go home. They want to move in. Luckily hospitality is found in Fort Worth also.

Fondest memory: The way I felt when I walked into my living room an saw a cloud floating into my apartment. It is difficult to find domestic highrises in Texas. The view is breathtaking. Seeing a cloud in my livingroom was, for lack of better terms, priceless.

• Sunshinekiss's Profile Photo

Western Fun

by Sunshinekiss Written Feb 25, 2003

seating in authentic western saddles at the bar

Favorite thing: Frozen Margaritas!!!

Fondest memory: The sexy western wear and bars.

Not to be missed when in Fort Worth is the Booger Red's Saloon where you can seat in authentic western saddles at the bar...hmmmmm sooooo sexy!!!

• lonestar_philomath's Profile Photo

Ft Worth Convention Center

by lonestar_philomath Written Feb 6, 2007

Favorite thing: The Ft Worth Convention Center hosts everything from Religous events to Gun shows.
    Refer to their web site for more information:

Fondest memory: Train show
    Christian Revivals

• Business Travel

• brazilnut30's Profile Photo

Friends in Fort Worth

by brazilnut30 Written Nov 13, 2004

Favorite thing: Just some good friends that are going to school with me in Texas!

Fondest memory: My fondest memory of Fort Worth is the friends I have here with me!

• Music

• brazilnut30's Profile Photo

Six Flags

by brazilnut30 Written Nov 13, 2004

Favorite thing: This is just a fun amusement park full of great Roller coasters that you can have a great time with friends with!

• Theme Park Trips

Instant Answers: Fort Worth

Comments

Fort Worth Favorites

Reviews and photos of Fort Worth favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fort Worth sightseeing.