Cattlemen's Steakhouse, Fort Worth

4 out of 5 stars 4 Stars - 9 Reviews

2458 North Main Street (817) 624-3945

The bar area with the murals
  • Cattlemen's Steakhouse
    Inside
  • Cattlemens Ft Worth Steak House: Horrible Management

by JessicaJ14 Written Feb 4, 2013

This was a nice restaurant, the waiter was good, the food was good, however at the end of the night there was a problem with the billing for someone in our party. After that was fixed they came to me and told me they over charged me, my bill was 52.65 at that point. They take my card, come back with a receipt for me to sign with no explanation of charges for 57.95. When I went to ask the manager "Wes," he got an attitude with me and told me he was not going to give me an explanation. I had no problem with the charges, I just wanted to know why it was the way it was. He was very rude me to me, I have actually never been spoken to that way before. It seems to me that the charges just got mixed up at the table, I understand that mistakes happen, no big deal, but instead of him telling me that is what happened, I was given no reason as to why I was given two different receipts with two different amounts. I now look at my credit card and there is no charge for 52.65 but there are two charges for 57.95. I will not be going back here due to the way the manager treated me. And I am hoping that I can get that charges sorted out so that I only have to pay for my dinner once.

• cattlemen's: the best steak's in texas

by joanspell Written Feb 1, 2012

I was the hostess for this wonderful restaurant from 1965 to 1968, and I loved it . I had to wear the boot's with spur's, and the gorgeous white beaver hat, and beautiful western clothes, and the holster with the gun's that shot plastic bullet's.I had to quit because I was expecting a baby but I sure did miss my job, the food, and all of the wonderful people there. my name then was nancy joan parker, and of course because of the gun's they called me bonnie parker.

Favorite Dish: I loved the steaks because you could go to the front select your steak , and the chef would cook it just like I wanted it. alway's perfect.

• Business Travel

• Maria250's Profile Photo

Cattlemen's Steakhouse: Taste of the West

by Maria250 Updated Aug 10, 2011

Cattlemen's Steakhouse

Very nice place, very crowdy, and pretty dark too. Food was great. Had BBQed spare rips, and tomato salad & ice tea. Everything comes in huge portions. Very nice waitresses, great & attentive service, very western like atmosphere. Too much of a/c, take a sweater with you. Of course the best was, to get all of those nice VTers to meet in person, and have a good time & talk. Thanks to Mark & Sarah who made that happen right in Fort Worth! Thanks also to Veronica and husband, what a fine couple, that showed Kristi & me around.

• TravelinFoodie's Profile Photo

Cattlemens Steakhouse: Best Steaks and Great Memories!

by TravelinFoodie Updated Feb 26, 2011
    Inside

The food here as always is excellent western style steaks and sides. Growing up on a cattle ranch in California these are the types of steaks and people I am accustomed to. Place is old, dark and has a smell of smoke from the grill. There is a showcase with beef cuts in it in front of the grill master, and pictures decorating the walls of the entire place. If looking for some good steaks, definitely go to the cattlemen while in the Dallas Ft. Worth Area.

Favorite Dish: The peppercorn encrusted NY steak. Its just one of those things I enjoy. The peppercorns bursting with a spicy kick incorporate with the juicy flesh of the perfectly grilled rare NY steak. How can you go wrong.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Cattlemen's Steak House: Great Steaks~

by Yaqui Written Sep 19, 2010

If you like steaks, then you will like this place. It does not have a fancy decor, if fact it's a old, but charming. It is expensive, but your paying for what you get. Awesome steaks. I have not eaten here in a very long time. Came here with a girlfriend who was my co-worker. We enjoyed it. I enjoyed the old pictures on the wall. It is popular with the locals and visitors.

It has a very tiny parking lot, so find a spot on the street where there is plenty.

• starrlot's Profile Photo

Cattlemen's Steakhouse: The Best Steak in Fort Worth

by starrlot Written Jan 21, 2010

Unique location, great service and the most fantastic steak in Fort Worth, this I promise. Not only are the portions the size of Texas in itself, but the steaks are absolutely heavenly. Definitely try their ribeye. Just thinking about it now makes my mouth water!

Favorite Dish: Their ribeye, and definitely trust their selection of wines that pair nicely with their steaks. They definitely know their wines!

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Cattlemen's Steakhouse: Friday night VT meeting

by Dabs Updated Oct 4, 2008

Cattlemen's Steakhouse

Mark picked Cattlemen's Steakhouse for our Friday night dinner, located on Main Street in the Stockyards. I think there were about 15-20 of us for dinner and they were nice enough to issue separate bills for each party at the table whether it was 1 person or more, eliminating the chance for the inevitable shortage you have with large groups. The service was very friendly, prompt and kept our beverages filled. It was a great choice for a group dinner, the prices were reasonable for a steakhouse and they had space for larger groups.

Favorite Dish: I wasn't extremely hungry so I ordered the smallest steak I could find, a 7-8oz filet mignon ($20.95) cooked medium rare with a side of sauteed mushrooms ($4). I thought it had a good flavor and it came with a salad and choice of potatoes, I got the horseradish mashed and they were good. The included sides was a refreshing change from most of the steakhouses in Chicago where the steak comes ala carte and you have to order sides separately.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Cattlemen's Steakhouse: Historic Stockyards Restaurant

by VeronicaG Updated Sep 30, 2008

Cattlemen's Steak House

The Cattlemen's Steakhouse was the first site of our September '08 Ft. Worth vt meet. I had never dined here before so was looking forward to a luscious steak that evening.

The Cattlemen's is housed in a rustic wood building a couple blocks up from the center of the Stockyards. Easily within walking distance of parking, shopping and the renovated stockyard pens and maze. An immense cow sits atop the roof of the restaurant, surveying visitors trailing up and down the sidewalks.

The waitstaff was pleasant and the nice-sized room at one corner of the restaurant was perfect for our chummy group. I ordered a filet mignon, cooked medium-well. Usually this means it arrives with a narrow pink strip in the middle with juices intact. Sorry to report it was too overdone, but it was still somewhat tasty and the accompanying baked potato with chives and a bit of shredded cheese plus salad were fine.

Meeting the vter's was the highlight of the evening anyway, so we had a great time! I would suggest visiting Cattlemen's Steakhouse because, we all have so-so days ourselves and it seemed that everyone else's order was to their liking.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Cattlemen's Steakhouse: Down Home Steak Restaurant

by ATXtraveler Written Sep 27, 2008

I had to have a debate with myself about whether or not to select "local" or "steakhouse" when creating this tip, because Cattlemen's is definitely both. Located in the middle of the Stockyard district, there is a little bit of kitsch mixed in with a lot of good down home ranch style meat cooking going on here.

We hosted our initial meeting of the 1st Annual Big Texas VT Meet here, and had about 15 people come in to sample the love being worked by steak cook Edward. He had the meat grilling on a searing heat, and the kitchen was whipping up a storm of baked, hashed, and smashed potatoes with all the fixin's . I chose the Texas Strip, which was a little meatier than its New York cousin. I also chose the delicious hash brown potatoes which had cheese, onions, and some bacon bits mixed in for a unique flavor combination.

For dessert Sarah and I split a blueberry cobbler, which was down home good.

The ambiance in the restaurant was definitely Old West, with the hostess in a long form Gone with the Wind style dress. All around, try to eat in the Sirloin room for the best all around experience.

Favorite Dish: Texas Strip, hashed brown potatoes (all the way) and a cobbler (or pecan pie).

Instant Answers: Fort Worth