Del Frisco's Double Eagle, Fort Worth

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Del Frisco's: Top Grade Steakhouse

by VeronicaG Updated Mar 15, 2009

Happy Birthday to me

Del Frisco's has been described as a five-star steakhouse. I agree!

My husband and I dined here for my birthday recently and had a delectable dinner. The richly paneled dining room was dimly lit, just oozing with atmosphere. Del Frisco's is a wonderful choice for a romantic dinner for two, but whether you are with family or friends, I'm postive that you'll receive a wonderful meal here.

I selected a Shrimp Cocktail, Caesar Salad, Governors Filet with Chateau Potatoes and a Roasted Vegetable Medley from the menu. Warm, crusty bread was brought to our table--we attempted to limit ourselves to just one slice, but it was impossible...too tasty!

The service was outstanding! When my husband mentioned it was my birthday, our waiter brought out a huge chunk of chocolate cake, layered with raspberries and chocolatey bits which we shared...and we weren't charged for this luscious dessert.

The menu featured some of these selections:

Appetizers: Shrimp Remoulade, Crab Cake with Cajun Lobster Sauce and others
    Soups: Turtle Soup and Seafood Soup

Just a few of the entrees served:

Filet Mignon 12 oz.
    Veal Porterhouse 16 oz.
    Lobster
    Shrimp Scampi with Angel Hair Pasta
    Pepper Crusted Tuna

Del Frisco's never freezes their meats and they are all USDA grade. The filet I had for my meal, was tender, perfectly cooked to my taste and absolutely wonderful.

Favorite Dish: PRIME STEAKS!

• rids's Profile Photo

Del Frisco's Double Eagle...

by rids Updated Jul 9, 2003

Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House
    Upscale atmosphere, lots of activity so good people watching, excellent service. And, of course, the food. A Del Frisco's steak is cooked in broilers at 1,800 degrees, searing the meat on each side so no juices escape. The grade of beef served here is USDA prime, the highest grade available. Prime represents only 2 percent of all beef slaughtered in the country each year, a product so rare and pricey that it's generally not available in supermarkets.

Favorite Dish: Carpetbagger Steak (a 10-oz. Ribeye with chunky mashed potatoes), lamb chops, their blue cheese dressing. A la carte menu. We had a lettuce wedge salad and asparagus. The salad was enough for 2, and the vegetable portions are large enough for 2-4 people. They also had lobster tail on the menu (market price) and that was $95.00. Guess I'll save up for the next visit.

• Business Travel

• Warren_Garza's Profile Photo

Del Friscos Double Eagle Steak...

by Warren_Garza Written Aug 26, 2002

Del Friscos Double Eagle Steak House
    This place is as good as it gets. The Service is awsome,the food is mouth watering,and the wine list is out of this world!!! If you go to Dels you will pay $$$$$ but if you a steak person this is Heaven!!! They use U.S.D.A. PRIME Beef!!!!!

Favorite Dish: 12 oz. center cut filet medium rare, side of augrauten potatoes,side of cream of spinach casserole( you can get seafood also they have a fish of the day& Austraulian Lobster flown in daily)

Instant Answers: Fort Worth

Comments

Hotels Near Del Frisco's Double Eagle
4.5 out of 5 stars