Places to eat in Fort Worth

Most Viewed Restaurants in Fort Worth

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Cast Iron Restaurant: Outstanding fresh food

by kyoub Written Sep 10, 2011

One of my new favorite places to eat in downtown Fort Worth is at the Omni Hotel
    They grow their own veggies and herbs up on the roof
    Whether you are there for a lunch buffet or an evening dinner, it is always outstanding.
    I had been there for the buffet a few times and even picky eaters like myself can get full on that.
    For my birthday dinner, my sons took me there for drinks and a meal.
    It was everything that I had expected and more.

Favorite Dish: I liked the Yellow tail snapper w/ blue corn crust, green hominy, and tequilla cream
    Seasoned to perfection.

Cozy Cheese grits No place like it

• Maria250's Profile Photo

Cowtown Fudge: Candies and ice cream home made

by Maria250 Updated Aug 10, 2011

For describing this wonderful, little place with its fantastic selection of tasty goodies, and also things like gift baskets with a variety of chocolates and Texas souvenirs, I really like to go with their flyer, saying: Cowtown Fudge sells only the best old fashioned gourmet ice cream. Made locally in Denton, Texas, you can't find any better tasting ice-cream. True is that!

Cowtown Fudge Cowtown Fudge Cowtown Fudge source: www.stickyfingers-web.co.uk/ fudge.htm

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

The Chisholm Club

by keeweechic Updated Apr 4, 2011

The restaurant is in the corner of the Renaissance Worthington Hotel. The restaurant was originally created by Cowboy chef Grady Spears and the décor has been described as cowboy chic. The main dining room seats 240 and has a bar and a teaching kitchen. Dishes include suckling pig tostadas, layered with cheese, guacamole, and barbecue sauce and served with julienne peppers and creamy red cabbage coleslaw. Chicken-fried foie gras, stuffed quail with smoked onion grits, chicken fried steak, dry-aged beef ribeye, duck carnitas/sweet corn tamale , flash fried antelope ribs and a 24-ounce porterhouse steak.

Jake's Hamburgers: Great burgers

by Yaqui Updated Oct 17, 2010

I was not expecting to eat at this place. I had been exploring all day and most places were closing. So I thought what the heck. I was tired and hungry. The little lady who was working behind the bar was so nice and sweet. She brought me this huge glass of water, guess she knew I needed it. I only ordered a burger because it was late. That was a great burger. It had lots of veggies on it and nothing else. It was huge and very good. So, I would say this is a great place to stop and have a good meal. Couldn't complain about the price too. It was only $6.00. This place was thumbs up for me so I ended up coming here twice.

Giovannis: Hidden Pizza treasure~

by Yaqui Updated Oct 17, 2010

This little place sits way towards the back of the indoor Rodeo Plaza mall main hallway. It's right back by the back door. It's a lovely little restaurant that has wonderful folks who are ready to serve you some delicious pizza. They have some pretty good specials too. So if your in the area, please venture down the hallway and have a nice lunch or dinner.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Thai Tina's Downtown: Wonderful experience!

by Yaqui Written Sep 19, 2010

What a neat place. Kay suggested we eat here and I had no idea it was right next door which made it great for me! I so appreciated meeting up with two lovely VT individuals. We had the best chat and it was a first for me because I have never tried Thai food. Wow, how tasty and they gave you a lot. It had such a lovely decor and the service was excellent. Well worth the time and monies worth. I know I am going to come back here for sure.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Four Star Cafe - Downtown Fort Worth

by Ewingjr98 Updated Feb 15, 2010

While wandering around downtown Fort Worth one day around lunch time, I was in search of a quick sandwich shop. I happened upon the Four Star Cafe and knew this would be a good place for lunch. Located right downtown, convenient to Sundance Square, this cafe looked modern and clean. I wandered in and up to the counter where the friendly workers happily greeted me. I quickly scanned the menu and decided on the stockyard roast beef sandwich with lettuce, tomato, muenster cheese and horseradish, along with fresh beef chili. The worker at the counter responded to both selections with "good choice!" My meal was about $9 and was ready in just minutes... excellent.

• starrlot's Profile Photo

Saltgrass Steakhouse: Every steak grilled to perfection!

by starrlot Written Jan 21, 2010

Typical Texas themed steakhouse, nothing unique, however the food is good with average service. If you want a steak cooked to perfection without worry and for a good price, there should be no other choice but the Saltgrass.

Favorite Dish: Any of their sirloins, all were tender and juicy.

• Museum Visits
    • Zoo

• starrlot's Profile Photo

Black Eyed Pea: Maybe the best chicken fried steak in Fort Worth!

by starrlot Written Jan 21, 2010

While this is a chain restaurant, the food and service was a sweet surprise. While the wait staff is unaware of their wine list, much less the types of wines they have available, their food was excellent and just a pleasant surprise that their chicken fried steak alone could be claimed to the best in the city.

Favorite Dish: Chicken fried steak

• Zoo
    • Museum Visits

Mac's on 7th: Near the Arts District

by VeronicaG Updated Sep 6, 2009

After spending part of the evening listening to smooth jazz at the Modern Art Museum, we were ready for a late meal so we drove around a bit trying to decide where to eat. We dropped in on Mac's, a trendy complex featuring an art gallery, wine shop and several other restaurants.

We were promptly greeted and led to a table where our waiter introduced himself. After scanning the menu quite thoroughly, I decided to order a small filet mignon, which was apple smoked and wrapped in bacon ($24.95) and Jim ordered Mahi Mahi, grilled with chipotle-cilantro lime sauce over julienne vegetables ($16.95). I can never seem to finish my entree, so Jim always benefits by this. This night he enjoyed two great entrees!

Here's some sample items from the menu:

Prime rib (8 oz) $18.85

Blackened Orange Roughy with Etoufee and white rice $20.75

Top Sirloin Kebob marinated in Teriyaki $16.05

Hamburger $6.95

Shrimp Paesano sauteed with lemon garlic and served with linguine $15.95

It was Labor Day weekend, so we used this as an excuse to order a dessert to celebrate the occasion. Happy Holiday-heh,heh! Of course, who needs an excuse to order dessert! We shared the 'Goldbrick', a large bowl of vanilla ice cream with a chocolate caramel sauce and nuts. This cause created a thin shell of chocolate and was luscious, but a touch more sauce would have made it even more delicious!

Before leaving, my husband met the owner of the restaurant who told him that there were two additional Mac's in our area, one located even closer to our home in Colleyville, Texas. Since we enjoyed the service and our meal, we plan to search out his other restaurants.

Lunch hours are Mon.-Sat. 11am-3pm; dinner Mon.-Thurs. 3pm-10pm; Fri.-Sat. 3pm-11pm and Sun. 3pm-10pm. A Sunday brunch is offered from 10am-2:30pm.

Macs in Ft. Worth
    • Women's Travel

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Don Felipe Mexican Food: Great Mexican Food!

by Yaqui Updated Jul 17, 2009

I venture into this establishment while looking for something close to where I was having a conference for work. Kind of a obscure place if your not really looking for a place to it. Yet, it caught my eye because I find that the simple places are usually the best place to eat at and I was right. The food was great, the service friendly and fast, and I could not complain about the price. So if kind of on a budget or time crunch this place is the right place to come.

11am-2:30pm Mon-Fri; 11am-3pm Sat; 5-9pm Mon-Sat.

Johnny Carino's: Italian near Fort Worth

by VeronicaG Updated Mar 16, 2009

We stopped at Johnny Carino's with friends after we had viewed a home show in Bedford, the Fort Worth area.

We had never eaten at this restaurant chain, but I certainly will now. This casual restaurant served up very tasty Italian food!

I ordered Baked Cheese Tortellini, accompanied by a Caesar salad and warmed melt-in-your-mouth bread. The pasta was stuffed with six different cheeses and topped with baked romano, ricotta and parmesan cheese, intermingled with a light red meat sauce...so good!

My husband ordered the Caesar salad, Chicken Milano baked with fresh mushrooms, smoked provolone, sliced ham and fresh basil. Nothing remained on his plate.

Other entrees you might chose are:

Seasoned Salmon-roasted on a cedar plank with a sweet citrus, balsamic glaze served with garlic sauteed spinach, angel hair pasta with tomatoes.

Lemon Rosemary Chicken-8 oz marinated grilled chicken breast, deglazed with lemon and rosemary. Served with sauteed green beans and angel hair pasta tossed with fresh roma tomatoes, spinach and garlic.

If you're hungry for a hearty Italian meal, stop by Johnny Carino's. You won't be sorry.

Johnny Carino's

Gloria's: Tex-Mex and Salvadoran Cuisine

by VeronicaG Updated Mar 16, 2009

After an artsy afternoon at the Kimbell Art Museum, we popped in on Gloria's, located in the Old Montgomery Ward building, where a nice collection of shops and restaurants have sprung up. The lively recorded salsa music drew us into this spacious restaurant with warm ochre walls.

Expect to find the usual Tex-mex, but also a touch of Salvadoran cuisine as our perky waitress, Kelly, informed us.

We began our meal with nachos and dips: salsa, bean and queso. I ordered a chicken chimichunga ($11.99)--a large homemade flour tortilla folded and filled with shredded chicken, with chile con queso on top.  One could choose ground beef, chicken or beef fajita meat instead.

Jim chose broiled chicken, refried beans and a tossed salad ($10.99)--we thought both were good choices. Much to our surprise, tres leches cake was on the dessert menu, so we ordered it in a flash to share--ummm, it was so moist and delicious!

Other Tex-mex choices were flautas, burritos, tomales, enchiladas, quesadillas, etc. Additional choices might be the pork tenderloin, grilled quail or marinated chicken in Salvadoran style.

Live music begins at 11pm until 2am on the weekends. Very good service with amiable waitstaff. Gloria's has ten other locations throughout Texas.

• Women's Travel

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Cowtown Fudge and Creamery: Take an Ice Cream Break or Sample Fudge!

by VeronicaG Updated Oct 6, 2008

Although our vt meet (2008) was scheduled for the end of September, it was still in the high 80's and low 90's. Wasn't it just peachy that on our ramblings about town, we came across Cowtown Fudge and Creamery?

Maria250 (Germany), DABS (Kristi from Chicago) and I had been doing a little bit of shopping when we were overcome with hunger. Well....let's just say that when we spied the ice cream shop we determined to consider it our lunch break. Somewhere along the way we lost my husband, Jim, but I promise you we rejoined him a short while later.

It was difficult to chose between the fugilicious candy or the divine ice cream--I finally decided upon a turtle-candy flavored ice cream cone. Kristi and Maria enjoyed our little diversion and we cooled our heels at a small table by the front window, chatted and people-watched. These two ladies were so much fun to spend time with-- I hope someday to see them again!

I should mention that our server was a pleasant and friendly man, who didn't mind that we took photos of him scooping ice cream. However, all my photos were accidentally erased and I am forced to substitute some other picture.

Photo borrowed from Wikipedia...

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Kincaid's Hamburgers: Homestyle Burgers

by ATXtraveler Updated Oct 5, 2008

If you are looking for a break from the monotony of hamburger and fry places, then you will want to step back in time when you enter Kincaid's. Originally established in 1946, this burger joint is well known for its family style seating, and everyday down home greasy spoon diner type cooking. Calorie watchers need to pass on by when they see this place, because their taste buds would likely go into sensory overload when you take your first bite here. There is not a ton of choices on the menu, just choose with or without cheese and with or without chili and then add on some fries or onion rings, and you are set here. You could deviate and get a chicken sandwich or a hot dog, but when a restaurant has its best dish in its name, its best to go with that. You don't go to a steakhouse to eat a salad, you don't go to KFC for fish... so why would you eat a chicken sandwich at Kincaid's Hamburgers.

Camp Bowie Location Hours:
    Monday - Saturday : 11:00am - 8:00pm
    Sunday : Closed

Hulen Location:
    Monday - Saturday : 11:00am - 9:00pm
    Sunday : 11:00am - 7:00pm

Favorite Dish: Without a doubt, you need the cardiac combo. Chili Cheeseburger, with chili cheese french fries. Wash that bad boy down with an IBC root beer and you are going old school my friend.

Kincaid's Hamburgers

Latest: Jul 1, 2014
Candlewood Suites DFW South
Hilton Fort Worth

Instant Answers: Fort Worth

Comments

Fort Worth Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Fort Worth locals.
Map of Fort Worth