Herb Farm, Fredericksburg

Inside the Store
  • JeanetteW's Profile Photo

Disappointing

by JeanetteW Written Feb 19, 2013

First of all, let me say that the food in the Bistro was very good. (Except for cold potatoes Sunday brunch)
    We arrived Friday evening, checked into our rooms without a problem, and had a very nice dinner in the Bistro. Once we went back to the room for the evening, we found that the internet required a password, and it was nowhere on the paperwork or in the room. Since the Bistro was closed, we had to wait until the following day to get the password.
    Saturday morning, we take a shower, and find there is no soap or shower gel in the room. There were 2 bottles of lotion, 1 bottle of shampoo, and 1 bottle of conditioner.
    Saturday breakfast was again very nice.
    We had spa appointments for the day. These appointments had been made the first week of January. We had received a confirmation email with all the correct services and times. This was my birthday present! We had a very nice couples massage, followed by a facial for me, and a mani-pedi for L. I had a mani-pedi scheduled for 1:15, and he had a facial scheduled for 1:45. No one came to get me for the mani-pedi, so when they came to get L for his facial, we asked. I was told that a “mistake” had been made when it was entered into the computer and I could not be accommodated. Since we had booked our appointments, all the others had filled up. First of all, I booked my appointment BEFORE the others, and I should not have been the one bumped. Second of all, I feel like I was bumped to accommodate a couple who wanted a couples mani-pedi. I am very unhappy, and so is L.
    After this, I went back to the cottage to take a shower. Room service had once again failed to leave any soap or shower gel, so I went to the Bistro and asked. The young lady there insisted you didn’t provide either. I asked “how am I supposed to wash my body when I take a shower then?” She then proceeded to answer a phone call, and accommodate the person on the phone. Proper etiquette would have been to place the call on hold, and finish her conversation with me. After she hung up, she said “Oh, yeah, what did you need?” She finally called someone, and they agreed to bring some shower gel to the room. This whole scenario is ridiculous. I was absolutely flabbergasted.
    Sunday brunch was good, except for the cold potatoes. No one asked us how our food was, so I didn’t have the opportunity to complain.
    I expected a much nicer experience than I received.
    I sent them an email outlining this. Of course, the person who responded was the young lady who had given me a hard time about the shower gel. So as you can imagine, she just defended her behavior.

• Cinger55's Profile Photo

Herb Farm

by Cinger55 Updated Jun 2, 2011

"The New, Improved, Enlarged and Completely Different Herb Farm" - that's what they should rename it. Seriously, if you visited the Herb Farm before, or even in the not so distant past, you will have trouble recognizing your former haunt. Now billing itself as a "destination spa", the Herb Farm should rightly call itself the Herb Compound. With it's new, 5000 sq ft Nature's Spa, swanky cabins modeled after the traditional "Sunday" houses built by the German settlers of this area, and enlarged "Rock House Bistro" restaurant, the Farm has grown, but still offers a peaceful retreat from the busy downtown area of Main Street Fredericksburg.

• Spa and Resort
    • Women's Travel

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Visit the Herb Farm

by 807Wheaton Written Mar 30, 2008

Herb Farm Store

We went out to the Herb Farm after dinner in the evening. It was very inviting and cozy. We enjoyed looking at the selection of Personal and Bath products, gourmet food, herbs, candles and soap in their store. They have a gourmet restaurant there that serves food a la carte.
    They also have a Day Spa and a Bed & Breakfast.

• Seniors

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Fredericksburg Herb Farm

by VeronicaG Updated Nov 14, 2007

The Fredericksburg Herb Farm raises herbs and flowers for the home and garden, for the kitchen and the bath. All are grown organically.

In the gift shop, you'll discover assorted bath lotions, oils, cleansers, colognes and room fresheners created from herbs. The most luscious scent fills the room--like Patchouli and Sandalwood. A Day Spa is available to give massages . There is also a B&B on the grounds.

picture 2 Gift Shop
    picture 3 Day Spa

We investigated the herb garden and followed narrow pathways to small plots behind aged wooden gates (pictures 4 & 5). A windmill stood tall in the midst of a circular garden. A porch swing provided additional seating outside.

The Herb Farm's restaurant serves up fresh and healthy meals. The four of us sampled lunch on the shady outdoor deck. See my restaurant tip for more on this.

It was such a beautiful afternoon that we lingered as long as we wanted before moving on--what a gorgeous Fall day!

• Seniors
    • Singles

Instant Answers: Fredericksburg

Comments

View all Fredericksburg hotels