Places to eat in Frisco

by virtualling

Most Viewed Restaurants in Frisco

Hacienda: Cowhide Tablecloths

by DEBBBEDB Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is a good restaurant for us because they have lots of games for children to play with while they are waiting for a table or for food. The restaurant is decorated with stags heads, antlers, wagon wheels and a large stuffed bear. The tables are covered with black and white fake cowhide, and you get chips to start with while you are waiting for your meal.

Favorite Dish: We like the Mexican steaks served with a cheese enchilada, rice, refried beans & tortillas from $19.99 to .$23.99, and they also have Texas style with House or Caesar salad, baked or skillet potatoes & Texas toast.

Front window Part of the dining area Employee at the order counter Child's menu Dessert menu

Buca di Beppo: Family Style

by DEBBBEDB Updated Apr 4, 2011

My father-in-law took us here to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday. My father-in-law likes this place because the decor is somewhat raunchy. There are pictures of men in speedos who basically overflow the fabric, and one of a kangaroo's balls. Some of the ones that are just pin-ups are in photo 4.

The ladies room (which my father-in-law has not seen of course and I can only imagine what is in the men's room) has framed ladies undergarments (photo 5) decorating the walls.

Favorite Dish: One of our favorites is

Apple Gorgonzola Salad
    Tart Granny Smith apples, spiced walnuts, dried cranberries and Gorgonzola cheese are tossed with fresh Romaine lettuce and our Italian vinaigrette.

Small $10.99
    Large $17.99

We ordered Lasagna

Nine towering layers of lasagna noodles stuffed with our homemade meat sauce and a savory combination of ricotta, mozzarella, provolone and Romano cheeses.

Mio $12.49
    Small $14.99
    Large $27.99

and

Spaghetti Meat Balls
    Imported Italian spaghetti with our famous half-pound mouth-watering meatballs smothered in our homemade marinara sauce.

Mio $10.49
    Small $16.99
    Large $22.99

The meat balls are huge.

We had enough to eat so that we packed some of it up to take home.

Front door FIL, daughter and husband FIL taking a photo with his cell phone Photos and decor Exhibit in the ladies room
    • Seniors

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

The Hacienda Ranch: Fresh Tortillas

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

After we visited Fort Worth, we went to La Hacienda for dinner. There are four of these in the Dallas area. In addition to Frisco and North Dallas, there is a La Hacienda in Colleyville and Carrollton.

Favorite Dish: In addition to steaks, they have

King Ranch Shrimp
    Mesquite-grilled shrimp filled with Cotija cheese and jalapeno, wrapped in bacon. Spanish rice and drunken beans. 19.99

Grilled Farm - Raised CatfishTM
    Seasoned catfish filet, cooked on a flat grill (not fried), rice, grilled veggies, pico & green tomatillo dipping sauce. 12.99

Chicken TampiquenaTM
    Chicken breast with sauteed onion, poblano and tomato, cheese enchilada, guacamole, rice & beans. 12.99

Chicken LightTM
    Grilled chicken breast, rice, grilled veggies, pico & salad. 11.99

They also served margaritas, trail blazers (appetizers), tex-mex combos, and fajitas,

There is a children's menu and they have party rooms and cater.

I had a pecan praline ($1.79) for dessert..

Bob at a table Front of menu and inside restaurant Granddaughter in waiting room Granddaughter waiting for food Chandelier

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Christina's Fine Mexican Restaurant: BEST Enchiladas in Dallas!

by msbrandysue Written Jun 13, 2008

This is one of those restaurants where you really can't go wrong. It has anything you would ever want from drinks to food. From enchiladas to tacos, mariscos to fajitas, it's all fantastic. It's particularly hopping on Friday afternoons for happy hour and dinner.

I have eaten at the ones in Addison and Lewisville and find them equal in service and taste.

The ambience is very open, cocktail hour, sometimes loud, usually a group or two is having a good time.

I just don't have the skills to tell you how good the food is. Chips and hot sauce are free! So, try it and enjoy!

Favorite Dish: I always get the enchiladas!! I usually get two chicken enchiladas in sour cream sauce and one cheese enchilada (no onions) with queso sauce. It also comes with beans and rice.

When I'm feeling good I get a nice house margarita :D

This is the one in Addison

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Taco Bueno: Best Fast Food

by msbrandysue Updated Jun 12, 2008

Yes, America is all about fast food. It's cheap, fast, and easy! While in Frisco I always make sure to stop at Taco Bueno!! It is great tex-mex food with a lower price. Although loaded in calories I always save one meal to splurge and this is definitely the one!

*No alcohol is available like some places around here though.

Favorite Dish: My favorite meal is the Mucho Nachos (without the chili sauce or refried beans) with a soft beef taco. It is enough for two people, unless you're really hungry!! They put plenty of queso and tomatos on top which I always enjoy. However, because of all the the toppings some of the chips lose their crunch. I love it!! My mom hates nachos like that so be advised!

The tacos both hard and crispy are fantastic. I've heard the tortilla soup is great, although it's usually only available in the colder months. The mexi-dip is also great. You get beans, guacamole, and a cheese puff to dip your chips in.

• virtualling's Profile Photo

Sheridan Lattes & Frozen Custard: Frozen warm treat

by virtualling Written Apr 12, 2008

I was on on my way to Alfred Angelo, a bridal store and I noticed a long queue at this drag. It was about 7pm then. I thought I had to check it out some time. The next time I was at Frisco, I made it a point to stop by that place. There were a few customers sitting at the tables and a few guys at the counter making their orders.
    I went on to browse the menu on the wall. Got in the queue, made my order and waited about 10 minutes for my thick and velvety treat. I told myself I had to go back for more. And so I did :D

Buck A Roo Mocha Almond

Gloria's: Between Plano and Frisco

by DEBBBEDB Updated Feb 21, 2008

This is a tex-mex restaurant with a bar area and seating for large groups. It is a chain, although not one of the usual ones.

On the last day that my parents were here, my dad wanted to take us out to dinner. My husband was working late, so he met us here because we weren't sure when he could get free, and this was closer to his work than some other places that we''d gone.

Favorite Dish: Since our three children were with us, the child's menu was important. In includes (in addition to the usual chicken fingers and french fries

Child's enchilada of choice (one of the children had this)
    Grilled Chicken Breast
    Grilled Flank Steak
    Bean and cheese Nachos
    Bean and Cheese Quesadillas

My husband likes the fish tacos.

Gloria's sign at night

Thu: 5:30am – 12am
    Fri: 5:30am – 12am
    Sat: 5:30am – 12am
    Sun: 5:30am – 11pm

Favorite Dish: My son absolutely hates donuts, which I can NOT understand. But my daughter who is very thin and tiny does like them, so when it was her birthday I took her here as part of the celebration.

Daughter

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Gloria's: Locations in Texas

by grandmaR Updated Feb 19, 2008

On our last night, we decided to take our daughter's family out to dinner and we picked this place because our SIL was coming from work and this was nearer to where he worked. The place was quite dark (hard to take photos), and somewhat noisy, but the service was good and they brought the kids their dinners right away.

After we ate here, I found out that this is a Texas chain with several locations in TX

Favorite Dish: Between us the four adults had:

Sour cream enchiladas $11.95
    Beef enchiladas $11.95
    Spinach Quesadillas $7.00
    Fish Tacos $13.95

The children had a child enchilada, chicken fingers and fries

The total bill was $65.76 before tip.

Bar area Salsa and chips Spinach quesadilla $7.00 Sign on top of the restaurant Part of the menu

The Cheesecake Factory

by keeweechic Written Jul 16, 2003

The Cheesecake Factory doesn’t only sell cheesecakes, it also serves a menu with over 200 selections which include Appetizers, Pizza, Pasta, Seafood, Steaks, Salads, Sandwiches as well as speciality dishes like Chicken Madeira, Miso Salmon, Cajun Jambalaya Pasta, and The Factory Burger. Their entire menu can also be ordered and taken out.

There is complimentary Valet parking with your dinner receipt and you can find them on the level below the restaurant.

The are open : Mon – Thurs 11:00 am - 11:00 pm, Fri – Sat 11:00 am - 12:30 am, Sun 10:00 am - 10:00 pm

Stonebriar Mall Food Court

by keeweechic Updated Jul 16, 2003

Some of the food stores at the food court include : Manchu Wok, Sonic, Chick-Fil-A; Cajun Big Easy, to name only a few and also a Starbucks Coffee close by.

There is an old fashioned styled carnival merry-go-round plus a soft playing area for children right next to the food court area on the top floor. It looked like the adults were enjoying it just as much as the kids.

Texas Stardom

by keeweechic Written Jul 16, 2003

This restaurant is right opposite the Dr Pepper’s ballpark and is popular for pre-game dining – or post-game drinks. There are murals which feature Cowboy and Indian scenes as well as framed sports memorabilia which is displayed in the bar and main entrance. There is also a separate video game area which features pool tables, shuffle board, arcade games and National Trivia Network.

Happy Hour is Monday - Friday from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm with live entertainment every Friday and Saturday night.

Favorite Dish: The menu varies from pasta, regional dishes, the grill, burgers, seafood, soups and sandwiches and desserts. There is also quite a long list of appetizers.

Dave and Busters

by keeweechic Written Jul 16, 2003

Dave and Busters started over 20 years ago and is quite unique in the fact that it not only has good food and drink but also the latest interactive games and simulators.

The menu includes a choice of seafood, steaks, pastas to traditional fare like pizza, ribs, and burgers. The dining area is separate to the gaming area so its not noisy. There are multiple bars throughout the restaurant and you can take your drinks into the gaming area.

• Kodi01's Profile Photo

Colters' Texas Bar-b-q or Sonny Bryan's

by Kodi01 Updated Feb 19, 2003

There are two barbeque restaraunts I would recommend which is Colters Bar-b-q and also Sonnys Bar-b-q.

I am not a big fan of the bbq, I like the Mexican food and Texas steaks much better.

Favorite Dish: I apologize but you have to really enlarge most of these pics to see the details.

THERE IS A DOG (statue) outside the front door, I guess waiting for the doggie bag.

Randy White’s Hall of Fame Barbecue: A Moving Experience

by DEBBBEDB Written Feb 19, 2008

This is a picture of the old Randy White's BBQ. We've eaten here but it wasn't very good so we have not been back. Since I took this picture, they have moved to the address below.

Randy White's Old Building

Frisco Hotels

Latest Frisco Hotel Reviews

Holiday Inn Frisco (Plano/Stonebriar)
Latest: Jul 1, 2014
The Westin Stonebriar Resort North Dallas
Latest: Jul 5, 2014
Hampton Inn & Suites Frisco-Legacy Park, TX
Latest: Jun 27, 2014
Holiday Inn Express Suites Frisco
Latest: Jun 27, 2014

Instant Answers: Frisco

Comments

Frisco Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Frisco locals.
Map of Frisco