Gainesville Restaurants

Tasty delights!
    The Fried Pie Co. Restaurant

Most Recent Restaurants in Gainesville

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Fried Pie Company: For Fried Pie!

by VeronicaG Updated Jun 4, 2010

The Fried Pie Co. Restaurant

UPDATE: Memorial Day weekend gave us the opportunity to drive through Gainesville and we did not miss the opportunity to sample the famous pies of the Fried Pie Cafe*. Choices were blueberry, dutch apple, pineapple, strawberry, coconut, cherry, pecan and others (pics 2 & 3). After smacking our lips in pleasure, we wondered what had taken us so long to visit! Average price per pie was about $2.99.

I wish I could say I have eaten at this restaurant, but I can't!! Each time we've driven to Gainesville, it's been too late to try one of their FAMOUS Fried Pies because they only serve breakfast and lunch here.

I've heard that family members living out of town request these tasty treats--also, they sell out of the most popular pies quickly! One of these weekends, we're going to wake up early and be on the road before these fried pies are even cooled off!

*located at Commerce and Main Streets

Favorite Dish: We've heard their fried pies are absolutely delish!

• Singles

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

The Main Street Pub and Eatery: Simple, but Delicious Fare

by VeronicaG Updated Dec 30, 2006

As we progressed from house to house on the Christmas Home Tour, we found ourselves getting hungry, so asked for a recommendation on where to eat dinner since it was pushing 8:30 pm. We were directed to The Main Street Pub and Eatery.

We bumped into some very nice folks we met while touring the homes and were invited to join their table. It was enjoyable discussing the evening's highlights!

I ordered Baked Pasta, which was nestled in a marinara sauce and topped with several cheeses, which made a crispy topping and delectable entree. We were so happy to rest our feet and enjoy a tasty meal and pleasant conversation.

A bar offering counter seating was on the opposite end of the dining area.

Favorite Dish: Recommended as a great place to eat--especially for fish

• Singles
    • Women's Travel
    • Seniors

Instant Answers: Gainesville

Comments

Gainesville Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Gainesville restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Gainesville sightseeing.