Gonzales Restaurants

• barbipez's Profile Photo

Matamoros's Taco Hut: Amazing Mexican food

by barbipez Written Aug 27, 2003

Mexican.
    restaurant owned by family for a long time
    they cook the food well, serve it hot and in good portions
    i always make a trip there when i'm in town.

Favorite Dish: two faves

robert's special breakfast taco - a little bit of everything

the quesidillas
    it's in a fried large taco like shell...hard to explain...mouth watering, delicious

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

The Ranchito Taqueria

by keeweechic Updated Oct 28, 2002

The Ranchito Taqueria was a great little find. We had driven from Shiner having given up looking for lunch there and Gonzales was looking to be fast food and closed bakeries when we spotted this place. My usual small appetite wasn't searching for much and I thought a small burrito would suit me fine... small?? This is Texas after all !! I left with the usual doggy bag.

Favorite Dish: Our order was 1 Chicken Burrito (for me)which was filled with lettuce, tomato, corn and cheese - absolutely delicious, one of the best I have tasted but HUGE!!! half was enough, and the Chicken Fajitas which was also very good. The Burrito was only $2.10... blew me away for the size of it. Very very reasonable. A bit of Mexican t.v. going on in the background and the owners little daughters in their fairy costumes, flitting about.

Instant Answers: Gonzales

Comments

Gonzales Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Gonzales restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Gonzales sightseeing.