Copeland Home, Grand Prairie
This house is on the original town site and was built in 1902 by BP Hale and his wife Ruth. In 1908 the house was purchased by Dr H.V. Copeland and his family and is known today as the Copeland Home. Originally the site was made up of 4 acres of orchard which was later gifted to the First Presbyterian Church in September 1948.
The house has beautiful oak hardwood floors and 12ft ceilings and much of the original woodwork still exists. Dr Copeland's office furniture and physicians bags are on display in the house including his desk which appears to be from the mid 1800 period. There are many restorations in store for the house in time which includes a water well, storm cellar and the replacement of the roofing with wooden shingles.