Palace of Wax, Grand Prairie

Palace Parkway and South Belt Line Road

• starrlot's Profile Photo

Halloween Carnival at the Palace of Wax

by starrlot Updated Oct 14, 2007

Ripley's Believe It or Not and LT Palace of Wax complex has really outdone themselves this Halloween season. They produced a haunted house that was implemented into their House of Wax exhibit that was truly frightening and top of the line. The actors put on some excellent scares and their scenes were really scary being that you did not know what was real or what was wax.

We were going to go to Screams Park, but after hearing comments from others in line with us at the carnival, we decided to spend the night at Ripley's because everyone was in agreement, this haunted house was the best in the DFW area.

Ripley's even had their Hall of Mirrors (so much fun) and their Believe It or Not museum open, along with their snack bar, wax hands stand and gift shop open. So get ready to be scared and go through their haunted house, then try to avoid the creepy clown who follows you through the Hall of Mirrors and look at all of bizarre exhibits in Ripley's Believe It or Not. Best of all, it is all handicapped friendly! The staff are friendly and are very helpful.

I particularly loved the dead pirate who stalked me to my car only to pop up at my window to give me one last scare!!

Don't forget to get your hand done in wax, and stop by the gift shop for some goodies (although most are cheap and tacky, I recommend the Ripley's Believe It or Not books and Invisible Ink books that bring back memories of childhood).

• Disabilities

Instant Answers: Grand Prairie

Comments

View all Grand Prairie hotels