Grapevine Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by msbrandysue
  • Restaurants
    by VeronicaG
    Mac's fruit and pastry bar
    by VeronicaG

Most Recent Restaurants in Grapevine

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Schlotzsky's: My Favorite Sandwich!

by msbrandysue Updated Dec 30, 2012

Schlotzsky’s is one of my very favorite places to eat. It’s a sandwich shop that you can take out or eat in the shop with plenty of tables always available. It’s a bit pricier ($6-7 for a sandwich) than most other sandwich shops but definitely worth it.

It's a place where you order at the counter, then wait for your food and pick it up when they call your number. It's very casual and I'm sure you'll love the food!

Hours of operation
    Mon-Fri: 8:30am-10:00pm; Sat: 9:00am-10:00p

Also includes a Cinnabon inside

Favorite Dish: The highlight is the sandwiches. They make it with thick sourdough bread and very thinly sliced meat. Then they sprinkle cheese (the best is a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella) on one piece of bread and run it through an oven conveyor belt. Therefore the sandwich is warm and very tasty. The Original is their signature sandwich and comes with: “Home of The Original® Sandwich. Lean smoked ham, Genoa and cotto salamis, and melted cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses layered with black olives, red onion, lettuce, tomato, mustard and our signature dressing on toasted Sourdough bread.” (From the website.)

Their sandwiches are quite large. I’ve never ordered a large, the mediums are quite enough when you’re at your hungriest.

Their original chips are delicious! Their pizzas are as well. The cheese and pizza is definitely worth trying, also cooked on a sourdough. The bbq chicken looks just as good but it’s hard not to get my favorite sandwich, the turkey and cheese.

• South Prarie Oyster Bar: Huge Fresh Oysters

by rockycomfort Updated Apr 4, 2011

A local joint with great eats! Probably seats 20 b/t the small bar (about 6 types beer--try the Shiner or Modelo Especial in bottles) and 5 booths; 2 outside tables on a pretty busy (ie-traffic) street. The oysters are darn good- - XXL, They were about $1. each for a dozen, but that dozen fills an entire beer tray. The fried olives are different, good, but high priced @ $6.25. The fries are tasty. The fried oysters were dwarfs, not sure about those. We really kept going for the raw ones, many visits. Fresh homemade cakes daily. Try this place.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Mac's American Grill: Begin with their fruit and pastry bar!

by VeronicaG Updated Nov 14, 2009

Mac's American Grill* offered a great start to Sunday brunch, a fruit and pastry bar. Our favorite tidbit from the bar: mini-cinnamon rolls baked fresh and warm from the oven! Umm, delicious! The assorted fruit offered was perfectly ripe and tasty, as well.

The dining room was nicely decorated,spacious and arranged in sections, so as not to feel cavernous. Our waitress was adept at her job, in bringing out our tea/coffee and taking our orders promptly.

The wonderful brunch menu listed items such as:

Eggs benedict $11.05
    Huevos Rancheros $10.75
    Mushroom and Spinach Omelet $10.75
    Steak and Eggs $17.75

Once you're shown your table, waste little time before sampling the fruit and pastry bar. You can go as many times as you like. I noticed some plates were piled high with those yummy mini-cinnamon rolls!Your meal order will be taken from the menu.

There was a steady stream of people going in and out of Macs when we visited, testifying to the popularity of their Sunday brunch. Brunch hours are 9:30am-2:30pm. We were very happy with our meals!

*Mac's American Grill is actually in Colleyville, Texas but since I don't have a page for that I am placing it in Grapevine's page.

Mac's fruit and pastry bar Mac's

• Edohana: Superior Sushi

by rockycomfort Updated Mar 18, 2009

This is THE place for sushi/sahimi/roe. The rolls are fresh & large. A super deal @ lunch, many are about 2/3 price. Closed for lunch only on Sat./Sun, though. The freshness and "sea-ness" of the raw foods were what really struck my wife & I. After all, this place is not near the fishing grounds (not much sashimi comes from the Gulf). Try the roe appetizer served in lg. martini glass w/uni & 4 colors/tastes of smelt roes (omit the green wasabi-flavored one per your tastes). Even the saba was outstanding. Some other raters gave low marks...can't understand why? We visited here a lot during our week-long stay.

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Taco Bueno: Best Fast Food

by msbrandysue Written Jun 12, 2008

Yes, America is all about fast food. It's cheap, fast, and easy! While in Grapevine I always make sure to stop at Taco Bueno!! It is great tex-mex food with a lower price. Although loaded in calories I always save one meal to splurge and this is definitely the one!

*No alcohol is available like some places around here though.

Favorite Dish: My favorite meal is the Mucho Nachos (without the chili sauce or refried beans) with a soft beef taco. It is enough for two people, unless you're really hungry!! They put plenty of queso and tomatos on top which I always enjoy. However, because of all the the toppings some of the chips lose their crunch. I love it!! My mom hates nachos like that so be advised!

The tacos both hard and crispy are fantastic. I've heard the tortilla soup is great, although it's usually only available in the colder months. The mexi-dip is also great. You get beans, guacamole, and a cheese puff to dip your chips in.

Rainforest Cafe: A Touch of the Tropical

by VeronicaG Updated Apr 25, 2008

The Rainforest Cafe is always a hit with the kids! The tropical decor and animated animals make it a great place for lunch or dinner. Of course, you usually have to nagivate the gift shop first where there are lots of cute toys within.

While the grandkids were staying with us we dined at this restaurant three times in two different locations. A kid-size cheese pizza and a plate of three mini burgers cost $5.99 each. Adults entrees tend to be more expensive: chicken quesadilla $8.99 and Chicken Caesar Salad about $13.99, I believe.

For those unfamiliar with this chain, you'll experience a thunderstorm during your time here, as well as, see the animals seemingly come to life. I highly recommend it for kids!

Rainforest Cafe Animals in Jungle Mode Welcome to the Rainforest!

Bob's Steak and Chop House: Upscale, Steak Restaurant

by VeronicaG Updated Apr 25, 2008

I had heard very complimentary things about Bob's Steak and Chop House, but we didn't experience it first hand until attending a retirement party there last week.

As we pulled up to the restaurant, valet service took our car and we blew into the building. It was very windy that evening! Our group of 30 people were led to a small room at one end of the restaurant--it was cozy and felt quite private.

Happily, we didn't have a set menu, but were able to order as we pleased, which I thought was very nice! I chose the small filet mignon capped with a portobello mushroom and drizzled with a mushroom sauce, garlic "smashed" potatoes, green beans and a half size tossed salad. The meal was delectable! My husband ordered the salmon with baked potato and vegetables--he ate every bite!

The service was impeccable. Our waiter stood by our table attentively, anticipating our every need....whisking our plates away swiftly, yet quietly. I highly recommend Bob's Steak and Chop House for an excellent repast and great service.

Bob's Steak and Chop House

Esparza's: Popular Mexican Restaurant

by VeronicaG Updated Feb 28, 2008

Someone recommended Esparza's when we were actually asking for directions to another restaurant in Grapevine. We were told, "You won't regret stopping by.

We glimpsed many people gathered outside sipping drinks and engaged in animated conversation on the patio. The friendly atmosphere snagged us!

Dining outdoors would have been nice, but we were told that only drinks were served on the patio, so were escorted to our table.

After viewing the extensive menu, my husband and I ordered Chicken Flautus ($8.99) which consisted of shredded chicken in a crispy corn tortilla with refried beans and ranchero sauce accompanied by guacamole and sour cream. It was very good!

Other entrees served are:

Chicken Chimichunga ($8.99)-a flour tortilla stuffed with chicken deep fried, accompanied by ranchero sauce with refried beans

Seafood Tostadas ($10.99)-a sauteed crabmeat blend with shrimp, bell peppers, onions on two flour tortillas

Pollo Poblano ($9.99)-grilled chicken breast topped with slices of poblano pepper, monterey jack cheese and ranchero sauce.

Complimentary nachos and salsa were brought to the table before ordering.

Their menu stated, "Famous for Tex-Mex; Notorious for Margaritas"

Favorite Dish: Chicken Flautus!

provided by website

Cafe Italia: Italian Restaurant

by VeronicaG Updated Feb 23, 2008

There are a few restaurants within the Metroplex we enjoy frequenting when we have the craving for Italian food--Cafe Italia is one of these.

This intimate-sized restaurant on the outskirts of Grapevine offers a fairly extensive menu. My usual choice is either Rigatoni with Vodka Sauce or the Chicken Fettucine Alfredo--both are excellent. The meals include salad and rolls. Cannoli for dessert would be a wise choice!

It's byob, so don't hesitate to bring your own wine if desired. Our most recent dining experience was a pleasant one with friends. We were served promptly, enabling us to head to Grapevine's Palace Theatre for a Friday night show in plenty of time!

Cafe Italian also has another restaurant in Grapevine at 2631 Ira E. Woods.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Let's Pretend Tea Parties and Tea Room: Two for Tea?

by VeronicaG Updated Feb 20, 2008

I'm not a coffee lover, but I do enjoy tea. I especially enjoy tearooms! This particular one has changed names a couple times and was formerly known as Grapevine Tea Room and Willow Cottage Tea Room.

Let's Pretend Tea Parties and Tea Room is a pleasant place to celebrate, whether it's a special occasion or not. I think a visit is particularly nice when it's for a birthday, so I invited my friend, Janice, to go there for hers.

As we entered the tea room, we noticed pretty curtains used as focal points on the wall. Some were chintz and others in subtle, petite prints with silk rose tiebacks. Glass-topped tables were draped in floral tablecloths and white wainscoting accented the pretty pink walls. This tearoom definitely exuded femininity. China teapots as centerpieces held a bouquet of flowers at each table. Unique teapot-style lamps lit the tables.

We each ordered the Trio Salad for $8.95--there were several choices of salads, three to be chosen. I selected Pasta Salad, Chicken Salad and a Signature Salad which included pecans. Other choices could include pimiento salad and fruit salad. We agreed that our selection was delicious! Walk-in hours are Weds.-Fri. 11am-2pm.

Let's Pretend Tea parties for the younger set seem to be popular with birthday celebrations.

In Honor of a Friend's Birthday The Grapevine Tea Room Girly Girl Parties

Main Street Bread Baking Company: Bakery and Restaurant

by VeronicaG Updated Feb 18, 2008

The Main Street Bread Baking Company is a bakery, a cafe and a restaurant all blended into one very nice place to eat!

After browsing all the interesting shops along Main Street with friends or just by myself, I've enjoyed a flavorful Chicken Caesar Salad or just nibbled on a flakey piece of pastry with tea. Either way... it's a pleasant stop.

A small coffee bar is set to one side of the eatery for cozy cafe-type seating, while additional dining areas take the overflow or hold special gatherings.

The glass pastry case displays numerous samples of sugary delights. I'm sure there is something here for everyone's taste!

Main Street Bread Baking Company Fresh Baked Bread Pastries To Delight In! One of the dining areas

Unto the Glass: Texas Cafe and Wine Bar

by VeronicaG Updated Feb 18, 2008

Unto the Glass is a small gourmet cafe located along Grapevine's Main Street. This intimate sized cafe with bar serves great appetizers/tapas.

Some appetizer choices:
    Smoked Salmon & Potato Crostini ($10)
    Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Hummus ($9)
    Roasted Garlic & Goat Cheese ($9)

Oil Paintings accent the walls above the dining tables, adding an artsy appeal.

A friend and I enjoyed the Brie and Chicken Nachos starter ($10) which we shared--it was huge! This unique combination of melted brie, cranberries, chopped tomatoes, diced chicken over nachos was wonderful--watch the dried pepper flakes--wow! This makes a meal in itself and we really didn't have to order anything else, but...we did.

We ordered a chicken salad with grapes, diced tomatoes, diced chicken and small chunks of brie and I think bits of cranberries, asking that it be halved, as well. ($10) Even by doing so, our portions were a good size. I added iced tea as my beverage.

The menu includes many assorted salads:
    Warm Bacon Spinach Salad
    Shrimp Salad, Greek Salad
    Grilled Chicken Salad
    Flori's Chicken Tinga Tostatas and others.

Fried Bologna Club or Smoked Turkey Melt are just two of several sandwiches they offer.

Entrees fit for an evening meal are:
    New York Strip ($16)
    Beef Tips & Rice ($13)
    Chicken & Dumplins ($13)
    Mom's Meatloaf.

We followed our lunch with a Red Velvet Cake drizzled with sour cream and topped with berries--rich, delicious and divided between the two of us! My share of the meal was $15.

Unto the Glass

Uncle Julio's: Great New Mexican Restaurant

by VeronicaG Updated Feb 18, 2008

It seemed that half of the community was waiting for Uncle Julio's to open. Unfortunately reservations are not taken, so we drove to the Grapevine area hoping we wouldn't have to wait too long for dinner.

We arrived at nearly 7pm on a Saturday evening to a big crowd--weekends are crowded everywhere usually! After giving our name we waited two hours before being shown to our table. However, the wait wasn't too bad because lively Mexican music played nonstop on the patio and there was a friendly atmosphere as families interacted with others waiting as well.

Once seated, we enjoyed our chips and salsa. Our orders didn't take too long to be presented, but when they did come it was 9pm and we were hungry. Friends had recommended Uncle Julio's Fajitas, so that's exactly what we ordered. They were very good!

We'd recommend Uncle Julio's but suggest you try this restaurant during the week, when it's not so busy if you are traveling with young ones. There are Uncle Julio's restaurants in several locations around the Dallas area.

Favorite Dish: I think most things will be tasty-but we tried the beef fajitas. They were very tender!

Uncle Julio's

BISCUITS: A Hearty Breakfast

by VeronicaG Updated Feb 18, 2008

Biscuits is a fairly new restaurant in Grapevine which serves delicious and filling breakfasts. You'll find a spotless, no-frills restaurant that serves up a good meal--if you're hungry, stop by one morning!

When we stopped, just about every table was occupied, but we were seated quickly. After changing my mind at least twice, I selected a fried egg sunny-side-up with two strips of crisp bacon and a homemade biscuit, which was served warm and just about melted in my mouth. My husband's blueberry pancakes were light and tasty with his bacon fried just as he likes it.

After talking with the manager, we found out that this restaurant was first established in Oregon. In fact, several other BISCUITS restaurants were located there, too. Grapevine was the first venture out of Oregon. Fortunately for us!

Favorite Dish: I think any choice would be delicious!

Biscuits

LAZY BONES: Neighborhood Sports Pub and Grill

by VeronicaG Updated Feb 18, 2008

Lazy Bones is a laid back type of restaurant that is void of anything fancy on the outside, but has very good food on the inside. The interior looks like its been transported from the 50's.

Whenever I see quesadilla on the menu, I go for it! The chicken quesadilla was one of the best I've tasted ($6.95). They offer uncommon appetizers such as:

Corn Poppers (bite-sized breaded creamed corn, fried and served with ranch dressing);
    Fried Pickles (breaded, then deep fried until a golden brown) or
    Fried Mushrooms--to name a few.

Lunch items run the gamut from Cardiac Chili Cheese Burger
    Lazy Bones Wings
    Assorted Wraps
    Fish Tacos
    Philly Sandwich
    Pizza
    Catfish Platter and more

A reminder on the menu advertised: Our Famous Homemade Fried Pies are back!

Lunch specials are served Mon.-Fri. 11am-2:30 pm. I imagine this is a busy place in the evenings.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Quesadilla--I'm in a rut, but this was delicious!

Lazybones Sports Bar and Restaurant

Instant Answers: Grapevine

Comments

Grapevine Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Grapevine restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Grapevine sightseeing.