Grapevine Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by msbrandysue
  • Restaurants
    by VeronicaG
    Mac's fruit and pastry bar
    by VeronicaG

Most Recent Restaurants in Grapevine

Weinberger's: A Deli With A Past

Weinberger's Deli

Wandering around Main Street during Grapefest made us hungry and we were famished around mid-day. As we neared Weinberger's we saw every bench and table outside the deli was filled--a good indication that there is something good inside!

Inside we read a sign that amused us. In so many words we were warned...you'd better know what you want before you order otherwise you'll only be taking up time and slowing down the line!! But not to worry, we encountered very pleasant servers behind the counter.

I ordered a Chicago style Hot Dog--an all beef hot dog garnished with yellow mustard, green sweet relish, chopped onions, tomato wedge, a few peppers and flavored with celery salt and pickle. It was delish!

A nice couple shared their table with us beneath a shady umbrella. They informed us that Weinberger's was an extremely popular deli whose family has been in business since the 1950's.

Favorite Dish: Order a hot dog topped with chili, a hot pastrami or Italian meatball sub, chicken Caesar wrap, a Reuben Sandwich, chicken salad or chose from many other selections!

Salt Grass Steak House: A Taste of Texas

by VeronicaG Updated Feb 18, 2008

A Good Place For A Juicy Steak....

Salt Grass Steakhouse promotes its certified Angus beef, so that's what we order with high expectations each time we visit--we are never disappointed!

A warm slice of Beer Bread, a tossed salad, baked potato with sour cream and a side order of mushrooms always completes this terrific meal.

Lively Country Western tunes play as customers wait for their meals to be served--it adds to the atmosphere...we're in Texas afterall!

Hunting trophys and steer horns are hung throughout the restaurant, so if you are an animal lover this might bother you. I tried not to dwell on this too much and concentrate on the conversation at our table.

We noticed other Salt Grass Steakhouses in the area as we drove around Dallas. You can find them in Dallas/Ft.Worth, Houston, San Antonio and Austin. This particular steak house was located in Grapevine,Texas.

Favorite Dish: The steak was delicious and cooked perfectly to taste!

River Walk Cafe: A Glimpse of San Antonio...in Grapevine

Charming River Walk Cafe

The Gaylord Texan Resort offered several unique places in which to dine. The River Walk Cafe was designed to resemble a restaurant along the authentic river walk in San Antonio, Texas. It was quite realistic! Entertainment featured music from South of the Border and the menu held a variety of tempting entrees.

All types of breads and rolls began the buffet, then several types of cheese, followed by cold shrimp and assorted salads and raw vegetables, next came the entrees: fish, ham, beef, poultry and even pizza and quesadillas. The dessert bar had ice cream and all sorts of cakes, cookies, and sweet confections!

We bought tickets for the dinner theatre which began after the buffet. The murder mystery was presented following the meal. Likeable characters produced a wacky comedy keeping the audience laughing and involved. At the conclusion, the audience was asked to select who they thought had committed the devious deed! It was an enjoyable event.

Favorite Dish: The buffet had much to offer hungry patrons!

• Theater Travel
    • Spa and Resort

Mimi's Cafe: Terrific Breakfast; Country French Decor

by VeronicaG Updated Feb 18, 2008

Mimi's Cafe offers warm country French decor and delicious breakfasts! Although, this restaurant serves lunch and dinner, too, we always seem to land here for the first meal of the day. Just remember, lots of other people like Mimi's, too, so sometimes you wait.

Two of my favorite choices are the Breakfast Quiche ($8.29)--a mini-pie sized Quiche Lorraine with bacon and Swiss cheese with fresh fruit (red potatoes are also included, but I never opt for these). The crust was so wonderfully flaky!

Three Berry Stuffed French Toast ($7.99) is a delectable combination with cream cheese and orange marmalade filling the toast and blueberries, strawberries and raspberry puree topping. Eggs, bacon or sausage and OJ are included, but I never include these...it's just too much.

On our first visit to Mimi's we were given four luscious muffins to take home to enjoy--complimentary! These are nice people!

• Seniors
    • Singles

• Tin Spirits: Dinner Fabulous and Music Awesome!

by danidallas Written Jan 26, 2008

I live in the Dallas area and thought I'd venture out with some friends who live in Grapevine. We decided to eat at Tin Spirits and then stay for the live music! I had never been before, but my friends go a lot. The food was great! They had steaks, chicken, seafood, pastas, salads and even gourmet sandwiches. We actually started with the Tin Tray so I could try more than just one appetizer. When they brought it out all our eyes got wide!! This was a huge platter with 4 different items. Calamari, Bruschetta, Stuffed Mushrooms and Fried Alligator Tails. It was so good! Dinner was just as delicious- I was very pleased! The best part about it is that I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted and the waiter was very helpful and really knew the menu. He helped me finally make a decision that hit the spot! We made sure to get there a little early so that we could have a good seat and also eat before the live band started. By the time we were finished and stuffed we just sat back and enjoyed the awesome band. I think the band this night was the Josh Daniels Band. I will definately go back- this was worth the trip.

• Music
    • Business Travel

• etfromnc's Profile Photo

Bartley's Bar-B-Q: A good intro to Texas cuisine

by etfromnc Updated Jan 22, 2007

There are some fancy restaurants in Grapevine (mostly at the recently developed resort hotels) and some not worth the mention, but if you are new to Texas and want an excellent introduction to that special type of bar-b-q indigenous to Texas, stop by Bartley's. It is a storefront type eatery in a L-shaped strip mall. The fare is very good but not fancy. Perhaps the best part of the restaurant is the staff. For example, the last time I was there, Casey Wilkinson, the catering manager, was on her way to a meeting to plan a wedding reception. As she walked by my table, she asked how I was enjoyng my meal. After telling her that it was fine, I also asked a question about a new dessert which I had not seen before, anywhere. She stopped, pulled up a chair, and gave me a detailed history of how they had developed that particular dish. The serving format is cafeteria-style so you do not have to wait on wait staff to bring you a menu, come back to take your order, and then wait again for your food. The down-side of cafeteria service is often that the food gets dry or otherwise unpalatable. I have not found that to be the case at Bartley's. The staff behind the serving line are also very hospitable and patient with those of us who have trouble making up our minds as to what we want to eat.
    They have been in business since 1968, a pretty good tribute to a family owned restaurant, especially in an area which is growing as fast as the DFW Metroplex is.

Favorite Dish: Bar-b-q, of course. Since Carolininas often have trouble thinking of barbecue as anything other than pork, I think that mesquite-smoked beef bar-b-q is my favorite and Bartley's does a great job of it.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Willhoite's Restaurant

by keeweechic Written Jun 19, 2004

Wilhoites is open for lunch and dinner. On the menu is choices like Taco Tater, Chicken Plate, beef plate, chilli bowl, old fashion burgers, sandwiches and clubs, chicken fried steak, ribeye, bacon wrapped tenderloin as well as an ‘all you can eat Texas Country Buffet’.

They also serve a Sunday brunch from 10.30 to 2.00pm. Tuesday through to Saturday there is live entertainment. Looks like a pretty popular place.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Rainforest Cafe

by keeweechic Written Jun 19, 2004

Inside this restaurant is a realistic indoor rain forest which includes a giant aquarium and waterfalls. Everything is very much within the theme of the Rainforest. There are hand carved animal stools, or you can dine under a mushroom. There is even a starry night sky in the celestial dome.

On the menu are choices from Mexico, the Caribbean and Asia. Again all the meals and drinks have the rainforest theme.

• principesa's Profile Photo

Edohana Hibachi &...

by principesa Updated Aug 26, 2002

Edohana Hibachi & Sushi
    Japanese Restaurant
    excellent sushi for a good price... very nice atmosphere and exceptional service!

Favorite Dish: SUSHI!!!... crunchy roll, philadelphia roll centipede roll, & 114 roll

• Main Street Bread Baking...

by mleiffer Written Aug 25, 2002

Main Street Bread Baking Company
    The restaurant has original paintings (mostly of scenes in Europe) which are available for purchase.

Instant Answers: Grapevine

Comments

Grapevine Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Grapevine restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Grapevine sightseeing.