Know about this? Rate It!
One of the disapointments of the visit was that the stop at the Missile park at the end tour was canceled because a thunderstorm was moving into the area. I did get this distant shot of the rocket from the trolley that you ride on in the tour.
Johnson Space Center
The Johnson Space Center is about 27miles south of Houston just off of Interstate Highway 45. This is not a museum...this is the real thing. Currently, you can see testing done on Space Lab or Shuttle modules.
When you enter the center, expect to pay $4 for parking. You will then enter an area that is a bit of a theme park...adults $16.95. You can see a film presentation or play many games simulating space travel.
You can then take one of two tours on a trolley system which takes you to the astronaut testing area or to the space lab area.
Space Center Houston at NASA...
Space Center Houston at NASA is one of the nicest places to visit in Houston that is actually in Clear Lake (south of downtown Houston). The nickname 'Space City' comes to life at NASA. Space Center Houston's 183,000-square-foot building houses a full-size mock-up of the space shuttle and a Lunar Excursion Module trainer used by Apollo astronauts. Kids (and adults) can hop on the Lunar Rover, direct the space shuttle and build rockets. Spacesuits dating back to the first lunar trip are exhibited along with the largest collection of moon rocks on Earth. For more info go to www.spacecenter.org .
It is located at 1601 NASA road 1 in Houston, 77058-3145. Their phone#: 281-244-2100
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Houston Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Puerto Galera
- Kathmandu Hotels
- Amritsar Hotels
- Punggol Hotels
- Hallstatt Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path