Public Transportation, Houston

Know about this? Rate It!

METRORail
    by iwys
    METRORail
    by iwys
  • Public Transportation
    by msbrandysue
  • crodri1's Profile Photo

Houston has mass transit??

by crodri1 Updated Apr 18, 2007

The only mass transit type of transportation that Houston offers is by bus. As a tourist, this not a convenient way to get around because its not made for tourists.

There's a new tram that run between the medical district and downtown, but again this is not in any way helpful to tourists.

A rental car is really the only option.

• Segolily's Profile Photo

Lynchburg Ferry

by Segolily Written Mar 4, 2009
    The Lynchburg ferry

We came in from the north east of town and were headed to San Jacinto Monument. The Lynchburg ferry was the quickest way to get there. It is not built for heavy duty traffic. This is a little town in an out of the way spot. The day we arrived some coast guard type people were doing a mandatory vehicle check. I'm sorry, I can't remember how much it cost. If I find something I will change this entry. On this Friday morning it wasn't a very long wait, at least while we were there. We had just missed it so had to wait about 15 min for the next one, then about 15 min before we took off. I think it holds about 10 vehicles? We got to get up close and personal with some very large Ship as this does take you across the Houston Shipping channel. We asked and the pilot said that yes, there have been times where they contact, but obviously they try to time things so that doesn't happen. This is just the sort of small local experience that we love to have.

Instant Answers: Houston