Know about this?
If you have read this far you...
If you have read this far you would not be entirely remiss in concluding that in the case of Houston, this heading is something of a redundancy. Nevertheless, as long we're here, you might as well know that the oppressive heat and generally insular, narrow-minded, and unimaginative mentality (Houston's motto should be 'Think INSIDE the box') seems to dampen many of aggressive tendencies found among the members of the population in other cities. Europeans and others familiar with the term 'provincial' may understand what I mean. The only thing which will excite in the typical Houstonian is taking his parking space - or criticism of Houston. Then you have a lot of huffing and puffing on your hands, and only occasionally anything more threatening. Who you really should be wary of are those of Houston's denizens who rank among the wiliest and slickest operators on Earth (and thus have the rest of the overfed and somnolent population at their mercy): Energy Traders (Enron & Dynegy are/were both headquartered here), Real Estate Developers, Public Works Contractors, Lawyers, and other shady characters best distinguished by their expensive suits, luxury cars, high-flown spending, and frequent trips to destinations OUT OF TOWN (remember, these are the smartest people around here).
Here we are looking at Enron...
Here we are looking at Enron headquarters. When visiting, watch out for falling stock prices and suicidal CEO's!
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Houston Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Orinoco Hotels
- Pulau Sapangar Hotels
- Hallandale Hotels
- Pinellas Park Hotels
- Nesebar Warnings and Dangers
- Historic Centre: not always a safe place!
- Safety in Ottawa
- Paisley Warnings and Dangers
- Lalibela Warnings and Dangers
- Lome Warnings and Dangers
- Underground Parking
- Sierra Vista Warnings and Dangers
- Driving in Phoenix
- Zanzibar Island Warnings and Dangers