Irving Restaurants

by VeronicaG
    Santa Fe inspired dining room
    by VeronicaG
  • Bob inside (on left in black) paying the bill
    Bob inside (on left in black) paying the...
    by grandmaR

Most Recent Restaurants in Irving

Cool River Cafe: A Very Cool Place To Dine

by VeronicaG Updated May 2, 2008

Cool River Cafe

Maybe its the sparkling white linen tablecloths, the romantic candlelight at your table; the superb service or excellent entrees that all combine to create a wonderful place to dine--whatever it is, Cool River has got it.

Our last visit was for a business dinner and as usual the food was sublime. We asked for a mixed appetizer tray--crab cakes, spinach/artichoke dip with nachos and sauteed shrimp...all delectable and enjoyed with a glass of Pinot Grigio! We moved on to a Caesar caliente salad (not spicey at all), then onto the perfectly cooked filet mignon. My husband talked me into sharing a dulce a leche cheesecake with him for dessert, which was light and creamy.

Cool River has live entertainment Thursday-Saturday evenings and from the looks of it is very popular! Sports Bar/Lounge and billiards available, as well.

Favorite Dish: Everything we've ordered has been terrific!

The Waterfront Cafe: Eatery by the Mandalay Canal

Outdoor eating at The Waterfront Cafe

It was a Federal holiday when we stopped for lunch at The Waterfront Cafe, so there was no crowd. Business depends primarily on the corporate trade which was off for the day. Owner Teymoor Rashid was a very pleasant fellow and we enjoyed conversing with him.

I ordered Fish n' Chips with a beverage totaling $5.99; my husband had the Burger special, including French Fries and a soft drink for $3.49--making the lunch a very reasonable repast. Mr. Rashid brought us orange segments as we finished our meal, which was a very nice gesture.

The menu also offered Buttermilk Pancakes for $4.49; Philly Cheesesteak for $5.99; Vegetarian Delight $5.99 or Chicken Caesar Salad for $5.99 plus many other entrees.

The Waterfront Cafe is located along the Mandalay Canal and provides a cozy outdoor dining area when weather cooperates. The interior was immaculate!

Favorite Dish: Fish 'N Chips--crispy and good!

Le Peep Grill: Casual Dining

Le Peep Grill

Le Peep is perfect for casual dining when prompt service is required. Although the restaurant did not have decaffeinated tea, which is my preference, they did have regular and decaff coffee.

My breakfast was a generous bowl of oatmeal accompanied by a fruit cup which totaled $4.19; my husband ordered the Belgian waffle $4.39, with sausages costing an additional $2.99.

The meals were hot and satisfying. We'd be happy to schedule a return visit on our next trip to the Dallas area.

Trevi: Italian at the Omni Mandalay

Trevi--Omni Mandalay Hotel

This picture of Trevi's dining room reveals a little bit of its decor. The restaurant had a Tuscan theme, apropos for an Italian restaurant. The wait staff was courteous and did not hurry us through our meal.

A basket of crisp assorted breads was brought to the table while we savored our glasses of wine. We were told that the restaurant stocked some Chilean wines.

I ordered Ravioli Formagio, delicate pillows of pasta with bolognese sauce ($16.50). My husband ordered Spaghetti Polpette Lampone, wide noodles with Alfredo sauce and meatballs ($15.50). The meal was delicious--our experience a positive one. My husband and I shared a light, fluffy raspberry cheesecake for dessert.

Jinbeh: Great Japanese Steak House

Showtime!!

Not only did we get a delicious meal at Jinbeh, but a performance, as well! Although we had to wait for a table with a grill, it was well worth it. The restaurant also had traditional tables set up to the right of this area; a bar separated these two distinct sections.

Patrons sit family style in the grilling section and the individual orders are cooked collectively. Our waiter had a flare to his cooking style, which we appreciated! I ordered Sesame chicken and shrimp with rice and chopped vegetables (mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc.) for $18.95 which was absolutely delicious!

Jinbeh is only a block from hotel Omni Mandalay.

Via Real: Upscale Mexican Cuisine

Via eal

Via Real seems like it's been plucked right from the streets of Santa Fe and that's the impression they want to convey. This upscale Mexican restaurant has a style reminiscent of that scenic New Mexican town.

We sampled their Sunday buffet, which was highlighted by several traditional Mexican dishes. However, the service is what impressed me the most. Our server, Diego, could not have been more prompt or sociable. In fact, he was commendable!

When the popular carrot cake disappeared from the pastry table, one of the staff hustled into the kitchen and brought my husband and I a generous slice of chocolate raspberry cake topped with a silky chocolate icing.

The main dining area was decorated in the Santa Fe style. A stone accent wall held nicely displayed pottery pieces. I think the atmosphere would make this a romantic place to dine. Several diners seemed to be regulars who were greeted by name--I liked that!

Here are a few listings from their dinner menu:

Chicken Monterey--a grilled chicken breast, mild goat cheese, Montery jack, sauteed spinach, poblano rice and roasted red bell pepper sauce $15.00

Filet Mignon-a 10 oz. tenderloin guajillo porto sauce, onions, golden Yukon potatoes and grilled vegetables $29.00

Pan Roasted Salmon--8 oz. filet drizzled with coconut jalapeno sauce and set on top of cilantro potatoes with herbed asparagus and Roma tomatores $19.00

Texas Bar and Grill: On the Canal

by grandmaR Written Feb 10, 2006
    From across the canal

I was intrigued by the colorful windmill outside this restaurant. I have not eaten here. According to the CofC website this restaurant is:

located in the heart of Irving's Las Colinas Urban center. The Mandalay Canal provides a picture-perfect backdrop of a quiet European village

Cafe Cipriani: On the Street

by grandmaR Updated Feb 10, 2006
    Canopy on the street

I have not eaten here, but I waited for Bob to pick me up at a bus stop next to this restaurant. The reviews of this restaurant seem positive in tone.

Their website says

Cafe Cipriani is located in the heart of beautiful Las Colinas and has been serving fine Italian cuisine since August of 1984. The menu consist of homemade pastas, chicken, veal, seafood dishes, daily specials, and an assortment of our in house desserts

Hours of Operation

Lunch

Mon- Fri. 11:00AM-2:00PM

Dinner

Mon-Sat 5:30PM-10:00PM
    Closed Sunday

Favorite Dish: A Section of their menu

POLLO E CARNE
    VEAL or CHICKEN PARMIGIANI-Breaded, saut?ed and topped with mozzarella and tomato sauce accompanied with pasta
    POLLO ROMAGNOLA-Breast of chicken stuffed with smoked ham and provolone cheese in a poblano sauce. Served with pasta
    INVOLTINI DI POLLO CIPRIANI-Breast of chicken stuffed with crabmeat complemented with a flavorful spinach basil cream sauce
    BISTECCA ALL' ORTOLANA-Grilled sirloin of beef prepared with Italian herbs, mushrooms, garlic & olive oil
    VITELLO BUONGUSTAIO-Veal scaloppine prepared with three different sauces-marsala, peppercorn, & tomato brandy
    PICCATA DI VITELLO-Veal scaloppine sauteed with lemon butter and capers
    POLLO PORTOFINO-Breast of chicken sauteed and slice topped with crapmeat and served with a tarragon tomato creams sauce
    LOMBATA DI VITELLO-Grilled veal chop with mushrooms and Barolo wine sauce
    FILETTO DI VITELLO-Tenderloin of veal, grilled and served with a delightful brandy cream sauce

Susan's Omlettes: Breakfast and Lunch

by grandmaR Updated Feb 10, 2006

My roast beef and chedder sandwich

In Williams Square there is the William's Square Deli and the Cima Club, which is a private club.

There are supposed to be 3 restaurants in the West Tower of Williams Square. The Mustang Club was not open - the tables were empty and it was locked. There were two restaurants on the ground floor. The pasta restaurant was apparently being redecorated - there was brown paper all over the glass. But the Mustang Museum lady recommended Susan's which she said had a hamburger and chips for $3.00.

This proved to be a small place in the basement which was decorated with many wood plaques and objects that were carved and pierced. There were also about 15 clocks some of which chimed. They were set to chime in sequence.

The sign said that this was NOT a non-smoking restaurant, although the rest of the building was, and in fact there was a sign out front saying that you couldn't smoke within 50 feet of the entrance.

You can take the food out, or eat there. If you want to eat there, seat yourself, and the server will come with menus and take your order. Breakfast is served from 6:30 to 10:30, and although Bob paid cash, they do accept VISA, MC and AmExp.

Favorite Dish: The daily special was Grilled chicken fettucini with 2 vegetables for $5.95. I was tempted by the spinach salad (small $1.95, large $2.95) but I settled on the Grilled Roast Beef and Cheddar on sour dough for $5.20. Bob got a tuna salad for $5.20. They came with chips, or you could get fries or onion rings for an extra charge. We drank water, and the bill was under $12.00.

Waterfront Cafe: Mandalay Canal Cafe

by grandmaR Written Feb 10, 2006
    From across the canal

When we were on the elevated train (People Mover), there was a man with a little boy, who remarked to the train conductor that they needed more restaurants in this area. It does seem to be mostly adult type restaurants - either hotel restaurants or ones where business people eat lunch. I saw this restaurant across the canal. I have not eaten here.

Instant Answers: Irving

Comments

Irving Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Irving restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Irving sightseeing.