Irving Warnings and Dangers

Unattended booth
    Additional warning sign
    by grandmaR
  • A picture of an art piece from inside garage
    A picture of an art piece from inside...

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Irving

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Toll Road Holdup

by grandmaR Updated May 15, 2005

Toll booths from the air

When I first visited Dallas, I barely made it to the airport rental car turn in place before my plane took off. There were so many people traveling (it was the beginning of Memorial Day weekend) that the van to the airport got held up due to traffic mostly because of going through the toll gates. Even though the van itself had a pass, I almost missed my plane. I didn't even hardly have time to sit down before boarding was called.

Today, I WOULD have missed my plane - I wouldn't have been able to get through security in time.

The rental car place was off the airport property and outside the toll gates.

I can't figure out what the toll would be for this short section of toll road although I have been all through the North Texas Tollway Authority website. Maybe you can do better.

My daughter has a fast pass on her car, but according to the website you can only use the fast pass on certain toll gates and not others.

• Business Travel

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Parking

by grandmaR Updated Feb 10, 2006

Unattended booth

In the Los Colinas area there seem to be NUMEROUS parking garages. Since we did not want to visit a building, we didn't try to park in the garages and I don't know what the rate is. But across the street from the Los Colinas Mustangs is a Public Parking Lot.

This lot is $1 for all day. You have to pay the $1 even if you are only going to be here for an hour or so. You park in any space you want, and go put your money into a slot in a little box on the side of the lot. Bob objected to paying $1 for an hour, so he put in a quarter. After we saw the Mustangs and ate lunch at Susan's, on the way to ride the elevated rail car, he put the other 75 cents in.

The sign says that there is
    *..Free Parking anytime
    *..Vehicles over 36' in length
    *..Overnight Parking
    *..In and Out on single payment
    *..Parking in spaces without marked number

Then at the bottom it says
    * Unattended Lot. Park at your own risk

The second sign says

TOWING ENFORCED AT ALL TIMES
    PATRON PARKING ONLY

No for sale cars, no tractor and or tractor trailer parking
    No parking in fire lane, on grass, assigned or reserved spaces,
    obstructing drive or dumpster, unauthorized, abandoned,
    inoperable vehicles, with flat tires, on jacks/ blocks
    expired state inspection/registration, will be towed at
    owners expense & liability. Towing enforced at all times

To reclaim vehicle contact
    S&J VSE LLC 972-373-8597
    1825 California Crossing - Dallas TX 75220
    Al's Wrecker Service of Dallis Inc. 214-372-0733

In spite of all the warnings, I did see a truck with a For Sale sign in the window, and we were not towed even though we didn't pay right away.

Instant Answers: Irving

Comments

Irving Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Irving warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Irving sightseeing.