Jefferson Shopping

Granny's Storefront
    Antique Desk at Liz-Beth's antiques

Best Rated Shopping in Jefferson

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Many Shops in Jefferson: Antiques Galore!

by VeronicaG Updated May 11, 2008

Old Mill Antiques

'Well-stocked' is how I'd describe Jefferson's antique shops. We only visited a few of them, but certainly liked what we saw!

As I've mentioned in other travel pages, I like to collect vintage kitchen items, like utensils with green painted handles, juice glasses with pumpkins, cherries or tomato designs, old embroidered kitchen towels or celluloid vanity pieces. It's fun searching for them!

It seems that anything one would want, could easily be found in one of Jefferson's antique shops. Some of them, like the Old Mill Antiques (210 E. Austin), seemingly ramble on forever.

Others combine food choices with timeworn furnishings, such as fudge or old fashion candy like The Old Store and Fudge Shop does (123 N. Walnut). pic#2

Myers Antique Company (129 N. Walnut) is housed in a wonderful old building whose architecture highlights a nicely turned railing, which circles the second floor. pic #3

I've only mentioned a few of the antique shops, but there are others just as interesting. If you've heard of Jefferson, Texas and have thought of traveling there, don't waste time just thinking about it...go!

Jefferson General Store: General Store Extraordinaire

by VeronicaG Updated Feb 6, 2008

Jefferson General Store

Jefferson General Store is packed to the roof with all sorts of merchandise! They were amply prepared for anything related to Mardi Gras--baubles, beads and masks. Many types of preserves, butters, jellies, relishes and salsa line their shelves.

Toys, books, t-shirts, hats and other typical souvenirs can be found here, too. Don't forget to stop by the Old Fashion Soda Fountain, complete with stools that swivel round and round (picture 2).

If your sweet tooth is looking for satisfaction, the store has many different candy choices (picture 3). Take home some pecan pralines for your friends! Oh yes, and the store advertises a five cent cup of coffee.

I could have spent a significant amount of time in this nostalgic store, but we had to move on. When visiting Jefferson, be sure to drop in! Hours are Sun.-Thurs. 9am-6pm; Fri. & Sat. 9am-10pm.

• Women's Travel

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Granny Had It!: Just Like Grandma's!

by VeronicaG Updated Apr 4, 2011

Granny Had It!

Granny Had It! is the perfect name for an antique shop, especially since I found something that my grandmother actually DID have here.

In our family a pretty etched glass basket was brought out every Mother's Day to be filled with Lily-of-the- Valley by the younger members of the family. It was a tradition to use my Grandmother's prized piece.

In fact, the kids of the family still gather these petite white flowers as a tribute to her when the family gets together for a cookout on Mother's Day. I discovered a similar piece at Granny Had It! and just had to have it in memory of my Grandmother.

Plenty of other items are here, too. China dishes in lovely floral designs, crystal glassware, silver candlesticks, carved headboards and sidetables, vintage artwork and other wonderful things to make your home a warm and cozy place.

Liz-Beth's Antiques: Delicate Things of Beauty

by VeronicaG Updated May 11, 2008

Antique Desk at Liz-Beth's antiques

If you're looking for delicate glassware or China, Liz-Beth's Antiques would be an ideal stop for you. As we browsed through the shop I saw many dainty things that would add a pretty touch to a home.

I saw this sweet little desk in one of the rooms and thought it would make a great display piece for any collectibles. It would be a very nice purchase for someone, don't you think?

Jefferson has many wonderful antique shops to wander through. There seems to be one on just about every corner! I think we've probably visited nearly all of them after our two visits now.

This East Texas town is a perfect place for antique lovers. If you visit, Liz-Beth's Antiques just might have something you've been looking for, so drop by.

• annabear08's Profile Photo

The Old Store: Delicious Jams and Jellies

by annabear08 Updated Jan 4, 2009

Mommy's favorite store to go shopping in Jefferson is the Old Store. It has an old time fudge shop and plenty of jams and jellies to sample. There is even a big sample table that has all of the different kinds out for you to taste.

Although I do not eat alot of jam yet, Mommy really seemed to like the blackberry preserves, and she told Daddy it was because this kind did not have seeds in it.

I was very careful in here not to swing my arms too much, as there were plenty of things within my reach, but I didn't want Daddy to have to buy any of the ones I broke.

What to buy: Jellies, Jams, and fruit butters.

What to pay: $4 to $40 depending on how much you like the jam.

Instant Answers: Jefferson

Comments

Jefferson Shopping

Reviews and photos of Jefferson shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jefferson sightseeing.