Killeen Warnings and Dangers

Water...
    by Sweetberry1

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Killeen

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo

Drive on the 'Right' side of the road

by Sweetberry1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Texas Roads

If you are visiting from a country where you drive on the left hand side of the road, remember to stay on the right side in Texas..
    I had fun and games to begin with, driving in Killeen.
    At a major intersection, I turned left, into the oncoming traffic, then proceeded to weave my way through and around the cars, trying to get to where I should have been.. ;-)
    All vehicles were stationary at the time, and remained so until this crazy Aussie girl found her way to the 'Right' side of the road.. lol..

Fortunately, that only happened once,

• Sweetberry1's Profile Photo

Don't take 'The Heat' for granted

by Sweetberry1 Updated Jul 24, 2004

Water...

Summer time in Texas can be a mighty Hot place. During my visit, the temperatures often reached 110deg. or more..
    I can tolerate a lot of heat, but I did have problems one day, because I didn't drink enough. So keep those fluids up... DRINK a LOT!!!

Hey... I meant WATER.. NOT BEER.. LOL.

• scott_txguy's Profile Photo

Bars near base

by scott_txguy Written May 6, 2003

never walk into a bar close to an army base and announce loudly "I can kick anyone's ass in here, one at a time or all together."

If you are talking to a woman in a bar, be sure she is not attached, her GI boyfriend may take offense.

• Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Killeen

Comments

Killeen Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Killeen warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Killeen sightseeing.