Lewisville Restaurants

• Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Lewisville

Schlotzsky's: My Favorite Sandwich

by msbrandysue Written Dec 30, 2012

Schlotzsky’s is one of my very favorite places to eat. It’s a sandwich shop that you can take out or eat in the shop with plenty of tables always available. It’s a bit pricier ($6-7 for a sandwich) than most other sandwich shops but definitely worth it.

It's a place where you order at the counter, then wait for your food and pick it up when they call your number. It's very casual and I'm sure you'll love the food!

Hours of operation
    Sun-Tue: 8:00am-9:00pm; Wed-Sat: 8:00am-10:00pm

Includes a Cinnabon as well

Favorite Dish: The highlight is the sandwiches. They make it with thick sourdough bread and very thinly sliced meat. Then they sprinkle cheese (the best is a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella) on one piece of bread and run it through an oven conveyor belt. Therefore the sandwich is warm and very tasty. The Original is their signature sandwich and comes with: “Home of The Original® Sandwich. Lean smoked ham, Genoa and cotto salamis, and melted cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses layered with black olives, red onion, lettuce, tomato, mustard and our signature dressing on toasted Sourdough bread.” (From the website.)

Their sandwiches are quite large. I’ve never ordered a large, the mediums are quite enough when you’re at your hungriest.

Their original chips are delicious! Their pizzas are as well. The cheese and pizza is definitely worth trying, also cooked on a sourdough. The bbq chicken looks just as good but it’s hard not to get my favorite sandwich, the turkey and cheese.

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Cracker Barrel: Popular Breakfast and Home Cookin'

by msbrandysue Updated May 2, 2009

Many of my friends and family love the cracker barrel. It has a laid back, southern home feel that is apparent as you walk up to the white rocking chairs on the porch waiting area. It's usually busy all morning and has a constant flow of customers all day long.

I've eaten both meals and breakfast here and find it disappointing. The only thing I've really enjoyed is the grilled cheese. For breakfast I've tried the eggs (ok), sausage (no thanks), hash browns (too many onions), and bacon (too much fat). I've eaten better at Denny's or Ihop's.

Something unique, though, is that they have this country tee logic game at the tables while you wait. They usually have a big checkers game in the eating area, as well, for kids (and adults) to play while waiting for the food.

But I can't pass it down due to the store that is right inside the door. Of course you have to pass through it before getting to the food. They have great seasonal items, kids stuff, candles and clothing. I love it all...

Sunday through Thursday - 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
    Friday & Saturday - 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
    Has RV/Bus Parking

Favorite Dish: Grilled Cheese?

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Christina's Fine Mexican Restaurant: BEST Enchiladas in Dallas!

by msbrandysue Updated Jun 13, 2008

The one in Addison

This is one of those restaurants where you really can't go wrong. It has anything you would ever want from drinks to food. From enchiladas to tacos, mariscos to fajitas, it's all fantastic. It's particularly hopping on Friday afternoons for happy hour and dinner.

I have eaten at the ones in Addison and Lewisville and find them equal in service and taste.

The ambience is very open, cocktail hour, sometimes loud, usually a group or two is having a good time.

I just don't have the skills to tell you how good the food is. Chips and hot sauce are free! So, try it and enjoy!

Favorite Dish: I always get the enchiladas!! I usually get two chicken enchiladas in sour cream sauce and one cheese enchilada (no onions) with queso sauce. It also comes with beans and rice.

When I'm feeling good I get a nice house margarita :D

Taco Bueno: Best Fast Food

by msbrandysue Written Jun 12, 2008

Yes, America is all about fast food. It's cheap, fast, and easy! While in Lewisville I always make sure to stop at Taco Bueno!! It is great tex-mex food with a lower price. Although loaded in calories I always save one meal to splurge and this is definitely the one!

*No alcohol is available like some places around here though.

Favorite Dish: My favorite meal is the Mucho Nachos (without the chili sauce or refried beans) with a soft beef taco. It is enough for two people, unless you're really hungry!! They put plenty of queso and tomatos on top which I always enjoy. However, because of all the the toppings some of the chips lose their crunch. I love it!! My mom hates nachos like that so be advised!

The tacos both hard and crispy are fantastic. I've heard the tortilla soup is great, although it's usually only available in the colder months. The mexi-dip is also great. You get beans, guacamole, and a cheese puff to dip your chips in.

• Abuelos: Fabulous mexican food!

by Velvet1115 Written Jan 12, 2008

This is a wonderful mexican restuarant in the Lewisville area- not to be missed! They have all of the usual choices but then have a wide range of more unusual menu choices- especially involving seafood. I've been here twice on trips out to Lewisville and have been delighted each time. I get 1 more business trip to Lewisville and you can bet I'm going back one more time. I've been told this might be a chain but I've never seen one anywhere else. I've had great service here and the atmosphere is most lovely. It's decorated as if you are in an open courtyard in Mexico or perhaps South America. There is a faux sky painted overhead and a waterfountain in the center of the restaurant. It would be a wonderful place for a date !

Favorite Dish: They also serve this wonderful spicy spinach casserole side dish that is just off the chain! It's nice having a vegetable choice at a mexican restaurant.

la Madeleine: Best Cafe

by msbrandysue Written Jan 2, 2008

Outside

La Madeline is my new favorite place to eat. The locations are not gigantic but they always have room, although they do get busy during lunch. The tables and chairs are smaller and it just adds a very french feeling to it. It's very well done.

La Madeline serves food, then has a separate bakery and coffee counter. So if you want a great meal or just some yummy dessert this is your place. The food they offer is very light. You'll find a majority of soups, salads, quiches, and sandwiches. I've never found anything I hated. They have complimentary bread with butter and preserves while you're waiting or to eat with your soup or salad.

This is a chain so please check their website to find the one nearest you! However, I would HIGHLY recommend visiting the one in the Woodlands. It's in the Market Square plaza that is a new replica of an old town built up with great shops. They have an outdoor patio that is to die for when the sun goes down. It's definitely one of my favorite things to do in Houston. ESPECIALLY DURING CHRISTMAS!!!

Mon. - Sun. 6:30 AM - 10:00 PM

Favorite Dish: I love their caesar salad, strawberries and sauce, bread. My favorite meal would be the Turkey Ciabatta melt. It's sliced turkey with swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, and honey mustard dressing all on ciabatta bread. YUM!!!!
    Any of the desserts would blow your socks off. I can never resist the chocolate chip cookie :)

McDonald's: Nicest McDonald's I've Ever Seen

by msbrandysue Written Oct 23, 2007

Doesn't it look fancy?!?

McDonald's is McDonald's. If you have children you know you have to eat there eventually. I just thought it was odd how nice this one was.....Look at the pics.

Favorite Dish: Gotta love the French Fries!!

Instant Answers: Lewisville

Comments

Lewisville Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lewisville restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lewisville sightseeing.