Lockhart Travel Guide

CORNER

Lockhart Hotels

Lockhart Restaurants

• by somart991 Written Apr 21, 2012

First time eating here, food was great especially the spare ribs. Since this was our first time at this place, we did not the protocal of waiting by a sign and we did not know what to order because they menu is on a wall behind you . The staff had no patience and was rude. When my asked if they gave a military discount, the cashier stated they did not support the military with a discount. Once again, the food was good, but we will not be going back.

Favorite Dish: the spare ribs were very good. Meat "falling off the bone" tender. great flavor

• Rich62's Profile Photo

by Rich62 Written May 29, 2010

USA Today ranked these two among the best BBQ in Texas. Kreuz actually has 585 seats and now offers sides along with your BBQ. pretty luxurious by Texas standards. But they serve no BBQ sauce. They pride themselves on the flavor of their meat.

I've never seen either one so I have no photos...yet.

But if you are in Lockhart, check 'em out.

• Business Travel

• Rich62's Profile Photo
    THIS IS IT.

by Rich62 Written May 9, 2009

Our friends drove us to this spot early one morning and we all had breakfast there. I have never attempted breakfast at a Mexican restaurant, but it was delicious. They have a wide variety of offerings on the menu, something to please anyone

Favorite Dish: I don't remember what it was called, but it involved scrambled eggs, sausage links and pancakes.

Lockhart Off The Beaten Path

Lockhart, Texas Library - Oldest in Tejas 4 more images

by jmmgarza Updated Apr 4, 2011

I lived in Lockhart from 2000 to 2005. It is a great little town with even better BBQ. If you are ever in Lockhart (60 miles from San Antonio and 30 miles from Austin) be prepared for some great german style BBQ. There are four establisments that have been in business it seems forever. Each one is unique. The least expensive is Chisolm Trail and the best food and atmosphere is at Smitty's. I still remember waking up in the morning to the smell of smokey BBQ. Now that is country living.

Lockhart, Texas Library - Oldest in Tejas 4 more images

Lockhart, TX Square and Caldwell County Courthouse 4 more images

Instant Answers: Lockhart

Comments

Lockhart Travel Guide
Map of Lockhart