Luling Travel Guide

• Luling
    by Rich62

Luling Things to Do

• Look around Luling

Here are a few photos we took on our way through town.Cuero is south of Austin on highway 183. It is east-southeast of San Antonio.

• MUST STOP!! Buc-ee's

I never knew how famous this place was until my dad asked us to stop here to get him some jerky. Now why was I in Luling? Luling is where I-10 jets off to go to San Marcos or San Antonio. We were on our way to San Antonio but decided to hit San Marcos first for some shopping!Buc-ee's is HUGE with any and everything from gas to souvenirs to cooked...

• The Whale Oil Well

Straight from the Gulf of Mexico, the whales came to help. Behind there is another oil well with no decorations.

• Oil well in backyard

A good old plain oil well.. I am actually wondering if the person owning the backyard, owns the rights to the underground ressources? I hope so because having an oilwell in your garden, without counting the gas smell, is not my idea of the ideal decoration, but hey if at least it makes money...

• The oil well behind the flower shop

Ah ah! You thought you wre done with oil wells, heh?? Well, there are more, anonymously pumping, no decorations, here and there in Luling, this one behind a flower shop!

• The Eagle Oil Well

The bold eagle, symbol of the United States. This is next to a reconstitution of a pioneer's log cabin.

• The Tiger Oil Well

Not very Texan... There are cougars (or mountain lions) and bobcats as wild animals in Texas, but not tigers... only in Luling! And it is located in somebody's backyard, nearby a pretty blue house.

• The Football Player Oil Well

One of the most popular American sports had to have its oil well... did not see a baseball oil well though, maybe I missed it?

• A watermelon town!

There is a Watermelon Thump Festival every year the last week-end of June in Luling! So, this is an important oil well, boasting the town's symbol here!

Luling Hotels

Good for: Solo

Luling Restaurants

• City Market: City Market Luling Texas

by SWTexan82 Written Aug 17, 2005

City Market in Luling ranks right up with its competitors to the north in Lockhart. pork ribs, beef brisket, and beef sausage rings, no sides, just bread, crackers, pickles and onions. You get your meat from the pit room, and the dining room has wooden benches and is air conditioned. Food is served on a tray with butcher paper.

Full Review:

Favorite Dish: make my own brisket sandwich with a touch of sauce, and a couple of sausage rings. The sausage is very unique at the City Market

Instant Answers: Luling

Comments

Explore Deeper into Luling
An oil town!