Marble Falls Travel Guide

• A NICE GIFT SHOP (now only on the internet)
    A NICE GIFT SHOP (now only on the...
    Inside the Java Bean.
    THE LLANO RIVER

Marble Falls Things to Do

• Stargazer1's Profile Photo
    PreCambrian granite batholith outcropping on golf 3 more images

by Stargazer1 Updated Feb 23, 2007

Horseshoe Bay has several really nice golf courses, with waterfalls, etc. Being in central Texas, there are Precambrian (oldest rocks known, between 4.6 billion to 570 million years old) granitic batholiths that outcrop on the courses.
    There are lots of deer here as well. Every thime you hit a long shot, a couple will come up to make sure the golf ball isn't food.

• Spa and Resort
    • Golf

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    Granite Mountain 1 more image

by basstbn Updated Jan 24, 2006

As we approached Marble Falls from the east, we noticed lots of signage indicating Granite Mountain ahead, and its red marble quarry, so thought we'd check it out. You can see the quarry (what's left of Granite Mountain) a little bit from the road (first picture) and it's even impressive from a distance. Quarrying of the highly prized pink and red granite began in the 1880s for the construction of the Texas State Capitol. In the second photo, you can see that most of the surrounding landscape is made up of this beautiful red granite.

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    If you use your imagination, you can see...

by basstbn Written Jan 24, 2006

You should be able to trust a state travel guide, shouldn't you? It says the town is named for Colorado River waterfalls over marble outcroppings... What it doesn't say is the Colorado River is now dammed and the waterfalls are gone - underwater. So we got our picnic supplies and enjoyed this view of the Colorado River where falls used to be. Surprise!!

Marble Falls Hotels

Marble Falls Restaurants

• Rich62's Profile Photo
    MARGARITA'S RESTAURANT

by Rich62 Written Mar 6, 2006

AS YOU WILL SEE by the number of cars parked outside, the locals know that this is a great place to eat. And it is.

The food is excellent and they really seem to appreciate their customers. For example, when we were done with our meal we ordered a custard desert "to go". Soon the waiter arrived with one portion of the desert and four forks! He then introduced the manager who explained to us that on that very day they were trying a different type of sugar in this item and they wanted us to taste it first and see if we liked it before they sold us four of them! We tasted, and it was just fine. I have never had this type of thing happen at a restaurant before.

Favorite Dish: I ordered # 4: "Margarita's Delight - 1 cheese enchilada topped with chili con carne (beef sauce), and 1 beef taco with cheese. Served with Spanish rice, refried beans and guacamole salad. Price $7.99

• Beer Tasting

Marble Falls Shopping

• Rich62's Profile Photo
    THIS USED TO BE THE PLACE 2 more images

by Rich62 Updated Oct 3, 2009

ITS A SMALL BUT MIGHTY little gift shop. Best of all, they have samples of some of their nut-and-chocolate goodies. Try before you buy!

OOPS:

The gift shop is now gone from this location and is available only on the internet at www.texaspecansandgifts.com

What to buy: Whatever goodie you prefer.

What to pay: reasonable pricing

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel

Marble Falls Local Customs

• by drknowitall Updated Jan 12, 2007

I was returning from Dallas to Corpus via 281 and your fair city with my 3 kids and wife loaded with presents when your "Rent a Cop" video van snapped my mugshot. I assure you I was not driving recklessly through your town.

This entire hidden camera shenanigans is downright Communistic if you want my opinion. The City Council that voted to get in bed with the company Nestor and make money for the city coffers out to be shamed out of office. Did you know that Nestor receives $25 for every ticket? Talk about corrupt conflict-of-interest. This is blantant crony capitalism at its worse. A for profit company in cahoots with a government so they can both soak the public they were meant to serve.

I assure you this bad experience sours visitors to your city. I was telling the wife what a joy 281 route is compare to I35, but now I will not be returning via Marble Falls and will certainly never patronize any businesses there. I highly recommend you voice your displeasure at this arrangement.

Cordially,

Phillip Davis

Instant Answers: Marble Falls

Comments

Marble Falls Travel Guide
Map of Marble Falls