McAllen Restaurants

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Red Lobster: Great Seafood Chain Restaurant

by Basaic Written May 29, 2014

Red Lobster

$16 as of May 2014 I love seafood and you pretty much know what to expect at a Red Lobster and this one was fairly typical. The food was very good and my waitress was better than average. The hostess was one of the cutest girls I saw on this trip.

Favorite Dish: Everything! Especially the biscuits and seafood!

• Business Travel

• Taco Palenque: Best late night grub!

by sendtobrad Written Jun 13, 2009

24 hours a day, full menu, delicious grub!

Favorite Dish: Sirlon taco, because it is better meat than the more popular fajitas at the same price. They give you enough meat on one taco to easily make two. The salad/condiment bar full of fixings for the taco will allow you to really strech your taco. You get free chips and salsa so 1 taco is usually enough. If I am really hungry I will get a side of charro beans.

• Mrs. G's: Best breakfast tacos in McAllen

by sendtobrad Updated Jun 13, 2009

Breakfast tacos to die for! This is a pickup store only, but they cook to order with generous portions. One of the few places where you can litteraly put anything into a giant breakfast taco. They are fresh and delicious, built to order. If you try them you will be a regular customer.

Favorite Dish: Breakfast taco with Chorizo, Egg, Bacon, Jalapenos, Onions, Cilatro. The grease will turn the flour tortilla orange :)

• Bistro M: Best fine dining in McAllen

by sendtobrad Written Jun 13, 2009

Small Bistro, intiment atmosphere, great chef and pastry chef, great wine list, phenomal food. The Class of the McAllen dining scene.

Favorite Dish: I highly recommend going with a group and having everyone order something different because it is all good. Best first date or anniversary restuarant in the Valley. I believe they offer a $75 multicourse special on Tuesdays.

• Hop-Tung: Best Chinese/Vietnamese Restaurant in the Valley!

by sendtobrad Written Jun 13, 2009

Hoptung is run by a vietnamese family and the food tastes like it is run by someones grandma! WARNING - service here has been known to be very slow and unaccomadating at times. I have friends who refuse to return due to poor service. I think the food is worth the hassle.

Favorite Dish: The Pho (vietnamese soup) cant be beat and is the reason to come. I almost always get the same thing when I go here. Flat Shrimp dumplings, Steak and Meatball Pho, and Almond Milk Tea. They make their own specialty drinks and every one I have tried is awesome, they have Cantelope, Banana - Strawberry, Mango, too many variations to name. The potstickers, vietnamese egg rolls, basically everything I have tried here is good. I have not tried any of their chinese food but my friends and coworkers have without complaint. This is my favorite reasonably priced restaurant in the Valley.

• Lei-Li: Best plate in McAllen

by sendtobrad Updated Jun 13, 2009

Overall a nice asian themed restaurant, clean and resonable priced.

Favorite Dish: Salt and Pepper Dunguness Crab! These crabs are stored live along with lobsters in an in store aquarium and is prepared fresh. I grew up on the gulf coast and the difference in taste between fresh and frozen is worth the price. This dish is expensive at $36 but could easily feed two people (I ate the whole thing). I have been to many restuarants in McAllen but this is my absolute favorite dish in the whole valley. They are located on the west side of 10th street south of Nolana.

• El Pato: Great Tex-Mex

by psuag Written Sep 30, 2005

I visit the McAllen area several times a year (next time for Christmas-hopefully no snow this time as in 2004) and El Pato is a must first stop on the way from the airport. Incredible Tex-Mex fast food. I dream about the chicken and avocado corn tortilla patos w/fresh pico de gallo! Yum!

Favorite Dish: Freshly made corn tortillas with chicken. sliced avocado and spicy pico de gallo..... but everything is good there!

• Gaby_G's Profile Photo

Luby's cafeteria: No matter what you say... I love it!!!

by Gaby_G Updated Apr 10, 2004

I LOOOOVE Luby's... Every time I have been in McAllen (or any other city in Texas) we just cant help going there... It's a cafeteria, where you choose your already made food walking trough the food bar...

Favorite Dish: Breaded fish with tartar sauce and the strawberries with cream dessert.... OH MY GOD!!!!!

• JOHN_NOMIS's Profile Photo

TOO MANY RESTURANTS TO CHOOSE...

by JOHN_NOMIS Written Oct 5, 2002

TOO MANY RESTURANTS TO CHOOSE FROM....BUT MY FAVORITE
    IS THE SANTA FE STEAK HOUSE.
    EXCELLENT FOOD!!

Favorite Dish: FISH WRAPPED IN PARCHMENT PAPER AND BAKED.

Instant Answers: McAllen

Comments

McAllen Restaurants

Reviews and photos of McAllen restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for McAllen sightseeing.