McKinney Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in McKinney

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Londoner Pub McKinney: Pip Pip and Cherrio

by ATXtraveler Written Mar 14, 2008

It seemed rather unusual one evening when my friend who was well versed on the nightlife scene in Dallas recommended that we venture out to the bedroom community of McKinney for the evening. As we headed into old town McKinney, the square was well lit, however almost every store in the square was closed. Then, we came upon the reason for our journey. A two story English Pub which seemed to be the only game in town, and it was packed. We immediately went upstairs, where the activity was high, the pool tables were going, and other bar type games were in action.

I enjoyed a couple pints of Guinness, then opted for the lighter Boddington's option. All of their beer was a good temperature, and the place was packed on the weekend. This is definitely the place to be seen in McKinney. I was disappointed however that this bar does still allow smoking, which is something most places gave up on years ago.

• Luxury Travel
    • Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Lavender House Tea Room: Dinner and Jazz

by ATXtraveler Written Dec 27, 2007

First off, I would definitely like to say that McKinney is not the typical hotspot of night life. Most nights you can hear a pin drop when working your way around in North Texas. In particular though, there is a nice little spot to watch some live jazz musicians play, while enjoying a couple cocktails.

Lavender House is a nice little spot for some dessert, or even dinner and on Friday and Saturday nights, they bring in a live jazz band. I happen to know the owner, so we normally got a drink or two on the house, as the local bartender, Jef, is well known. That was not a typo, he is actually known as "One F Jef", or just call him the Kid and you will get a good conversation started.

Dress Code: Relaxed.

• Luxury Travel

• onestepaway's Profile Photo

Missed Out On Nightlife

by onestepaway Written Oct 19, 2007

I was on a business trip and I had to share a rental car with another employee, I really couldnt drive the rental car. But the people that taught the school and my other class mates went out numerous nights, they claimed there was stuff going on all over the place. I was somewhat disgusted by this becuase I didnt get to really see Texas like I wanted! Next trip for sure.

Instant Answers: McKinney

Comments

McKinney Nightlife

Reviews and photos of McKinney nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for McKinney sightseeing.