McKinney Restaurants

by MTATE

Most Recent Restaurants in McKinney

Mellow Mushroom: Mellow Out Man

by ATXtraveler Written Mar 3, 2014

I had never been to a Mellow Mushroom despite many people raving. We happened upon it on opening night, and they were definitely ready for business. Our server Nathon was excellent and treated our kids like family, paying great attention to them. We tried the gluten free pizza, which was really good. Overall, we will definitely be back.

• The Pub McKinney: Great Local Pub

by benhtodd Written Jul 3, 2012

Great music, great service, great value for Price. The pub has a very nice selection of beers. It is not a brewery but it carries much more than just the general list of Bud and oh yeah Bud light.

Favorite Dish: I really dig the Guiness Cheddar Berger.

• Rockhard Cajun Cafe: This aint your mama's cajun

by MTATE Updated Apr 4, 2011

Rockhard Cajun cafe Rocks. We went to their crawfish boil over the weekend they were the best crawfish I have ever had. Then we tried an appetizer called Philly Steak wedges WOW they were delicious. The menu is creative and hilarious, they have a dish called BIG MOUTH MAMA IN LAW FISH BURGER, AND ROCK HARD WIENER, HA HA. We loved reading all of the funny names on the menu it was cut and catchy.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish was the crawfish etouffe. I love the etouffe at Pappadeaux and never in a million years thought I would find another I liked as much...... I thought this was better.

Alice's Tea Shoppe: A Sweet Little Tea Room

by VeronicaG Updated Apr 4, 2011

Alice's Tea Shopps

We stumbled upon Alice's Tea Shoppe one weekend after we had seen a flier announcing a special Valentine's Day buffet.

The tea room has two dining areas plus a small gift shop (pics 2 & 3) and is themed to Alice in Wonderland. Cyndi Long, the vivacious owner, told us that she'd been collecting items from this classic novel since childhood. Evidence of that is scattered all around the tea shoppe--so cute!

The buffet served up four types of tea sandwiches: salmon mousse, chicken salad (yum!), roast beef with horseradish and carmelized onion, and pimento cheese;

choice of green salad or waldorf salad

tomato basil or four onion soup

scones (cherry, pecan or vanilla chocolate chip)

desserts: chocolate delight brownie, cherry galettes and heart shaped sugar cookies with a jelly center. Of course, a choice of teas. The buffet was $16.95.

After we complimented Cyndi on her scones, she flew into the kitchen and brought us out a bag to take home and enjoy for breakfast the next morning...as a gift.

Alice's can be reserved for special events and is a delightful place to have tea! Hours are Mon.-Sat. 7:30am-3pm for baked items, coffee and tea; lunch 11am-2pm and afternoon tea 3pm-6pm by appointment only.

• Women's Travel

• onestepaway's Profile Photo

Saltgrass Steak House: The Atmosphere Was Great

by onestepaway Updated Apr 4, 2011

The restaurant was really nice and the staff was incrediable, each staff member was freindly and the food was great along with those mix drinks, whew! I give it two thumbs up and would defintely go back again even I ever get back to Texas. This was a business trip.

Favorite Dish: Oh my God! This was hosted by the school I was attending so we could do the whole menu it was a "set menu", I would have loved to view the whole menu maybe my next trip, I saw it online but I love viewing the menu in person. The Range Rattlers were out of this world! Jumbo jalapeños stuffed with whole shrimp & jack cheese, fried to a golden brown. French Fried Onions .Thinly sliced & piled high with border sauce.Buffalo Tenders, Lightly fried chicken tenderloins tossed in our homemade sizzlin' hot sauce with our chunky bleu cheese dressing.
    These were all great, it was part of the sampler starter. Gulf Coast Steak & Shrimp
    Certified Angus Beef 10 oz. Top Sirloin & Gulf Shrimp Coconut was my dinner and the steak was great along with the shrimp with a side of Garlic Mashed Potatoes. My drink of choice was a version of a Long Island Ice Tea. I will not forget those Rattlers!!!! A must!

• Business Travel

• onestepaway's Profile Photo

THREE LUMPS COFFEE HOUSE: Java Done Right

by onestepaway Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is a small coffee shop that was located near my hotel and the school I was attending, I am so glad I saw this little spot on my way to class. Life saver! I was unsure at first, I thought it was a coffe maker but once I stepped in and saw it was a coffee shop owned and operated by this nice lady by the name of Danielle(i think), she was so friendly and very helpful with my breakfast choices.I even loved the look of the place on the inside and out, it oozed of this cozy place to meet up with friends or just relax and sip your jave in peace. I love locally owned places like this, it lets you see that the small business companies still can exist. This place even has a drive thru window.

Favorite Dish: I cannot recall the names of the breakfast treats blueberry something and an apple something. But were really good. The Iced Coffees is what I went for, Yum! The Vanilla Iced Latte and the Caramel Latte was perfect, it had a great pick me up too. Those saved me when I needed that morning boost.

• Business Travel

The Pantry: For Luscious Desserts

by VeronicaG Updated Jun 13, 2010
    Banana Split Pie

The Pantry has become a regular stop for us when visiting McKinney's historic town square. This country-style restaurant is situated in a building constructed in 1898, which had an earlier life as a hardware store.

Sometimes a mid-afternoon snack is perfect for recouping one's flagging energy. A slice of pie can work wonders! Just thinking about their desserts brings back delicious memories. They offer chocolate chip pie, coconut cream pie, pecan pie, banana split pie, fruit pie, strawberry cream pie and pumpkin crunch. We've tried the banana split pie (pictured) and coconut cream pie, both absolutely the tastiest!

You'll also find Italian cream cake, cheese cake, German chocolate cake or red velvet cake and the price is right for all of these luscious desserts: a slice of pie or cake is $2.69; a slice of fruit pie is $2.99

Their menu also includes these items plus others:

Crossaint Club Sandwich with ham, turkey, bacon, American cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo $7.99

Grilled Turkey Cranberry Sandwich with provolone, lettuce and homemade cranberry relish on fresh baked Italian bread $6.99

Chef Salad with iceberg lettuce, turkey, ham, cheddar cheese and green onion $6.99

Garden Salad with Chicken using iceberg lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, cheddar, red onion and grilled chicken $7.49

A soup of the day $2.60; cup of chili $3.99; bowl of chili with two cornbreads $5.99

Hours are Mon.-Fri. 11am-2:30PM; Sat. 11am to 5pm; Sun. 9am-2:30pm

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Coffee N Cream: "Where Neighbors and Friends Meet"

by VeronicaG Updated Jun 13, 2010

Coffee N Cream

UPDATE: This shop recently received the People's Choice Best Bakery award!

When we visit McKinney, we ask shopkeepers to recommend their favorite restaurants.

Coffee N Cream was suggested as a great place for an afternoon break--oh yes, and for a cookie or two! But that's not all, quiche, cakes, pies and Blue Bell ice cream can be ordered, too.

Surprisingly, live music is featured every other Saturday night. Free WiFi, also. Coffee N Cream is down a half block or so from the town square.

Artwork by local folks added a colorful touch to the walls. Valentine cookies with pink and white swirly icing peeked through the glass display case. A very obliging young woman, held them up for a photo (pic #2). We ordered two to go...they were great (pic #2)!

Hours are 7am-7pm Mon.-Thurs.; 7am-10pm Fri.; 10am-10pm Sat.; 11am-6pm Sun.

Hutchins' BBQ: All You Can Eat Meat

by ATXtraveler Written May 17, 2009

A couple of weeks back, I decided that I was really going to research multiple different strategies for healthy living, so I picked up books from Dr. Atkins, as well as several health writers preaching the vegetable and vegan based diets. If you believe Atkins, this is your place. If you believe the other guys, give this place a pass.

Hutchins' BBQ is dedicated to meat lovers, and they basically make a challenge with you on how much of a meat eater you really are... they have a single serving price, and an All You Can Eat option. I have experienced both sides of the plate, and would highly recommend coming hungry, as the AYCE price is really quite reasonable.

A typical combo plate will run you 7.99 USD, or you can double that for all you can eat. If you take a look at how much a pound of ribs runs in the store, you are making money on the deal if you consume more than a pound of ribs. Put on top of that the fact that you can have as much sausage, brisket, turkey, chicken and pulled pork and you are a winner every time.

The food is definitely worth the money also, with plenty of love served up.

If you are in McKinney and want all the hometown delicious BBQ you can eat... this is your place.

• Delaney's Irish Pub: Best Pub Experience

by MTATE Written Feb 24, 2009

Delaney's Irish Pub is great. They advertise on their menu 95% of their food made fresh in house daily and you can tell. They have no idea about portion control though, the portions are huge. The food was so delicious we loved it. They have 35 beers on tap and let you taste any of them before ordering. I liked the fact they are family owned and operated. Their daughter is a waitress, sister is a bartender and their kids were their eating lunch. It was nice to be at an establishment that was family focused.

Favorite Dish: Haddock and chips or Pasta Carbonara mmmmm

• Beer Tasting

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Christina's Fine Mexican Restaurant: BEST Enchiladas in Dallas!

by msbrandysue Written Jun 13, 2008

This is one of those restaurants where you really can't go wrong. It has anything you would ever want from drinks to food. From enchiladas to tacos, mariscos to fajitas, it's all fantastic. It's particularly hopping on Friday afternoons for happy hour and dinner.

I have eaten at the ones in Addison and Lewisville and find them equal in service and taste.

The ambience is very open, cocktail hour, sometimes loud, usually a group or two is having a good time.

I just don't have the skills to tell you how good the food is. Chips and hot sauce are free! So, try it and enjoy!

Favorite Dish: I always get the enchiladas!! I usually get two chicken enchiladas in sour cream sauce and one cheese enchilada (no onions) with queso sauce. It also comes with beans and rice.

When I'm feeling good I get a nice house margarita :D

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Snuffer's: Best Burgers and Cheese Fries!!

by msbrandysue Written Jun 13, 2008

The food is typical american...burgers, fries, chicken fingers, etc. I have never had to wait on a table, and I've been there plenty of times. It has many tvs if you wanna watch a game but it doesn't get too loud. It's great for guys, girls, or families. The lettuce they use is so awesome. I know that sounds silly but just try it and see why. Overall, you HAVE to try their burgers if you go with some cheese fries!! You will not be disappointed! And, if you are, feel free to let me know.

Favorite Dish: Can you tell?? Cheese fries and a cheeseburger!!

Fried mushrooms with ranch are a great appetizer, too!

Kids chicken fingers if you have kids with ya!

Taco Bueno: Best Fast Food

by msbrandysue Written Jun 12, 2008

Yes, America is all about fast food. It's cheap, fast, and easy! While in McKinney I always make sure to stop at Taco Bueno!! It is great tex-mex food with a lower price. Although loaded in calories I always save one meal to splurge and this is definitely the one!

*No alcohol is available like some places around here though.

Favorite Dish: My favorite meal is the Mucho Nachos (without the chili sauce or refried beans) with a soft beef taco. It is enough for two people, unless you're really hungry!! They put plenty of queso and tomatos on top which I always enjoy. However, because of all the the toppings some of the chips lose their crunch. I love it!! My mom hates nachos like that so be advised!

The tacos both hard and crispy are fantastic. I've heard the tortilla soup is great, although it's usually only available in the colder months. The mexi-dip is also great. You get beans, guacamole, and a cheese puff to dip your chips in.

• adawn412's Profile Photo

Cafe Brazil: Breakfast in Brazil

by adawn412 Written Mar 15, 2008

Café Brazil opened for business in December 1991 in Dallas, Texas. Café Brazil was founded as a quaint, ten-table restaurant, where you could enjoy a great breakfast and specialty roasted coffees from around the world in a smoke-free, eclectic, relaxing and fun environment. The concept in its original form was an instant success with crowds lined up outside the door 24 hours a day. Now there are nine cafes spread out across the Dallas area and they are still as popular. Breakfast is served 'round the clock and the have now added soups, salads, sandwiches and dinner entrees to their menu as well as some very yummy desserts. I'm not a coffee drinker myself but I'm told their selection and quality is quite impressive.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish is the French Toast. The bit of cinnamon in the batter and the crushed walnuts and well...just everything about it is lovely. I highly recommend giving it a try! I also very much enjoy the Rosemary potatoes. But honestly, I haven't had anything thus far that I absolutely didn't like :)

• Study Abroad

Coffee N Cream: Hometown Coffee

by ATXtraveler Written Mar 14, 2008

Coffee N Cream, McKinney, TX

If Starbucks has a hold of too much of your money, and you would rather support the small business coffee shop, than Coffee N Cream is your place in McKinney. Located on the old town square in McKinney, the Ennen family brings you coffee with a hometown flair. Anything from drip to espresso, you can get it hot or cold, creamy or black. The shop also has a huge assortment of desserts and ice cream to make for a nice break from your antique shopping in McKinney. Almost everything in the store is locally (Texas) produced. The Arabica beans used for the coffee is roasted here in Texas for freshness.

Favorite Dish: Try the White Chocolate Mocha with a scoop of Butter Pecan Blue Bell Homemade Ice Cream.

• Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: McKinney

Comments

McKinney Restaurants

Reviews and photos of McKinney restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for McKinney sightseeing.