Been here? Rate It!
Historic Pecan Grove Cemetery
If you like wandering through history, McKinney's Pecan Grove Cemetery is the last resting place of not only some of its Civil War veterans, but the Texas Revolution and Mexican War, as well. It's one of the oldest cemeteries in North Texas.
Located on the outside of town, its monuments lay beneath shady trees or in family groupings. Thanks to the William H.L. Wells Camp (Sons of Confederate Veterans) many of the graves have been duely noted and marked. It's estimated there are about 200 Confederate veterans lying here--125 have been documented.
picture #2 Civil War Veteran (1836-1873)
picture #3 Little Otto (Aug. 25, 1874-May 28,1880)
Although some of the monuments are weather-worn, others are beautifully preserved. Some of the inscriptions are touching, such as a tiny grave marked 'Little Otto'.
- Historical Travel
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
McKinney Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Hotels
- Lauerzersee Hotels
- Marco Island
- Barden Tower Hotels
- State of Himachal Pradesh Hotels