Montgomery Restaurants

Hot sauce on the table
    by grandmaR
    Interior of the yacht club
    Peach cobbler

Most Recent Restaurants in Montgomery

Commodore Dining Room: Elegant Dining

by grandmaR Updated Jan 12, 2012

Sign outside

We had dinner at the Yacht Club in the Commodore Dining Room.

Someone next to us got Steak Diane and they came out with a cart and we had a big fire show.

Favorite Dish: I had champagne soup with puff pastry to start with. It was impossible to cut the pastry with the spoon and it was too big to eat without cutting it. For the main course I had Grouper Champagne ($15.95) which came with mushrooms and spinach. Bob had a green salad and then had pan seared top sirloin (also $15.95) with a pine nut rosemary crust. He didn't care for the pine nut crust. Then we both had apple crisp for dessert. (The soup or salad and dessert were included in the price.)

• Golf
    • Sailing and Boating

Hayden's Steaks and Seafood: Restaurant and Oyster Bar

by grandmaR Updated Jan 10, 2009

Fish tank

We tried to eat at the restaurant near our condo, but they weren't open on Sunday evening, so we came here. They had a printed 'specials' menu so we ordered from that.

Favorite Dish: I got a cup of crawfish bisque for $4.95 (photo 2)

Then I had the special #2 (pecan encrusted shrimp salad with strawberry vinaigrette for $12.95 - photo 4)

Bob got special #12 (Gulf Coast Platter - boiled shrimp, raw oysters and stone crab claws $14.95 - photo 3) He got 4 of each.

Then I had blueberry cream pie for dessert ($4.95 - photo 5). I couldn't finish the pie, so I took it home.

The total was $40.90 before tip.

• Seniors

Heritage House: Local Meeting Place

by grandmaR Updated Nov 27, 2006

My Steak - 10 oz ribeye $13.95

On the first night, we went out to dinner in the rainy dark - we drove toward Montgomery and went to a restaurant recommended by the resort called Heritage House. This was a "country" restaurant and the parking lot was quite muddy (with a lot of sand in the mud).

We noticed a very large group come in and the restaurant quickly added tables to accommodate more people. I knew that it probably wasn't a family group (because there were both black and white diners) although everyone seemed to know everyone else and be very friendly. We asked when we left and it was apparently a FFA or 4H group. That explained the trailers with farm equipment and the horse trailer in the parking lot.

Favorite Dish: We both had steaks which were delicious. Bob had the 6 oz. sirloin ($8.95) and I had the 10 oz ribeye ($13.95) which was covered with mushrooms, and neither of us could finish our steaks. Bob got the salad bar, and green beans and I had mashed potatoes (which came with a cream gravy) and green beans. Each plate came with a small corn on the cob and a little piece of watermelon and we also got rolls. I had a peach cobbler for dessert $2.50) Total was $31.62 before tip.

The Caddy Shack: Next to the Golf Course

by grandmaR Updated Apr 2, 2006

Mural

Under construction

Favorite Dish: That evening, we decided to have dinner at the Caddy Shack. It was open on weekdays. The doors had a round glass inset which was dimpled like a golf ball and the door handles were golf clubs. They seated us next to the window. I had a cup (it was as big as a bowl) of the soup of the day which was chicken dumpling ($2.95), and blackened catfish with roasted potatoes and spinach casserole for $10.95, and Bob had grilled salmon ($9.95) which came with asparagus and other vegetables. I asked them how big the creme brulee was, and the server indicated that it was dinner plate size. We both said that would be too much to eat, and he said well it was thin. So I did get that, and it was just a thin layer on the plate. It has strawberries in the middle and was $5.25.

• Golf
    • Business Travel

Instant Answers: Montgomery

Comments

Montgomery Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Montgomery restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Montgomery sightseeing.