New Braunfels Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in New Braunfels

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

Downtown Antique Mall: Antiques and Vintage Pieces

by VeronicaG Updated Jan 14, 2007

As we were familiarizing ourselves with New Braunfels, I spied the Downtown Antique Mall on San Antonio street. It looked like just the place to find what I was looking for...vintage pieces.

Roaming the aisles, we passed antique furniture, mirrors, old photos, glassware and China. This was all very nice, but I had something else in mind. After searching for a few minutes, I discovered a pile of vintage kitchen towels. Hooray! A towel or two would be perfect alongside my green handled vintage kitchen utensils and fiestaware cups and saucers. (Ladies, see picture #2 for the towel I chose, with a glimpse of the cross stitching--it's cute for $6.50)

This store was fun to explore and filled to the brim with good selections! If you're ever driving through New Braunfels, it might be in your interest to stop by.

What to buy: I love browsing through antique/collectible stores; anything along those lines can be found here

'Easy as Pie' kitchen towel
    • Seniors
    • Women's Travel
    • Singles

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

The Red Rooster Antique Company: Antiques and the Eclectic

by VeronicaG Updated Jan 13, 2007

As we walked further along San Antonio Street, we came across The Red Rooster Antique Company. It carried the usual pieces you might expect, plus some interesting vintage items. This old cupboard pictured would certainly add a nostalgic touch to one's kitchen if this style appeals to you.

Most antique stores I've visited in Texas include a small restaurant or tearoom, such as this one called the Olive Branch Cafe (picture #2). What a great idea for tired and hungry shoppers!

Red Rooster seemed to carry more vintage and collectible items than fine antiques. The store is deceiving in that it extends waaaay back from the street, being larger than it looks.

What to buy: Antiques and vintage items

Red Rooster Antique Company The Olive Branch Cafe
    • Singles
    • Seniors
    • Women's Travel

Instant Answers: New Braunfels

Comments

New Braunfels Shopping

Reviews and photos of New Braunfels shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for New Braunfels sightseeing.

View all New Braunfels hotels