Plano Restaurants

by ATXtraveler

Most Recent Restaurants in Plano

Cedars Woodfire Grill: Great Lunch Spot

by ATXtraveler Written Mar 3, 2014

I have been here multiple times as one of my customers is located right around the corner. I would highly recommend the salmon chophouse salad. All good, nothing bad, I eat it often. The steak chili was a little light for me, more of a steak chunk soup, but the flavor was good. Service is always excellent.

The Counter: Gourmet Burgers

by ATXtraveler Updated Apr 4, 2011

During a business trip to Palo Alto, CA, my co-worker introduced me to a great create your own burger chain called The Counter. I thought the concept was great, so I checked out the website only to find out that there was one merely miles from my house in Dallas!
    When you walk into The Counter, you are handed a clipboard with your options. Type of meat, type of cheese and which gourmet toppings are of interest to you. Then there are the extras like avocado, guacamole or roasted red peppers. Finally you choose your sauce and then pick a side if wanted and place the order. The burger is served to you in the form which you created so you really can only complain to yourself if it is not the way you wanted it.

Favorite Dish: I went with a 1/3 burger, pepper jack cheese, carmellized onions, jalapenos, guacamole, and a garlic aioli sauce. I went with sweet potatoes as a side item, and it was just as delicious as expected.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Blue Mesa Grill: Food You've Never Heard of

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

Restaurant looking under the freeway

We drove to Plano to see where my SIL worked, and saw this restaurant. My daughter said that it was good, but we didn't get to eat there. She said it had 'food that you've never heard of', so I went to the website to see what kinds of things they had. Under favorite dishes are some foods that I never heard of.

The website had this recipe

Ginger Rice

A mainstay sidedish at Blue Mesa that gets its unique flavor from ginger and basil pesto.

Serves 8
    ? cup butter
    2 tablespoons sushi ginger, drained and chopped
    2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
    ? cup yellow onions, diced
    2 cups rice, Uncle Ben's Converted
    ? cup coconut milk
    4 cups water
    1 teaspoon Kosher salt
    1/8 teaspoon white pepper
    1 tablespoon basil pesto

Favorite Dish: Avocado, Mango & Jicama Salad with Grilled Shrimp withTequila-orange vinaigrette 9.95

Adobe Pie® A spicy Blue Mesa original. Chicken, cheese and roasted peppers baked in a dome of corn masa and topped with three chile red and chipotle cream sauces 7.95

Churrascarita Sampler
    Grilled steak and chicken skewers, Mesa Panna bread, taquitos and a smoky black bean Adobe Pie 9.95

(Churrascaritas® are skewers of richly marinated meat and fish that are flash grilled . Roll them up in Mesa Panna bread with relishes)

• Business Travel

Cru: Wine Bar

by ATXtraveler Updated Dec 2, 2008

Located in the Shops at Legacy, is a nice little restaurant/wine bar called Cru. On a nice warm day, you can sit on the outside patios of this location and people watch with a great glass or bottle of wine. On the occassion that I went to Cru, I was on a work engagement, so there were roughly 25 customers and co-workers at this location, which was my preference, as we had the opportunity to try many different wines at one sitting. The restaurant also has a great selection of snack type meals that add to the wine tasting. I would recommend the Pear and Gorgonzola pizza, which was absolutely delicious. We also had the mushroom pizza, which I did not like as much. I believe it had to do with the mushrooms overpowering the cheese and bread.

Favorite Dish: There are so many choices, but the pizza seemed to fit perfectly with the wine. Both the Portabella mushroom pizza and the Pear/Gorgonzola would be my choices.

• Wine Tasting

Que Huong: Great Vietnamese

by ATXtraveler Updated Dec 2, 2008

One of my favorite cuisines in the world is Vietnamese food, as it always seems so fresh and delicious. Growing up in California, I was able to get a good taste of this food, but it left my palate when I moved to Texas and I did not find the same quality. Lately however, the opportunity for good Vietnamese because greater in Dallas, including the Que Huong chain. This restaurant is not going to win any awards for ambiance, but once in a while you want a quick quality meal with great fresh food. If this is your aim, then Que Huong is the place for you. The restaurant has a very metallic feel about it inside, and the dishes/silverware is very plain, but you are coming for the food anyway!

I really think I could eat here almost every day if it were only a little closer to my house!

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish here is the Bun (Vermicelli Noodles) with Pork and Eggroll. It has a little of everything in it, which makes for a delicious meal.

• virtualling's Profile Photo

Boba Latte: Want to milk free wi-fi?

by virtualling Updated May 28, 2008

Opens from 10am - 10pm everyday with free wi-fi (security enabled)... multiple varieties of bubble tea, smoothies and coffee drinks, karaoke (new) and friendly service. What's not to like?

There are two Boba Latte so far. One in Plano which is at the Plano Chinatown... same plaza as Asia World Supermarket and the other in Richardson. I've been to the one in Plano twice.
    The last time was Memorial Weekend of '08. There were 2 guys working there. Husband and I had Lychee and Avocado smoothies with pearl. They were out of Jackfruit that time. Dang. Both drinks were good, though the Avocado smoothie I had was a tad too creamy and not so icey-cold. For a large smoothie, it costs about $4.

Usually, younger people like the students like hanging out here. Free wi-fi I think? You'd need a password to access the wi-fi connection. Just ask the staff and they'll give it to you.

Panda Express: Decent and fast chinese food

by virtualling Updated Oct 7, 2007

For a Malaysian-Chinese who isn't so keen on eating chinese in a foreign land because if its lack of authenticity, I rate the food here decent. I liked the orange chicken, stir-fry beef with brocs and noodles.
    They weren't fantastic, but I've had crappy asian food elsewhere and I have learned to manage my expectations when it comes to this.
    Hot & sour soup wasn't much to my liking. Actually, I find this soup ... weird. It ain't Sze Chuan, not Hakka, not Cantonese... I just dunno what to make out of it. That's a general comment on the hot & sour soup here in US.
    But I gave it a try at Panda Express and it was especially peppery and vinegary-sour. I'm sure there are many who like this soup or else it won't be in all around the US.

The customers aren't exactly free to take the (plastic) utensils as they please.
    I had to ask the lady at the counter several times for utensils.
    I wanted 4 sets and she knew how many people were with me. I ordered more than 4 sets of dishes anyway.
    Iono... maybe you'll have better luck with the servers there.

Krispy Kreme: Donuts all day, all night

by virtualling Written Oct 4, 2007

I'm sure many of you have had Krispy Kreme.

I've had Dunkin Donuts and others back in Kuala Lumpur and decided to give Krispy Kreme a try since it was Thursday, umm.. well, I was hankering for a few donuts.

The texture is mushy, not all that sweet.
    Different from what I've had before in other places.
    Do you like KK donuts? What do you think about it...?

Price per donut is about 79 cents or so.
    Place is opened till 10pm and drive thru is 24 hours.

Buffalo Wild Wings: Have fiery wings on Tuesdays

by virtualling Written Jul 11, 2007

Yumm-o

BWW has promotions from time to time, don't miss out... check out their website for more details.
    I went for one of their current promotions, which is Wings Tuesdays.
    Ordered 24 pcs of wings with 4 types of sauces. Good way to have a little of variety, eh.
    Normal price for 24 pcs would be about $16. Promo price was about $12. Choose from the many types of sauces they have. From Mild to Carribean Jerk to Spicy Garlic to ummm... Asian Tzing.
    Wings were gooood.

Soda - Small $1.99 and the big one is a dollar more. Since it's refillable, why would anyone wanna pay a dollar more? The soda I had was watered down. Was fizzy alright, but dohh.
    But the wings were good. Heh.

There are a few arcade machines for the kids and man, the place is rowdy. They have a few projector screens and TVs and usually it's sports channel that's on. So imagine the cheering, clapping and all that happening. It's good fun.

Was there for dinner at about 7pm, on a waiting list when I got there. Had to wait for a good 15 minutes to get a table.

• Singles

Iravat Indian Bistro: New spice in town

by virtualling Written Jul 9, 2007

This North Indian restaurant opened recently.. end of June 2007. The interior looks posh and cozy. I haven't had a chance to try eating at this place just yet, but if you've been here, do share your reviews.

It's a couple of doors away from Asia World and next door to Little Szechuan Restaurant.

Refer to the 2nd picture posted for business hours.

• virtualling's Profile Photo

Dairy Queen: You know you want ice-cream. Yes, you....

by virtualling Written Jul 9, 2007

There is only one Dairy Queen in Plano that I know of. The one I've been to is at Ave K in Downtown Plano. Downtown has its own character and charm. It is, quaint. Take a drive around, there are some small diners and restaurants too.

The other closer DQ from Plano would be at 3488 E Rosemeade Parkway in Carrolton. That's pass Willowbend.

Blizzard of the month: Kit Kat

New yum-o dessert: Turtle Waffle Bowl Sundae

Favorite Dish: Blizzard (almost all of the available flavors) - Oreos/ Reese's/ Banana Split/ etc
    - About $2.40 for a small one

Main Street Bakery & Bistro: Look at them fancy cars and beautiful people

by virtualling Written Jul 6, 2007

Pastries, taco, pasta, sandwiches, desserts, cakes, coffee, soda and tea. Pick anything, they're tasty. Now, hurry up.. move your tray and sit by the sidewalk and do some people and car watching. Angelika Film Center is diagonally opposite Main Street. You can possibly smell the popcorn from across the street.
    If you're craving for it.
    Wait, I'm having a jones for popcorn now.

Business hours
    Sunday - Wednesday = 7:00am to 9:00pm
    Thursday = 7:00am to 11:00pm
    Friday- Saturday = 7:00am to midnight

Rice Boxx Asian Cafe: Shrimp galore

by virtualling Written Jul 6, 2007

One might go to Red Lobster for a shrimp feast. I didn't mean to have that much shrimp but hey, can't complain if the fried rice is served the way it is.
    I've been to Rice Boxx twice and the other asian restaurant I've been to is Osaka Sushi & Grill for a buffet lunch.
    Anyhoo, the food at Rice Boxx is ok. Nothing beats homecooked native dishes. According to the locals that I know here in Plano, they like the food here.
    The restaurant's in Legacy. There's a Starbucks and Jumba Juice a few doors away. Angelika Theatre is at the next block.

T.G.I Fridays: The cliche did me good

by virtualling Updated Jul 6, 2007

Waiter: You giving up your mash for fries??

I thought I'd have something simple and thought I'd try a new cafe to go to. So, I went to Corner Bakery but.. mehhh... somehow the menu was a little too simple for my appetite. Sandwiches, polenta, panini, vegetarian marina pasta, nope nope nope.... and then, my stomach spoke (AGAIN). My husband felt like ribs and I definitely felt like more brisket. Friday's was across the road and off we went. Had a grape slush which was not very slushy. More like crushed ice with grape drink with Sprite. Mehhhh...
    Food was typically Friday's kinda stuff. Was good enough for me.
    Hostess and waiter were friendly as usual. And today, they played tunes from the late 80s, early 90s. Man... you gotta like this place.
    And, today is Friday afterall.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Abuelo's Bar

by keeweechic Written Sep 22, 2004

To the right of the entry into the restaurant is the bar area - all in keeping with the theme of the rest of the restaurant. There is a small outdoor patio area also. Abuelo's has a large selection of domestic and imported beer, as well as an extensive wine list. They have specialties like La Grandeza Top Shelf Margarita - made with Sauza Conmemorativo and Grand Marnier, and Cointreau. On the rocks or frozen. Island Margarita - a frozen combination of coconut, pineapple and mango margarita. Made with Tres Generaciones Plata tequila. Sangria Roja - an Almaden Burgandy wine marinated with fresh fruit, Presidente Brandy, Herim Walker Triple, Sec & Peach Schnapps, plus several more.

Instant Answers: Plano

Comments

Plano Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Plano restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Plano sightseeing.